Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Victor Ortiz Made The Right Call: Health First, Dollars Later

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

“I’m going to stop while I’m ahead, and that way, I can speak well when I’m older."

"We’ll see what happens from here on out, man. I’m young, but I don’t think I deserve to be getting beaten up like this. So I have a lot of thinking to do.”

Comment

Originally posted by APryor View Post
      “I’m going to stop while I’m ahead, and that way, I can speak well when I’m older."

"We’ll see what happens from here on out, man. I’m young, but I don’t think I deserve to be getting beaten up like this. So I have a lot of thinking to do.”
      "For who? For what?"

Comment

For millions of dollars? Sign me up, sissy boy.

Some of you guys are real cowards... can't take some serious pain for millions of dollars? I feel bad for your families, having such a fairy as the "man" of the house.

For $2,000,000 you can break my jaw and all ten of my fingers. Or you can break my jaw and put me in the ring with a smaller, less skilled fighter for 9 minutes. Anyone who says otherwise is a *****, PERIOD.
        Not everyone, including many fighters, are so willing to sacrifice their health so blatantly in return for money, even if it is millions. You did hear what Cotto said in the face-off against Margarito right? Even he isn't with taking so much punishment anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by radioraheem View Post
          Not everyone, including many fighters, are so willing to sacrifice their health so blatantly in return for money, even if it is millions. You did hear what Cotto said in the face-off against Margarito right? Even he isn't with taking so much punishment anymore.
          Cotto is wealthy. Dude should retire.

Comment

Ortiz needs a new trainer.

Seriously has some major technical problems.

Comment

Originally posted by ThePhantom5 View Post

Agreed. If he had a better trainer maybe his jaw doesnt get broken in the first place

Comment

Originally posted by ThePhantom5 View Post

Yeah, he admittedly had at least one very good reason to quit. Lopez couldn't miss his jaw.

I have a really hard time understanding how boxing fans are saying that a fighter in pain should quit WHILE WINNING AN EXTREMELY IMPORTANT FIGHT. It's different if you are aborbing a tremendous beating in a fight you can't win. If you break your hand or jaw in that kind of situation, by all means, throw in the towel. But when you are the better fighter, the bigger fighter, you need the win badly, your opponent's eye is swollen shut and you are WINNING the god damn fight??? Suck it up *****. It's only 9 minutes.

Comment

Yeah, he admittedly had at least one very good reason to quit. Lopez couldn't miss his jaw.

I have a really hard time understanding how boxing fans are saying that a fighter in pain should quit WHILE WINNING AN EXTREMELY IMPORTANT FIGHT. It's different if you are aborbing a tremendous beating in a fight you can't win. If you break your hand or jaw in that kind of situation, by all means, throw in the towel. But when you are the better fighter, the bigger fighter, you need the win badly, your opponent's eye is swollen shut and you are WINNING the god damn fight??? Suck it up *****. It's only 9 minutes.
                  Easier said than done. Ortiz had his jaw broken with what, one shot? One shot that happened in a matter of seconds. Maybe you are right in that he could have gone on and everything would be cool. But maybe you are dearly wrong and Ortiz would have suffered that much more damaging and severe punishment. So much so his entire career would be toast.

Anytime a severe injury like that occurs, the fight should be stopped! Ortiz should not have been the one to throw in the towel himself. His trainer, doctor, etc, are not looking after his best interest -- his health.

Comment

Ortiz is still barreling forward late when he should been boxing exclusively.

Like Cotto did late vs Clottey. Gotta ride it out without taking anything big shot, You can still win rounds with out pressuring.
                    Last edited by Evil Abed; 06-26-2012, 01:23 PM.

Comment

For a reward of millions of dollars? OK, I think the line is gonna be plenty long. Too bad you're just a minimum wage jackoff spouting off.
                      Money was pretty much already in the bank. I assume you are one of these macho keyboard never been near a pair of glove soldiers who calls a pro fighter a *****. Yea pretty much.... Respect the man who entertains you by going into a ring and puts life on line. If thats not enough for you, then pleaseee, show us how its done.

Comment

Working...
                      X