Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Victor Ortiz Made The Right Call: Health First, Dollars Later

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You said it, NewBreed. Ortiz plays the nice guy part pretty well but he is kind of scumbag in the ring. Those fouls he commits have no place in boxing.

Anybody notice was a terrible job Lopez's corner was doing on his swelling? They seemed like they were going out of their way to completely ignore his left eye. Absolutely terrible corner. He could have come out of that fight looking a lot better if they did their goddamn jobs on his eye.

Comment

Originally posted by mgsooner View Post
      It's obvious we have a lot of "keyboard warriors" here that have never even come close to a boxing ring.

I most definately agree I work with a few people just like that.They have never stepped in a ring or even got into a good backyard scrapping and rely on commentators and youtube to get there info.

Comment

Alll the tough guys please line up and let me break your jaw in 2 places oh and severe some veins in the process so you can show us how tough you are as I punch you repeatedly on those same areas.

Comment

Ortiz has definitely shown some mental weaknesses in the past, but I think he gets a pass on this one. Sounds like a pretty nasty injury. Wish him all the best and I'm sure he'll be in some exciting fights in the future, I read that he's exercising the rematch clause but who knows when he'll be able to fight again if he's had surgery to fit metal plates in his jaw...

Comment

I'm looking forward to seeing Ortiz fight again. He's always in exciting fights. It sucks that he's not willing to go out on his shield but he's not the only one. Cotto has said it more than once that he's not willing to risk his health in the ring but no one hates on him the way some ppl are hating on Ortiz.

Comment

let's put it plain and simple " HE'S A SISSY " no heart ....try ballet dancing Ortiz !!

Comment

Originally posted by mgsooner View Post
                If his injuries are truly as bad as reported, you are a moron if you criticize him for not continuing. Let's break your jaw in two places and then we'll see if you're ready to go get hit in the face for 9 more minutes.
                For millions of dollars? Sign me up, sissy boy.

Some of you guys are real cowards... can't take some serious pain for millions of dollars? I feel bad for your families, having such a fairy as the "man" of the house.

For $2,000,000 you can break my jaw and all ten of my fingers. Or you can break my jaw and put me in the ring with a smaller, less skilled fighter for 9 minutes. Anyone who says otherwise is a *****, PERIOD.

Comment

Originally posted by Primera View Post
                  b...b....b..bu..b-but X fighter fought with a broken jaw, why not Ortiz??

Did X fighters jaw break in two places, also piercing a vein which caused internal bleeding in the process?

"uhhhmm"
                  Yes, *******. How many times do we have to explain this to you? Abraham had his jaw broken in two places. He lost a liter of blood. He need 22 screws (not 3 like Ortiz, 22) and had two titanium plates put in his jaw (one for Ortiz). And he fought like that for 7 rounds. Oh, he also spent 3 days in intensive care.

So the answer is not "uhhhmmm", it's "Yes, *******".
                  Last edited by APryor; 06-26-2012, 12:47 PM.

Comment

He did the right thing. He was winning the fight before the stoppage, just call it a night, heal up and come back and win the rematch and redeem yourself.

No sense in taking unneccesary punishment and shortening and damaging your career and future health all to please some internet fans. He's gotta make the right choice for himself and his future boxing career.

Comment

Originally posted by Rikanlynx86 View Post
                      Alll the tough guys please line up and let me break your jaw in 2 places oh and severe some veins in the process so you can show us how tough you are as I punch you repeatedly on those same areas.
                      For a reward of millions of dollars? OK, I think the line is gonna be plenty long. Too bad you're just a minimum wage jackoff spouting off.

Comment

Working...
                      X