No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. Stops Andy Lee in Seven Rounds

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Alpha & Omega View Post
    So JCC Jr. fought with new-found amazing power and ferocity, gave no testing sample, had "leg cramps" and is trained by Roach LOL. Wow. Wonder if we have seen this before haha.
    I don't agree with mayweather fans often but this is too coincidental. Both these fools are getting cramps and "keep their distance" when it comes to testing. Not to mention the gloves might have been too small and the ring was only 18x17.5... that being said Lee was ****ed once Chavez let him hit him clean and started show boating. He took his heart at that moment, but there is something in the water at the Wild Card, go figure the only fighter without these issues is the one that has to deal with Olympic testing (Khan.)

Comment

Originally posted by Ravens Fan View Post
      Sorry if you can't handle the truth. And you all act as if he just beat the best middleweight in the world and it was Andy Freakin Lee that he beat. And please tell me or show me who Lee has beat to even earn such a high ranking? And I simply believe that when he moves up and fights an elite fighter he will be exposed.
      thats how undefeated fighters get beat they move up thinking they are invincinble and get there ass whipped. ex. Roy Jones Jr., P. Whtiker. Bradley! no need to go on thats enough. if Floyd was to move up to fight Sergio he'd get punished in a scary fashion. Pacquiao was smart enough to go back to WW cause he knows his limits. if Ward was to move up an fight the Klitschkos he'd get destroyed. Calzaghe (smart) never left SMW! so quit hatin and give the MAN his props like Lee did.

Comment

Originally posted by TerrisJ3 View Post
        thats how undefeated fighters get beat they move up thinking they are invincinble and get there ass whipped. ex. Roy Jones Jr., P. Whtiker. Bradley! no need to go on thats enough. if Floyd was to move up to fight Sergio he'd get punished in a scary fashion. Pacquiao was smart enough to go back to WW cause he knows his limits. if Ward was to move up an fight the Klitschkos he'd get destroyed. Calzaghe (smart) never left SMW! so quit hatin and give the MAN his props like Lee did.
        Chavez is quite clearly not a natural MW. He simply will not be able to stay at MW as he gets older.

Comment

Great win over Lee. So is Chavez ready for the other champion's at 160 yet?

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
            FINALLY...Chavez turns in an impressive performance. He fought the same way he usually does, but he seemed a little more polished with his offense, and he didn't smother his punches like he usually does. He was also countering effectively.

Now, will the Chavez/Martinez fight finally be made?
            every fight I've seen him in, is impressive. Even some of his bad fights are impressive, like Vanda, Cuelo, and Molina, because he never quits! This kid is a natural. I see it, Roy Jones see's it, and I guarantee Sanchez, Zbik, Rubio, Lee, and Martinez see it. People keep disrespecting this young man, because he has been taken care of in his career, just like they did with his Dad, but who out there can honestly say, with 100% certainty, that Martinez would beat this man. I have it a 50/50 fight, with the edge going to Chavez, because of his size, and surprisingly, his defense. Chavez has a good chin, but if you watch closely, he doesn't get hit clean often, it is his secret weapon.
            I know that the trend right now is to call Chavez Jr, fraud, fake, and every bad term available for a fighter, but I will not follow suit. This a good fighter who deserves our respect. I for one will not be missing any fights of his, win or lose, because he is an exiting fighter who gives his all every time out.

Comment

I think they should have given Lee a bit more time, especially because this is a championship fight, but I won't complain too much. We wouldn't have gotten fights like Corrales Castillo if the ref pussied out everytime anyone was hurt.

Originally posted by Realizniguhnit View Post
              u dont get to 45-0 without being very good..
              He really lost at least 3 of those fights though.

Comment

I have no reason to hate Chavez I just don't think he is that good. And beating Andy Lee does little in the way to change my opinion of him. And just so you know. Calzaghe did in fact win the Ring and lineal Light Heavy title when he beat Bhop and he even defended the title against Roy Jones.

Comment

Chavez is draining himself to make 160lb, the fact that he re-hydrates past two weight divisions is the proof. Chavez is abusing his body and exploiting the size advantage, and that's part of the reason why he's able to pound these guys into submission, and make them fight his fight. I'm not trying to take credit away from Chavez's performance, cuz he did good tonight. But, Chavez is gonna wind up permanently damaging his body and by the time he decides to move up, his physical attributes will have diminished. He won't be able to absorb punishment quite the same, and he won't be able to dish it quite the same either.
                  Last edited by kiaba360; 06-17-2012, 12:45 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by mev1 View Post
                    every fight I've seen him in, is impressive. Even some of his bad fights are impressive, like Vanda, Cuelo, and Molina, because he never quits! This kid is a natural. I see it, Roy Jones see's it, and I guarantee Sanchez, Zbik, Rubio, Lee, and Martinez see it. People keep disrespecting this young man, because he has been taken care of in his career, just like they did with his Dad, but who out there can honestly say, with 100% certainty, that Martinez would beat this man. I have it a 50/50 fight, with the edge going to Chavez, because of his size, and surprisingly, his defense. Chavez has a good chin, but if you watch closely, he doesn't get hit clean often, it is his secret weapon.
                    I know that the trend right now is to call Chavez Jr, fraud, fake, and every bad term available for a fighter, but I will not follow suit. This a good fighter who deserves our respect. I for one will not be missing any fights of his, win or lose, because he is an exiting fighter who gives his all every time out.
                    i agree! cOUDNT O SAID IT BETTER MYSELF. kID IS HATED FOR STUPID REASONS. kID IS MAKING A NAME FOR HIMSELF AMD WILL SHOCK THE WORLD WHEN HE STOPS mARTINEZ..

Comment

I still have my doubts about Chavez. We'll see if he's for real once he moves up in weight. The fight against Martinez may also give us an idea, although the size difference will still be there. It's a lot harder to push around Carl Froch than it is Andy Lee.

Comment

Working...
                      X