Prime Vernon Forrest 147 Vs Floyd @ 147

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prime Vernon Forrest 147 Vs Floyd @ 147

Who wins

I know this may be an old topic, but was just wondering, what y'all think.

Welterweight prime Forrest beats Floyd behind that long jab & straight right hand.

Comment

All Floyd WW things are pretty much the hardest things to judge in boxing because he was never the perfect fighter. Meaning early he was more in his prime but he had also moved up in weight very fast and was a much smaller framed/weaker Mayweather. Now he's out of his prime but he's much stronger with a wider frame. If we could fuse the 2 together then I have no doubt he would easily win this fight but you cant do that.

I still go with Floyd. Again, when I think of Floyd I have to think of 2 versions. I literally seperate him. I think Forrest probably beats or is a very tough fight with the early WW Floyd. Some of that was also due to Floyd's mentality. I however think the Floyd who fought JMM & espically Mosley beats Forrest.

The Floyd that fought JMM was probably physically the best WW version of Floyd. He was solidly built but still had his legs at a high level. He didnt have that dog fight mentality that he now has though so even then he wasnt perfect. P4P I think Floyd is clearly better. Vernon vs early WW Floyd is a tossup but I think the JMM-Mosley version beats Vernon clearly

Comment

A guy who got knocked out and outboxed by Ricardo Mayorga & got a gift decision against a shot to pieces Ike Quartey beats Floyd, lol!

The only thing he really did of note was beat Mosley twice.

''Styles make fights tho''

Comment

I give an edge to Forrest against the current Mayweather

prime for prime its hard to decide because of the way he dominated Mosely but struggled with Mayorga which is the real forrest

IDK...i would still favor Forrest because of his boxing skills, size, very good jab and power.

prime Mayweather at welterweight is 2006-2009 still had the leg speed, reflexes, and all his tools he had a shot but the style and size is a bit to overcome

If they fought I think Forrest would have forced Mayweather to be more aggressive considering Forrest had the advantage on the outside with his reach and was a good infighter as well

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
            A guy who got knocked out and outboxed by Ricardo Mayorga & got a gift decision against a shot to pieces Ike Quartey beats Floyd, lol!

The only thing he really did of note was beat Mosley twice.

''Styles make fights tho''
            Prime Mayorga would literally walk into a hail of bullets put leather to face. Floyd is a defense 1st fighter. He isn't risking stepping into that hot a$$ kitchen to fight Forrest, period.

Comment

Originally posted by tikay0036
              Precisely. He's a stylistic nightmare for floyd.

They say all these guys are stylistic nightmares for Floyd until it comes down to it. It would of been Floyd vs Phillip Ndou all over again and we all bared witness to him getting pullcountered to absolute death

Comment

Think about someone with the physical dimensions of antonio margarito, but that was technical, tall, and had an excellent jab.
                Please stop talking to me like Ive never seen Forrest fight

Comment

Please, just stop. Phillip n'dou was a showcase fight for floyd. His style could've posed problems, but his overall athleticism/punching power/speed/defense.intangibles was laughable.

With all due respect Phillip Ndou hit very hard, the man was a powerhouse.

Comment

Floyd has got to the point where they only look at things from one side. Vernon is so much of a stylistic matchup for Floyd? Like who did Forrest fight to show you that Floyd wouldnt be a stylistic matchup for him? No one is going to dominate Floyd. Forrest is good but he's not good enough to dominate Floyd.

Now if you think he's going to win a close fight then thats one thing but stop acting like he's garbage or all these guys are matchup nightmares for him but he's not a bad matchup for them. That just doesnt make sense. Floyd to me is the better boxer and is the better inside fighter. Ill take that against Vernon.

To me it would look like the Tszyu fight in the amatures

Comment

Working...
                    X