Prime Vernon Forrest 147 Vs Floyd @ 147

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SekondzOut View Post
    this made me laugh!!!

on topic...I've ALWAYS said Vernon and Tommy Hearns beats Floyd at WW...I give Ray Leonard a edge over him as well, but not like I do Vernon and Tommy...IMO Vernon's jab and str8 right would control Floyd....I have to admit, I've heard some dudes make some valid points about this fantasy fight and picking Floyd to win it....but I stand firm on my opinion.....but the more I hear dudes debate about this particular match up...the fight gets closer in my head...but I sill see Vernon winning it

Tommy slumps Floyd....no question!!!!
    Tommy slugs Floyd. Vernon Forrest? Not a chance.

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
      Tommy slugs Floyd. Vernon Forrest? Not a chance.
      Floyd never gets hit with the uppercut that demolished SHane. Both have the style to give floyd fits. But to assume floyd would stand still and get hit makes little sense. He beats forrest.

If tommy catches him like SHane did, dear god just call the paramedics don't even bother to count.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
        Floyd never gets hit with the uppercut that demolished SHane. Both have the style to give floyd fits. But to assume floyd would stand still and get hit makes little sense. He beats forrest.

If tommy catches him like SHane did, dear god just call the paramedics don't even bother to count.
        I think Forrest's jab would bother Mayweather but he's simply too big a target and too slow. Forrest was an excellent boxer but I never considered him truly elite, in spite of the win over Mosley. There were a host of fights in his prime where he looked above average at best. The Phillips fight comes to mind. And the Forrest-Mosley rematch was far closer than the original, which people tend to forget. Mayweather is too cerebral, too quick and Forrest gives him too big a target. I see an 8-4/9-3 win for Floyd.

Comment

Working...
        X