Collapse
No announcement yet.

Prime Vernon Forrest 147 Vs Floyd @ 147

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ive always thought this was a fight forrest could win and i dont think otherwise yet. i think id go close decision to forrest. but itd be a good fight.

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
      Mayweather in surprising one-sided fashion.
      ^^^^This should've ended the thread.....

Comment

Originally posted by DLT View Post
        All Floyd WW things are pretty much the hardest things to judge in boxing because he was never the perfect fighter. Meaning early he was more in his prime but he had also moved up in weight very fast and was a much smaller framed/weaker Mayweather. Now he's out of his prime but he's much stronger with a wider frame. If we could fuse the 2 together then I have no doubt he would easily win this fight but you cant do that.

I still go with Floyd. Again, when I think of Floyd I have to think of 2 versions. I literally seperate him. I think Forrest probably beats or is a very tough fight with the early WW Floyd. Some of that was also due to Floyd's mentality. I however think the Floyd who fought JMM & espically Mosley beats Forrest.

The Floyd that fought JMM was probably physically the best WW version of Floyd. He was solidly built but still had his legs at a high level. He didnt have that dog fight mentality that he now has though so even then he wasnt perfect. P4P I think Floyd is clearly better. Vernon vs early WW Floyd is a tossup but I think the JMM-Mosley version beats Vernon clearly
        The JJM and Mosley who fought Mayweather were no threat to anyone. Marquez was a lightweight fighting a full welterweight, and foolishlyneglected to build himself upproperly just gaining flab instead of muscle. And Maywegither came in 2 lbs overweught, made no attempt to taskr it off, which was clearly denigatory of Marquez.

Mosley was only a quarter of the Mosley who fought Forrest, if that. The Mosley of just before the Forrest fight would have eaten up Mayweather. Maybe not for a few rounds, but the speed and pressure would have been too much and Mayweather would have been running. The Forrest who beat the prime, unbeaten Mosley would have had an easy task with Mayweather who would have been afraid to come within range. It would have been a terrible fight, reminiscent of most of Mayweather's early fights where he always became "defensive"at the first signs of aggression.

Mayweather had only 2 good early fights, that I recall, against Hernandez and Augustus. If Augustus had had a punch he could have won, because he laid too many hands on Mayweather for his liking. I don't recall him ever being hit like that. His Castillo fights were bad, the first was worse than the second.

Comment

Floyd would never fight Forest. Forest has the right style and temper to beat Floyd. Styles make fights.

Comment

Tough fight for Floyd based on Vernon's style. I can't look at the Mosley fight though and think THAT will happen. We have to think about Floyd's defense even at 147. I say that Vernon may beat today's version of Floyd. But Floyd that entered Welterweight, I'd have to give Floyd an edge.

Comment

floyd is a small welterweight. he has not had to fight a really good, big welterweight. prime forrest was a LOT better than the dlh he fought. this is a tough matchup for mayweather.

Comment

I think Vernon beats him to a unanimous decision

Comment

Originally posted by DLT View Post
                  Please stop talking to me like Ive never seen Forrest fight
                  this made me laugh!!!

on topic...I've ALWAYS said Vernon and Tommy Hearns beats Floyd at WW...I give Ray Leonard a edge over him as well, but not like I do Vernon and Tommy...IMO Vernon's jab and str8 right would control Floyd....I have to admit, I've heard some dudes make some valid points about this fantasy fight and picking Floyd to win it....but I stand firm on my opinion.....but the more I hear dudes debate about this particular match up...the fight gets closer in my head...but I sill see Vernon winning it

Tommy slumps Floyd....no question!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
                    A guy who got knocked out and outboxed by Ricardo Mayorga & got a gift decision against a shot to pieces Ike Quartey beats Floyd, lol!
                    boxing doesn't work this way

Comment

Originally posted by DOM 3.0
                      Still don't see how that's relevant.
                      2 things. Oscar is bigger than Shane & Oscar was still pretty good at that time.

Comment

Working...
                      X