Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Breidis Prescott: I'd Stop Victor Ortiz in Seven Rounds!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SekondzOut View Post
    thread title sounds like some fake ass promise a politician would run off in a speech to trick voters for votes!!

ok...PRESCOTT FOR REPLACING BERTO!!!

smh...Vic would smash this dude!!
    But do you not think it's a great replacement??

Comment

Originally posted by Own3d View Post
      No he doesn't his KO's dried up when he stepped up in competition, i've seen a few of his fights since Khan and his power looks nothing more than average.

All fighters K.O ratios drop at world level. Either way that says a lot for Khans punch resistance doesn't it?

Comment

I wouldn't mind seeing the fight.
        Why not? This kid comes to fight (well for about 6 rounds)
        he goes for the KO, and he says he is ready.

F*** it put him in as a replacement he might surprise us.

Comment

Originally posted by Rome-By-Ko View Post
          But do you not think it's a great replacement??
          for sure...Vic should have a look good fight like that after punk ass Berto stalled his career for a minute...it would be a exciting scrap because Prescott aint no punk...dude come to bang...he just took a brutal one from a buck forty pounder....Vic gets him outta there early imo....but like I said its a fight I would watch...Maidana is another dude who should be considered...bring Vic down to 145(Mannyweight) and its a proper rematch imo

Comment

Why oh Why does this one hit wonder journeyman get constant press? Is the sport really this bad off now?

Comment

I like Prescott, he fights like a Mexican. Pure heart and guts, but he places his punches well. I think a fight with ortiz would be great, I don't see why it shouldn't happen. Both fighters are at a rebuilding stage at this point, would be interesting

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
                All fighters K.O ratios drop at world level. Either way that says a lot for Khans punch resistance doesn't it?
                The AK Prescott KO'd was getting dropped by domestic level featherweights like Gomez and Limond. There is no doubt that Khan pre-Roach/Ariza had one of the worst chins in boxing history. Prescott was the first puncher he had ever faced and honestly it wasn't seen as that big an upset in 2008 as it is now because Khan was still a domestic level fighter.

That said no objectional boxing fan can deny that Khan's punch resistance has greatly improved post-Prescott. He has been wobbled but fact remains he has not hit the canvas once in 4 yrs in spite of moving up in weight and fighting top 10 world class opponents. Maidana and Judah both hit harder than Prescott and far are more skilled. Maidana hit Khan with punches that have KO'd several others, but Khan though greatly wobbled never hit the canvas. And pretty much everyone Khan has fought since 2008 hits harder than Drizlane, Limond, and Gomez; hell even Paulie does. The pre-Prescott Khan would never have been able to handle shots from Maidana and Judah.

Let me ask all hate aside; would you honestly be willing to put money on Prescott defeat Khan if they were to rematch? Do you really think Khan is the exact same fighter who got dropped 5x in the first 3 yrs of his career against domestic opposition? I agree Khan needs to eventually rematch Prescott but only a hater would pick him to lose that fight at this stage of his career

Comment

Originally posted by Shogun99 View Post
                  The AK Prescott KO'd was getting dropped by domestic level featherweights like Gomez and Limond. There is no doubt that Khan pre-Roach/Ariza had one of the worst chins in boxing history. Prescott was the first puncher he had ever faced and honestly it wasn't seen as that big an upset in 2008 as it is now because Khan was still a domestic level fighter.

That said no objectional boxing fan can deny that Khan's punch resistance has greatly improved post-Prescott. He has been wobbled but fact remains he has not hit the canvas once in 4 yrs in spite of moving up in weight and fighting top 10 world class opponents. Maidana and Judah both hit harder than Prescott and far are more skilled. Maidana hit Khan with punches that have KO'd several others, but Khan though greatly wobbled never hit the canvas. And pretty much everyone Khan has fought since 2008 hits harder than Drizlane, Limond, and Gomez; hell even Paulie does. The pre-Prescott Khan would never have been able to handle shots from Maidana and Judah.

Let me ask all hate aside; would you honestly be willing to put money on Prescott defeat Khan if they were to rematch? Do you really think Khan is the exact same fighter who got dropped 5x in the first 3 yrs of his career against domestic opposition? I agree Khan needs to eventually rematch Prescott but only a hater would pick him to lose that fight at this stage of his career
                  I mostly agree with you,but I don't agree that it's a sure shot win for Khan should these two every meet up again unless Khan improves a bit more..A rangy fighter like Prescott(who does have a decent jab)gives Khan problems imo..I would not pick Prescott to win,but I would not be surprised if he does..Esp right now,Khan still has holes in his game,gaping ones..

Comment

Originally posted by Shogun99 View Post

Yes I would bet on Prescott because I imagine the odds would be ridiculous. Do I legitimately believe Prescott has a shot against 140-147lb Khan, yes I do!
                    Khan only looks good against defensive midgets & slow, plodders.
                    Prescott is a stylistic nightmare for Khan! Everytime Khan has ever fought anybody his height he has been brutalised & for good reason.
                    I think his punch resistance has improved as he has gone up but its still not a world class chin. Sure Maidana hits hard but you only have to look out for one punch & hes slow as fcuk! Then again the ref saved Khan from another defeat as he kindly did when the feather fisted Willie Limmond laid him out for a 14 count.
                    Stylistic nightmare for Khan which is why he'll avoid it at all costs & rematch Paulie Malignaggi at 147 or somebody equally as made for him.

Comment

thats funny

Comment

Working...
                      X