No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Tim Bradley: Pacquiao Has To Knock Me Out To Get 50-50

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Master CHeef View Post
    Shane Mosley had to leave Golden Boy to get the Pacquiao fight. Marquez had to sign with Top Rank to get the Pacman fight. Now, Bradley has had to sign with Top Rank to get the Pacman fight. As soon as Cotto wasn't with TopRank anymore, then we see him fight Floyd.

Floyd's guaranteed purse for the Cotto fight was 32 million, the new record after Mike Tyson's guaranteed 30 million for the holyfield rematch. Makes the 40 million Floyd offered pacman seem not so shabby, huh?
    proof is in the pudding, indeed.

mayweather doesn't want this fight bad enough. the others went out of their way to make the fight happen. in contrast, pbf kept dumping roadblocks that doesn't have anything to do with arum.

you're da man.

Comment

Lol if all of you want this fight then you would understand it takes 2 fighters to make a big fight like pac-may.
      Whatever money they make i really dont give ****, but if i was pacquiao and mayweather tried to just give me 40 mil from a 200 mil fight i would tell him **** off too. And im pretty sure most of you would to.

Thread *****es

Comment

Originally posted by WESS View Post
        The problem is, nobody ever gets the same deal they walk away from the second or even third time around... Floyd made that clear especially after he beat Mosley. The deal was never ever going to be the same. 50-50 or testing.

Again, Pac will fight Floyd but it will be his very last fight in a take or leave it offer. I doubt Pac walks away with nothing. He will take what he can get. Floyd knows that. Bob knows that which is why Bob is going senile. He about had a heart attack on Larry's show the other night. The man has lost his mind.
        everybody EXCEPT Lamont lol....he got love from Khan the second time around...the first time he turned down X amount of thousands to fight AK in the UK but he flagged that ish and got X plus some more thousands to host the champ in his backyard

Comment

Originally posted by Roy 88 View Post
          Comparing Ortiz and Bradley is a good start, because neither were on HBO PPV main event prior to their fights with Mayweather and Pacquiao. But I think they're gonna look at the overall PPV and gate revenue in the last couple of years.
          Both guys have people representing them that are a heckuva lot smarter than me and will be capable of twisting the numbers to say whatever they want them to say. Fact is, they are both superstars and its likely one is gonna have to give in in order to make the fight happen.

As for the PPV numbers, I think even they can be misleading. Fact is, Mayweather's last several PPVs have been showed on closed circuit in 800-900 theaters nationwide. That generates Mayweather a lot of revenue but also hurts his PPV sales. I've gone to the theater to see his last two fights where I've been "forced" to order Pac's. I doubt I'm the only one that's had that situation. And I'm a bigger Mayweather fan than Pacquaio fan. Go figure.

Comment

I am so tired of hearing about if Pac is the "same fighter". When will people realize he IS the same fighter he has always been? The selection of his opponents, combined with catchweights and fighting guys that are coming off brutal KO's, are what has fooled people over the last 2-3 years. The Pac that fought JMM in 2008, is the same one that fought him in 2011. It is all about matchmaking and styles. Anytime you put Pac in the ring with a quicker, sharp skilled boxer who has some defense and counterpunching ability, Pac looks like ****, period. Arum has really brainwashed millions of fans with this crap.

Comment

The fight making 200 mil is just speculation. This fight is already not as big as it once was. $40 million would be the largest guaranteed purse in history, there's no way I'd turn that down!!!!

Comment

I wonder what all these naysayers are going to do when Bradley wins? It's going to be pretty quiet around here.

Comment

since the original deal, all we've had is Would Ya Takes.....Nonsense by FRAUD!!!

Should He Hattonizes BRAD, There's No way, Boy's Bag of AVOIDANCE MOVES,
                  won't find a new way to, PUNK OUT!!!

Comment

pacman is still the same fighter. same fighter who always had trouble with marquez.

Comment

Originally posted by Alpha & Omega View Post
                      I am so tired of hearing about if Pac is the "same fighter". When will people realize he IS the same fighter he has always been? The selection of his opponents, combined with catchweights and fighting guys that are coming off brutal KO's, are what has fooled people over the last 2-3 years. The Pac that fought JMM in 2008, is the same one that fought him in 2011. It is all about matchmaking and styles. Anytime you put Pac in the ring with a quicker, sharp skilled boxer who has some defense and counterpunching ability, Pac looks like ****, period. Arum has really brainwashed millions of fans with this crap.
                      he didnt brainwash me,,,ive always said what u just wrote here...careful matchmaking and boom!,, hes a superstar...put him in with someone who has skills and he looks like shyt...even if he beats bradley and looks bad people will say what u just wrote here,that hes not the same,he is

Comment

Working...
                      X