Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Miguel Cotto a LEGITIMATE Hall of Famer?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pin Galarga View Post
    He is the ONLY Boxer in the history of the sport that has recover from a plaster assault (then a steroid assault a year after) and fought is way back in the top P4P of the World. He stands alone in this category and to his credit, He has also fought the best and never has backup from any great battle.
    Beside that, He has earn his entry like the others before him.
    so when did cotto go back to the top 10 p4p?

Originally posted by Exciterx24 View Post
    I think Cotto has a resume that is solid enough to result in a Canastota induction. His best wins are Mosley, Judah, and Margarito. The second group would include Quintana, Malignaggi, Foreman, and a past his prime Mayorga. Then there is the third group comprised of fighters that were not great but were good and some became champions after fighting Cotto. This group includes Maussa, Victoriano Sosa, Lovemore N'Dou, Randall Bailey, Abdullaev, and perhaps Urkal.

All this goes against three losses, one avenged, and two losses to consensus top P4P fighters Pacquiao and Mayweather. All in all, a 4 time champion in 3 divisions, a big name, good PPV draw, and respected by his peers. When all is said and done, I think he will get in without much debate.
    i dont think that's good enough.

losing all your big fights should not be rewarded.

Comment

Originally posted by DTMB View Post

I don't think losing to Mayweather and Pacquiqo but winning against a still competent Mosley, Judah, and Margarito in a rematch is losing all your big fight but to each his won. Some will agree, some will not.

Comment

I don't think losing to Mayweather and Pacquiqo but winning against a still competent Mosley, Judah, and Margarito in a rematch is losing all your big fights but to each his own. Some will agree, some will not.

Comment

I don't think losing to Mayweather and Pacquiqo but winning against a still competent Mosley, Judah, and Margarito in a rematch is losing all your big fights but to each his own. Some will agree, some will not.
          I don't think losing to Mayweather and Pacquiqo but winning against a still competent Mosley, Judah, and Margarito in a rematch is losing all your big fight but to each his won. Some will agree, some will not.
          judah was 0-1-2 heading into the cotto fight and has not done nothing since the cotto fight. & you want to use the 2nd margarito fight for HOF credibility?

i should have made this thread in the history section....

Comment

judah was 0-1-2 heading into the cotto fight and has not done nothing since the cotto fight. & you want to use the 2nd margarito fight for HOF credibility?

i should have made this thread in the history section....
            I have nothing more to add. Some will agree, some will not. Otherwise, there would be no debate. Anyway, no poster here will decide if Cotto, or any other fighter, gets in Canastota. Only time, and the official voters, will tell.

Comment

See, that's bull. "Losing all your big fights". How was the first Mosley fight, not big? How was the Judah fight, not big? How about the two fights with Margarito, not big? I get it, you have to be fighting the top two fighters for it to be big in your book. Okay, I'll say it....Cotto isn't as good as Pacquaio or Mayweather but who is....that's why they are the best fighters of the decade. So you penalize Miguel because he isn't greater than the top 2 fighters of his decade. It's a shame Miguel wasn't a bit bigger where he could of ran the middleweight division like the sure fire hall of famer Bernard Hopkins.

It's absurd that you keep Cotto out of the hall because basically on the merit of him not being as good as Mayweather or Pacquiao.

Comment

People still realize that he LOST his last fight right?

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Fantastic View Post
                  People still realize that he LOST his last fight right?
                  No, I think we all missed the biggest fight of the year.

Comment

Originally posted by Check View Post
                    No, I think we all missed the biggest fight of the year.
                    So in that case let's all give DLH credit for getting beat by Mosley in their first fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Fantastic View Post
                      So in that case let's all give DLH credit for getting beat by Mosley in their first fight.
                      Well, I am not giving Cotto credit for fighting well against Mayweather. I certainly am not going to knock him for losing to Mayweather though or Pac. There's a reason why Mayweather and Pacquiao are the most gifted fighters of this era. Saying Miguel isn't a hall of famer because he lost to those two guys is unfair. I'd like to see guys like Bernard Hopkins, Joe Calzaghe, or whoever else people feel would get in, how they would of stacked up against those two talents if there was talent like them in their respective divisions. Chances are Bernard Hopkins wouldn't of had 20 defenses at middleweight if there was that kind of talent.

Comment

Working...
                      X