Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Miguel Cotto a LEGITIMATE Hall of Famer?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Check View Post
    Answer the questions then. What have they done that is more impressive and how would they have done if they faced a talent like Manny or Floyd. If Cotto hadn't faced those two guys he would be undefeated with wins over Margarito, Mosley, Judah, Torres, Foreman etc. That's better than anything those four guys have accomplished.

Bernard Hopkins middleweight reign. Bernard Hopkins has NEVER beat a fighter with equal talent of his or a guy that he wasn't much larger than. Cotto on the other hand has beat MANY fighters that were bigger than him and took ton of risks.

Joe Calzaghe smw reign. Another guy that never took any risks and beat very few, even top 15 fighters in his divisions.

The Klitchkos....I don't even need to dive into this. While they fought in one of the worst divisions, Cotto was fighting in arguably the most talented.
    I'm a huge Cotto fan but this is just insane man. Hopkins has arguably lost twice in his career and he has faced a litany of great fighters. You're using revisionist history....he was an underdog against Tito. An underdog against the lineal LHW champion Tarver.

Hopkins has had an absolutely brilliant career. As much as I love Cotto, the two careers aren't comparable.

Comment

Which of those four guys would be able to beat a Manny/Floyd type talent. None of those guys are that gifted. Cotto gets discredited because his divisions were loaded with talent. How many top 25 p4p talent did those four fight? Gimme a fuking break.
      Winning lineal titles and keeping them for years isn't gifted? :lol:

Come find me when Cotto is good enough to win even one.

Comment

Answer the questions then. What have they done that is more impressive and how would they have done if they faced a talent like Manny or Floyd. If Cotto hadn't faced those two guys he would be undefeated with wins over Margarito, Mosley, Judah, Torres, Foreman etc. That's better than anything those four guys have accomplished.

Bernard Hopkins middleweight reign. Bernard Hopkins has NEVER beat a fighter with equal talent of his or a guy that he wasn't much larger than. Cotto on the other hand has beat MANY fighters that were bigger than him and took ton of risks.

Joe Calzaghe smw reign. Another guy that never took any risks and beat very few, even top 15 fighters in his divisions.

The Klitchkos....I don't even need to dive into this. While they fought in one of the worst divisions, Cotto was fighting in arguably the most talented.

Who Alfonzo Gomez? Yuri Foreman? Jennings? Mother****ing Mayorga? The hard hitting Malignaggi? It's so easy to spot the hype over Cotto's resume if you're putting him HOF+ status.

Comment

i already knew you were a racist ignorant bigot because of your posts in the trayvon martin george zimmerman threads but now i also know you dont know **** about boxing.

you're asking me what has bernard hopkins done that is more impressive than what cotto has done?

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Fantastic View Post
            Winning lineal titles and keeping them for years isn't gifted? :lol:

Come find me when Cotto is good enough to win even one.

bu bu but he bloodied floyd's nose you know.

that's a automatic nobel peace price along with first ballot hall of fame considerations.

Comment

Originally posted by DTMB View Post
              If he were to retire right now, is he a bona fide true legit Hall of FAmer worthy to be in the IBHOF?

What are his top 3 wins? Mosley, Judah, Torres or Malignaggi?

Losses to Pacquiao, Mayweather and Margarito.

3 division champion.

37-3.

Does he get in?

Vote and Discuss...
              Of course his is a lock for the HOF, there is really no discussion to be made about it. You would have an easier time debating if the sky is blue or red.

Comment

i already knew you were a racist ignorant bigot because of your posts in the trayvon martin george zimmerman threads but now i also know you dont know **** about boxing.

you're asking me what has bernard hopkins done that is more impressive than what cotto has done?

Yeah, great answer. BTW, I didn't post anything about Trayvon Martin or George Zimmerman. You're thinking of someone else.

Congrats to Bernard Hopkins on beating ANOTHER fighter that he was bigger. He sure loved making a career out of doing that.

Comment

bu bu but he bloodied floyd's nose you know.

that's a automatic nobel peace price along with first ballot hall of fame considerations.
                  Do you know how to read? I already addressed that I give Cotto no credit on giving Floyd a tough fight. I certainly don't discredit him for losing though. It sucks that Bernard Hopkins couldn't ever get in the ring with someone with half of Floyds talent though. He would of got his **** pushed in just like he did against Calzaghe(an equally overrated fighter).

Comment

Yeah, great answer. BTW, I didn't post anything about Trayvon Martin or George Zimmerman. You're thinking of someone else.

Congrats to Bernard Hopkins on beating ANOTHER fighter that he was bigger. He sure loved making a career out of doing that.
                    So you're arguing that miguel cotto is more impressive than bernard hopkins?

& no it was you're racist bigot ignorant arse that i was specifically talking about in that trayvon martin george zimmerman thread.

Comment

Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post
                      Of course his is a lock for the HOF, there is really no discussion to be made about it. You would have an easier time debating if the sky is blue or red.
                      Dude is a dumb fuk, so wouldn't expect anything less. Is Cotto a legitimate hof'er? Does he even realize what that question means? That is asking if he is even in the conversation of being a hof'er, not just a hof'er.

Comment

Working...
                      X