Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Team Cotto: We Proved Mayweather is Not Invincible!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jsfd26 View Post
    Can't argue that Cotto lost that fight but the scorecards WERE ridiculous IMO.
    They were actually spot on. Especially the 2 scores of 117-111. Cotto made Floyd work harder than I have seen him do in awhile. However he only won 3 rounds.

Comment

• Originally posted by SkillspayBills View Post
      They were actually spot on. Especially the 2 scores of 117-111. Cotto made Floyd work harder than I have seen him do in awhile. However he only won 3 rounds.
      A thousand times this!

Comment

• They scored the fight well cotto didn't press well in the later rounds and often gave floyd openings to counter diaz did an awesome job with cotto though but he did lose that fight.

Comment

• Bottom line, Floyd is 43-0 against a very high level of competiton and the only man people realistically think has a chance to beat him is the champion 2 divisions higher than him. Haters can hate all they want but Floyd is one of the best to ever lace'me up. Top 10 of all time right now, Top 5 if he can beat Martinez.

Comment

• Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
            U guys complain about the judges cards but it seems most ppl had it the same way.
            Only people who dont know **** about boxing had it the same way. People who know boxing have it 116 112 or 115 113 for Mayweather.

Comment

• Originally posted by Frank Ducketts View Post
              I thought Cotto would muscle Floyd around more, and land the rougher punches, but Floyd seemed stronger than Cotto, and he landed the harder shots. Floyds inactivity gave Cotto his points.
              It was more of Floyd's welliness to go toe to toe that gave Cotto his points. But when you can beat someone at their own game, thats the true Mark of a champion

Comment

• Originally posted by Tobi.G View Post
                Only people who dont know **** about boxing had it the same way. People who know boxing have it 116 112 or 115 113 for Mayweather.
                No way was it close enough to be 115 to 113. Off the top of the head Rounds 1-4, 7, and 11-12 were CLEARLY Mayweather rounds rather than elect to invite Miguel inside. He decided to box Miguel in all of those rounds. Rounds 6 and 8 I clearly gave to Miguel as he outworked Mayweather with his jab and inside respectfully. Rounds 5. 9. And 10 both guys had moments and even the most generous scores I've seen have only favored Miguel's work in 2 of these.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tobi.G View Post
                  Scorecards were a joke. They looked like fanboy scorecards.

Close rounds should go to the Champion or the fighter pressing the action. Cotto was both.

I had it 115-113, just like Lance Pugmire had it over the LA Times. Just like USA Today.

115-113 Maywather does not bother me.

Close fight. Lot of people are bothered because they underrated Cotto so much and overrated Mayweather even more. They even went so far as talking about Mayweather stronger than Cotto, Mayweather "walking down" Cotto, on and on.

When was the last time Mayweather lost a round by round scoring in a major media outlet?
                  Last edited by Casual_Fan; 05-08-2012, 12:40 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Even Money View Post
                    Before the fight: We're gonna beat mayweather we have the blue print, we cant lose

After the fight: Well uhh....... at least we showed he's NOT invincible.

"We just proved that we can win three rounds from Mayweather!"

Comment

• Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
                      times scored it for floyd.
                      Anyone who scored this fight as a Cotto victory is delusional. No other way to state it.

Comment

Working...
                      X