Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Team Cotto: We Proved Mayweather is Not Invincible!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• there was nothing wrong with the scoring. boxing is a subjectively judged sport. You dont know more about boxing than people who are actually in the trade and get paid to watch and judge fights, get over yourselves.

Comment

• Ho did u prove floyd is not invincible? you lost the fight aswell as every round except MABY 3rds. Good fight, but cotto lost and just proved he has a bit more in the tank then people thought. thats the only thing he proved. Also, Broner in the interview proved he can't speak properely. peace ya'll

Comment

• It's really simple. This fight was between 2 guys who liked and respected each other. There was no real bad intensions in this fight, Floyd never stepped on the gas and didn't even look super quick as usual. On top of that I think jr.middle is not his best weight to fight at but a fight with Manny will be @ 147 and there will a lot of pent up frustration and animosity in that ring. This fight was about strength for Floyd where a fight with Manny will be more about speed and accuracy. Right now Floyd's best fighting weight is 146.

Comment

• Cotto is not just saying the scores were to wide, he is saying he won the fight. The punch count had Floyd landing more punches in 11 of the 12 rounds and they are not on Floyd's pay roll as far as I know. Cotto has an excuse for every loss. Margarito had it right. "Oh that Cotto, how he cries." Every newspaper and boxing writer in the country gave Floyd the fight and I'll bet the Puerto Rico press gave it to Floyd. A fighter's pride is understandable,but Cotto crosses the line to being a crybaby and a poor sportsman in my opinion.

Comment

• Originally posted by FALLENSOLDIER View Post
            Man what the hell are you smoking? First off 1-4 cotto won nothing in those x4 rounds. I gave him x3 rounds and again he could get no more than x4 and that was being generous.....

It was a onesided fight. But cotto did good in that he finished the fight....
            What rounds did you give him?

Comment

• Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
              Cotto is not just saying the scores were to wide, he is saying he won the fight. The punch count had Floyd landing more punches in 11 of the 12 rounds and they are not on Floyd's pay roll as far as I know. Cotto has an excuse for every loss. Margarito had it right. "Oh that Cotto, how he cries." Every newspaper and boxing writer in the country gave Floyd the fight and I'll bet the Puerto Rico press gave it to Floyd. A fighter's pride is understandable,but Cotto crosses the line to being a crybaby and a poor sportsman in my opinion.
              Link to where he says he thought he won?

Comment

• Originally posted by Hallaqsillaq View Post
                He won 3-4 rounds. Judges were biased.

Sorry but no, 2 rounds is way off. Even Compubox wasn't counting some of the decent body work Cotto was putting in.

Look, no one is arguing Floyd is a level above Cotto, but the cards were wack.

At least two of the first four rounds should be in contention, just on activity, agression, and body work from Cotto. To say he only won the two middle rounds is total BS.
                Hahaha....you just said two rounds was way off....it was more like 3. You're arguing just to be arguing at this point.

Comment

• Originally posted by street bully View Post
                  I assume you mean at 147, because bradley is not fit to shine marquez' shoes if you are comparing them just as boxers.
                  Of course I mean at 147. If Bradley were to beat Pacquiao convincingly, I'd be confident he could give Mayweather a good fight.

EDIT: Whereas Marquez is a nightmare style for Pacquiao, but didn't have the physical capability to make up for the advantages Floyd had. Bradley wouldn't have that problem.
                  Last edited by bojangles1987; 05-07-2012, 12:19 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by thoughtsss View Post
                    What rounds did you give him?
                    6 and 8 were the unanimous rounds. Then from there, you could give him 1 or 2 rounds, but those different rounds varied from every scorecard I saw...

Comment

• I knew they were going to give some of those close those rounds were. I had it 116-112. The scores did not show how competitive the fight was. Mayweather pulled away like he always does at the end.

Comment

Working...
                      X