Comments Thread For: Mayweather Goes To War, Defeats Cotto in Twelve

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by commodus View Post
    It's true though
    You wanna know what's true though? May dominated Marquez while Marquez beat Pac.

So don't start with any ****. Props to both fighters, fought a HELL of a fight. Well worth paying for and well Mosley gave it all he had, not much but that's what he had.

Comment

• Originally posted by amayseng View Post
      uh

pac doesnt stand stationary with his gloves up not moving his head taking

shots behind the ear all night with no idea to adjust...

dude you have to compare styles..

pac is a style nightmare for a 35 year old floyd...

pac is faster than floyd

better foot work

throws hellacious combinations,

has more power

throws 1000 punches a fight..

at 35 floyd gets beat 3 ways

3 years ago floyd wins.

pac hasnt done what you describe in his last 2 fights. ( mosley , marquez )

Comment

• God damn why didn't Floyd go for the KO in the 12th. He had Cotto hurt. Should have went for the KO/TKO. 118-110 Mayweather. Could easily see 117-111, maybe 116-112.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cigarillo View Post
          Its the weight. Thats it.

Cotto was strong as an ox. Just bullish like he used to be at 140.

Pac aint fighting Cotto at 154. Pac at 147 will always beat Cottos ass.

It was a great fight.
          So you think at 154 Cotto beats Pac?

Don't think it was the weight more so the styles man. Styles makes fights bro you know that.

Comment

• Originally posted by engleby View Post
            i respect this moreno guys posts he seems to know what hes talkin about. but jesus floyd and cotto both looked like men at the end of there careers, mayweather espceially looked slow for him that is
            they are though really...

Comment

• Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
              118-110 was not bulls**t. There was about 2 rounds where Cotto clearly won.

118-110 if you favored Floyd for what he was doing.
              117-111 is the most reasonable and neutral.
              116-112 if you were really favoring Cotto when he had Floyd on the ropes.

119-109 too wide and 115-113 way way way way too close. I thought the jduges had it spot on, and the fight went the way I thought it would, only one thing aside. Floyd dominated the early rounds, and Cotto had his moments in the middle rounds, and Floyd clearly closed the show in the late rounds. I thought Cotto would start out stronger and have his moments in the early rounds, and Floyd would take control in the middle and late rounds, similar to what Pacquiao did.

That was the only difference. Caotto has his moments early on with Manny, and he had moments in the middle rounds with Floyd.

I was impressed with Floyd tonight and I think Miguel clearly proved he is not "shot" or "done". Mayweather had the same speed and skill that he had in the Mosley and Ortiz fights, and he was sharp as hell with his combo's, and Cotto did all he could. The difference with this fight and the Oscar fight was that the judges had it right this time. Against Oscar, the judges had it way too close.

118-110/117-111. I had it 118-110 live. Cotto won two rounds clearly to me. Even in the closer couple rounds, Floyd controlled much of the pace with his jab and his effective combo punching.

It was a good fight.
              I had it 116-112 for Mayweather, but 117-111 seems to be the consensus score. Cotto fought him like hell, but he was fighting a better boxer.

Comment

• Props to Miguel Cotto. Didn't think he had it in him but was wrong. Good for him. Now in regards to people comparing Pac in the equation you would have to factor in a couple of things.

1. Cotto had one hell of a trainer for this fight with Floyd which he didn't with Pac.

2. The fight was at 154 with Cotto being stronger then he was with Pac at 145.

3. We don't know how Manny would do against this Cotto because he won't fight him at 154.

I'm happy for Cotto. Even though he lost he still won for putting up a great fight.

Comment

• Originally posted by check hook View Post
                  Cotto did a very good job, and personally i could make a case to give him four rounds in that fight. Both of these guys aren't at their best. The Floyd who fought Oscar at 154 would have knocked this Cotto out. Cotto can't take accurate shots right to the chin.....anywhere else and he is ok, but right on the button and 100% clean and he get's rocked quickly. FLOYD is slipping quite a bit, and has been since probably the Hatton fight. There's def alot less juice in those legs of his. Look at the way he moved in the Baldomir fight compared to the last few years. If he could still move the way he did against Baldo at 147 no fighter would stand a chance. As it stands on this performance Manny and Floyd is a very interesting fight!!!!!
                  This may be the dumbest thing Ii have heard. No one can take 100% clean to the chin, on the button. Thats why its called the button. It turns the light out.

Comment

• Originally posted by commodus View Post
                    Floyd's losing his legs IMO busted up nose by cotto? lol
                    No. You didn't think he still used his movement as well as he did with Mosley and Ortiz??? It's stil fresh enough to get out of dodge.

Comment

• Originally posted by Check_hooks View Post
                      floyds defense isn't as good as its made out to be

Cotto busted his nose and gave him bruises and hes black

Cotto landed more on floyd than he did on Pac, real talk
                      Hell no, Pac was way more busted up. Didn't Cotto damage something around his ears?

Comment

Working...
                      X