No announcement yet.

I'm proud of Hopkins!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ИATAS206 View Post
    man STFU with that stuff. this isn't braveheart, this isn't a damn movie. This is a man in a fight, trying to win.
    It's boxing, it's a sport between two athletes. If I want to see a brawl I'll go to a local bar and wait for a fight to break out.

Comment

I saw the replay man in slow motion, his eye wasn't cut before the punch landed.
      I saw it too.

Yes, it was.

Comment

Lets see him fight campillo.Dont be scared bhop

Comment

Originally posted by Boxingtech718v2 View Post
          Hopkins didn't earn any respect if anything he earned more derision for fighting like that. He robbed the crowd and all the HBO subscribers of a clean fight. I would have a lot of respect for him if he would have fought clean and lost by KO but tough to give any respect to a guy who acts like that.
          did you listen to Chad's post fight talk?!?...earning YOUR respect is not important.....his opponent shouted out respect to the oldman....thats all that matters...REALLY!!!

Comment

why you gotta hate man? Hopkins clinched to slow down the pace of the fight, he pulled out all the tricks out the bag to see what he can come up with and in the end, he lost. Not because of lack of effort he did everything his body would allow him to do.

Let me ask you this - if you're in a fight and your fighting a guy who is younger, faster, stronger and has the ability to knock you out, would you hold him when you could? would you try to slow him down? or would you just stand there like an idiot and get ko'd?

That's what I thought.

It's easy for you guys to sit on your couch and say "oh hopkins is a b!tch he holds he does this he does that" we'll, it's not you in the ring now is it?
            Exactly, people bring this BS up after every fight of Hopkins', rinse and repeat over and over and f.uckin' over again. Once again, this man is 47 years old fighting elite world class fighters young enough to literally be his children. And people have to go reaching to constantly degrade this man, let it be, people.

If you go back and watch his early fights he didn't hold much at all, he does it now to keep the pace with these younger guys. It's funny though nearly every fighter who lost to Hopkins post fight are either speechless or give him all the credit in the world. Even Dawson did, although he complained. He still said he's a great fighter and much younger than you think. IF Dawson and every other fighter gives him credit, why the hell even bother? Their words mean a helluva lot more then yours.

Comment

no you cunt, I'm giving him props if you don't want do then don't. that simple comrade.

and no this wasn't the dirtiest fight in years. Mares low blowing dude 500 times, any Luis Lazarte fight, etc.
              What's even dirtier is having the belt given to you after you quit in round 2 of a title fight, not give him an immediate rematch only to have the commission mandate it.

Comment

Originally posted by SekondzOut View Post
                did you listen to Chad's post fight talk?!?...earning YOUR respect is not important.....his opponent shouted out respect to the oldman....thats all that matters...REALLY!!!
                I heard Dawson say that Hopkins is a dirty fighter and headbutted him on purpose like we all saw.

Comment

Not sure why he should get a pass for consistent fouling because he's 47 years old.

Hopkins deserves credit for competing at the top level at 47, he's one of very few to compete at this level into his 40's. But that doesn't mean it's ok to hold ever 5 seconds and foul, literally constantly.

If you can't fight without doing that then retire.

Comment

Originally posted by onechance87 View Post
                    Lets see him fight campillo.Dont be scared bhop
                    I see a rematch vs Jermaine Taylor. ANYONE?!?!

Comment

no you cunt, I'm giving him props if you don't want do then don't. that simple comrade
                      Props for what tho? For being old and not getting KO'd?

You just want people to give him props because he's Hopkins and old. Get off his jock strap. If you even wanna give Hopkins "props" after that piss full "performance" tonight, then dont be surprised when only the hopkins huggers wanna give props.

Cool he's 47 years old and been boxing for a long time. Stop thinking about that and you're left with a dirty fighter who complained about obviously losing

Hopkins gets a pass for all that bullshiiit just because he's 47? GTFO

But then putting people on ignore because the whole forum is destroying Hopkins in the thread is bullshiiit bro, you're above that. Hopkins losing tonight really got you butt hurt
                      Last edited by Russian Crushin; 04-29-2012, 12:08 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X