No announcement yet.

I'm proud of Hopkins!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SekondzOut View Post
    top notch words from a top notch poster!!...respect man!!!

I feel the same Natas....almost shed a man tear watching him walk back to the dressing room ...no secret, he's my alltime fav....he took some and gave some....EARNED the respect of fighter young enough to be his son and good enough to be considered top 5-10 P4P.....thats one badass 47 yr old....the man the legend!!
    Hopkins didn't earn any respect if anything he earned more derision for fighting like that. He robbed the crowd and all the HBO subscribers of a clean fight. I would have a lot of respect for him if he would have fought clean and lost by KO but tough to give any respect to a guy who acts like that.

Comment

Originally posted by AL YANKAB*TCH View Post
      can't respect blatant cheating.. sorry.
      This right here, no respect for blatant cheating from me too.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxingtech718v2 View Post
        Hopkins didn't earn any respect if anything he earned more derision for fighting like that. He robbed the crowd and all the HBO subscribers of a clean fight. I would have a lot of respect for him if he would have fought clean and lost by KO but tough to give any respect to a guy who acts like that.
        lol @ you. no one in their damn right minds thought hopkins was going to fight toe to toe with dawson. he's 47 years old. we all know he fights at a slower pace. If you tuned in thinking anything else you're a damn fool.

and yeah that would have been awesome if he fought for YOUR respect and got ko'd haha that's some of the silliest sht i've heard. It's much more respectful to bow out the game never being ko'd. if he retires he can say that which means a lot to a fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by SekondzOut View Post
          look at his birth certificate...and then do the math...and then understand that the sport of boxing is a young man's sport...ok?...that would be cool if you took certain ish into consideration....when Holmes beat Ali....ah forget it!!...no need for all this!!...enjoy yourself hating...thats what haters do!!...have fun man!!

smh @ the Hopkins haters in a Hopkins appreciation thread...you dudes can take the rest of the night off....go get laid or something!!
          that would require these looney tunes having lives and swagger. all they can do is diss on a boxer of bernards caliber, and that should tell you everything you need to know about them. get laid? lets start with "read a book" or "go to a boxing gym." keep it simple for these fools...

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS206 View Post
            the fact that he won some rounds, went the full 12 rounds, took some hard shots and dished out a few of his own certainly is. you see what you want to see. this boxing, lots of different aspects of the game then simply throw lots of punches.
            Cmon holding fighters to a level where they win a couple rounds and you're proud of it?

You cannot say absolutely anything good about hopkins in this fight

Comment

Originally posted by heat27 View Post
              Lol you mad

And so is cry baby hopkins
              Who says "you mad" anymore? Like, haha seriously. I'm not mad about anything, Dawson won, cool, not a proble. What I do have a problem with though is so-called "hardcore" boxing fans on this site are ludicrously ignorant to this sport, that it's astonishing. "Ohhh noooozz i woontz ta see a KO otha wise thurr bumzzz LOL you madddzzzz lawl". People lack the IQ to conceive that boxing actually has many styles involved in it, and that not all good fighters are pressure fighters or brawlers. "noooz i woooontzz taa see a brawlzz othawisssedd dey suck theyyy notz guuud fighters"

Comment

respect boxing for the way he dedicated his life for the sport but that's where it ends.

he's a dirty fighter who abuses boxing rules to his benefit. The headbutts, the crying, the faking, etc, will not be missed and is a disgrace to the sport. What about sportsmanship B-HOP? What a disgrace for this guy, his team, the sport of boxing and his fans to not give an interview. Basically telling us **** YOU, I'm about myself, and leave the ring with the response "Bad decision." DISGRACE. His whole theme of fighting for legacy is complete and utter BS, he's fighting for money and money only!

Boxing will NOT miss you B HOP. We need more fighters that dedicate themselves to boxing but your actions in and out of the ring are a disgrace to the sport!

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS206 View Post
                  lol @ you. no one in their damn right minds thought hopkins was going to fight toe to toe with dawson. he's 47 years old. we all know he fights at a slower pace. If you tuned in thinking anything else you're a damn fool.

and yeah that would have been awesome if he fought for YOUR respect and got ko'd haha that's some of the silliest sht i've heard. It's much more respectful to bow out the game never being ko'd. if he retires he can say that which means a lot to a fighter.
                  I didn't expect him to go toe to toe. I expected him to box and not tackle, hold, headbutt, attempt to jump on Dawson's back AGAIN, and everything else he did tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
                    Cmon holding fighters to a level where they win a couple rounds and you're proud of it?
                    man you're acting like a serious dumb fuck right now. the mere fact he went 12 rounds, won some rounds at age 47 against Dawson is something to be proud of. If you want to hate go a head and hate don't see why you gotta do it in a thread where I'm giving him props.

You cannot say absolutely anything good about hopkins in this fight
                    the first half of the fight he controlled the pace, landed sharp right hands, his footwork was solid, his reflexes were there and more the most part did everything he was supposed to. In the middle to late rounds chad started taking over and hopkins was slowing down and chad won the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by DoubleMM View Post
                      respect boxing for the way he dedicated his life for the sport but that's where it ends.

he's a dirty fighter who abuses boxing rules to his benefit. The headbutts, the crying, the faking, etc, will not be missed and is a disgrace to the sport. What about sportsmanship B-HOP? What a disgrace for this guy, his team, the sport of boxing and his fans to not give an interview. Basically telling us **** YOU, I'm about myself, and leave the ring with the response "Bad decision." DISGRACE. His whole theme of fighting for legacy is complete and utter BS, he's fighting for money and money only!

Boxing will NOT miss you B HOP. We need more fighters that dedicate themselves to boxing but your actions in and out of the ring are a disgrace to the sport!
                      This is pretty much how i see it

Comment

Working...
                      X