Collapse
No announcement yet.

What does lineal champ mean to you?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To me its pretty much what everybody else has said, you beat the man that beat the man.

Example: Oscar - loses to Mosley- loses to Forrest- loses to Mayorga- loses to Spinks - loses to Judah- loses to Baldomir- loses to Floyd

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
      Margarito actuallly wasn't the #2 at the time, he was #3. Williams was #2 at the time.

But, he'd left for 154. But was still ranked at #2 and intended to return. He of course, didn't.

So, that's where the confusion comes up.

Some people felt it was #1 vs #2 as Williams had a fight signed at 154 when Cotto and Margarito fought.

But, some people don't because Williams was ranked #2 universally at that time.

That's also why is wasn't for The Ring Belt.

So, again the confusion comes up there.

I personally considered that fight for the Lineage, though.
      most ppl do. hence mosley to mayweather. the retirement can be a legit position but that just means that floyd and manny are 1 and 2. for clarity though do you follow ring rankings or boxingscene rankings or somebody elses?

Comment

Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post
        Okay. So you guys think Floyd is the man at 147. That's fine.

I think Floyd is the better fighter anyways. I was just taking into account his retirement but whatever. I have no problem with that either.
        You genuinely have no clue on what the Lineage is, do you?

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
          No it wasn't.

The only way Floyd is considered lineal champ is if you don't take his "retirement" into account. It really has nothing to do with Cotto vs Margarito.
          depends on who u ask. but to me, its clear that cotto vs. margs re established lineage. it was the absolute best fight to be made at 147 by two fighters fighting at 147 and there was no dispute in that regards.

Comment

Originally posted by Mannie Phresh View Post
            most ppl do. hence mosley to mayweather. the retirement can be a legit position but that just means that floyd and manny are 1 and 2. for clarity though do you follow ring rankings or boxingscene rankings or somebody elses?
            Most do but a lot also don't. The Ring being one of them.

I personally usually go by The Ring's rankings.

Comment

Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
              depends on who u ask. but to me, its clear that cotto vs. margs re established lineage. it was the absolute best fight to be made at 147 by two fighters fighting at 147 and there was no dispute in that regards.
              The absolute best fight was Cotto vs Paul Williams.

Then after Margarito beat Cotto, the best fight was Margarito vs Williams II which actually would have been for the lineage.

I dont think Cotto and Margarito should be rewarded with the lineage for ducking Williams.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                You genuinely have no clue on what the Lineage is, do you?

You honestly try to make arguments out of nothing don't you?

"this guy didn't necessarily agree with me or against me. so i gotta make an argument out of it."

Comment

Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
                  But, you could argue that Williams-Cotto was the best fight to be made. After all, Williams did intend to return to 147 after his fight at 154.

Williams beat Margarito and Cotto beat Mosley. Williams was #2 and Cotto was #1.

Margarito was ranked #3. That's a fact.

Whilst, on the other hand, Williams did move to 154 and was outside the WW Division at the time so you could argue that Cotto and Margarito were infact the best 2 active WW's at the time.

Like I said, it's confusing. Hence why there's a split on how the Lineage at WW has progressed.

Comment

This whole welterweight title lineage mess would be easily solved if Mayweather and Pacquiao fight eachother.

Comment

Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post
                      You honestly try to make arguments out of nothing don't you?

"this guy didn't necessarily agree with me or against me. so i gotta make an argument out of it."
                      No, I don't.

I just find it humorous that you clearly have no idea what the Lineage is and how it works.

Your post made that abundantly clear.

Comment

Working...
                      X