What does lineal champ mean to you?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MANIAC310 View Post
    ..didn't the lineage get broken when he retired
    it was immediately re-established when the #1 cotto fought the #2 margarito. margs won, lost to mosely who in turn lost to the lineal champ, floyd.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
      Pacquaio isn't the Lineal Champion nor is Bradley ranked at WW so how does beating Pacquaio make him the Lineal Champion?
      Would you say Pacquiao is the man at 147?

Or you think Floyd is?

Comment

Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
        floyd is lineal at 147. it was established. there is no need for #1 to fight #2
        Even if the Lineage was vacant, Bradley-Pac still obviously wouldn't be for the Lineage.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
          Even if the Lineage was vacant, Bradley-Pac still obviously wouldn't be for the Lineage.
          that is correct. itd be between floyd and pac.

Comment

trout, bundrage, cotto, canelo, molina, lara, kirkland all have about as much claim to the top spot as each other. sure its for different reasons, but i dont see a clear #1 in that division. havent since martinez left.
            idk about kirkland. if you consider him in the mix then sos ishida and angulo.

Comment

Okay. So you guys think Floyd is the man at 147. That's fine.

I think Floyd is the better fighter anyways. I was just taking into account his retirement but whatever. I have no problem with that either.

Comment

The question is rather ambiguous ..what does it mean to YOU.. Or what the words actually mean, or how it's determined.

To the topic....I'm giving one answer. What it means to ME is ...just about nothing. I lost my interest in that sort of thing when I grew up, and also the title belts began proliferating.
                Last edited by edgarg; 03-28-2012, 05:25 PM.

Comment

it was immediately re-established when the #1 cotto fought the #2 margarito. margs won, lost to mosely who in turn lost to the lineal champ, floyd.
                  No it wasn't.

The only way Floyd is considered lineal champ is if you don't take his "retirement" into account. It really has nothing to do with Cotto vs Margarito.

Comment

Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post
                    Would you say Pacquiao is the man at 147?

Or you think Floyd is?
                    Mayweather is the Lineal Champion currently.

But, even if Mayweather was retired, and the Lineage was vacant, Pacquaio still isn't the Lineal Champion.

Being the best fighter in the divsion and being the Lineal Champion are two different things. Even if he had the best resume at WW, he still wouldn't be the Lineal Champion

And, Pacquaio isn't the Lineal Champion. Therefore, beating him doesn't make you the Lineal Champion.

If Pacquaio was #1 and Bradley was universally #2, which he isn't, then it would be for the Lineage and the winner would be Lineal Champion. But of course, that isn't the case.

Comment

Margarito actuallly wasn't the #2 at the time, he was #3. Williams was #2 at the time.

But, he'd left for 154. But was still ranked at #2 and intended to return. He of course, didn't.

So, that's where the confusion comes up.

Some people felt it was #1 vs #2 as Williams had a fight signed at 154 when Cotto and Margarito fought.

But, some people don't because Williams was ranked #2 universally at that time.

That's also why is wasn't for The Ring Belt.

So, again the confusion comes up there.

I personally considered that fight for the Lineage, though.

Comment

Working...
                      X