No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Alexander Hurts, Punishes and Dominates Maidana To Win

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tomasio View Post
    ¿What round did u stop watching the fight? Cause in the last few rounds Alexander was doing more clean punching & less grabbing & actually beat Maidana fare & square.. Maidana didn't & hasn't complained about anything & accepted defeat like the man he is!& note that I'm a Maidana fan & was rooting for Maidana all the way, but gotta give credit when credit is due! & Alexander clearly won!!
    He hugged every round, just did it less in the last two. Maidana didn't accept defeat, he is just humble and doesn't speak much.

Comment

Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
      lol, butthurt d*ckhead.
      No I'm not, you ***get. I speak the truth, Devon is a coward just like you.

Comment

Maidana was exposed last night as an over-hyped fighter, a glorfied B level guy who had a short hot streak against similar overrated guys where he was made to look much better than he actually is -- expect to see Maidana soon on ESPN's Friday Night Fights against the ever popular "last minute replacement"

Comment

Devon won a good fight, he had it all his way from the negotiations. I'm not 100% sold yet. Can he do it outside of St. Louis? Against a real Welterweight? Maidana's lack of skill and a huge hometown advantage leave room for doubt. I, for one, need to see more, but cong**** to Devon for this win.

Comment

Broner looked great,but he is to big for that weightclass imo...He needs to move his azz up and play with the big boys,very interested in his future..

Alexander looked good,but lets be honest Maidana was made to order for him...Great night for him,but for me he has loads more to do before I'm convinced..And by the look on Schaefer's face I doubt he proves it anytime soon...I think this also gives Bradley's resume another shot in the arm as well..

Comment

Originally posted by jrrod02 View Post
              Just watched the fight, and after watching it 2 things are very clear to me.

1. Devon Alexander was correct when he said a few days ago that 140 was weakening him. He looked good, at 147; had great power, and good snap on his punches. Clearly he spend more time on his boxing in training, rather than trying to squeeze down to 140.
              Just goes to show you what a difference a few lbs makes.

2. Marcos Maidana reminds me of Arthur Abraham. He has been figured out, and should be matched only with brawlers. This is a guy who has no boxing skills, only heart, and power. You can't put him in there with guys who move, he'll just end up losing a pts decision. Bring him Lucas, Berto, Ortiz, or Soto.
              Easy to look good on a heavy bag..I'll save my praise for Alexander until he fights a better opponent...But for now good win for him..

Comment

I knew he would win easily but I still don't understand why people rate Maidana so high and why sooooooooooooo many fans thought Maidana would KO Alexander. Now when he made Maidana look foolish many of the same fans who picked Maidana to KO him refuse to give Alexander some credit.

Comment

Eat your words....that is all im saying y'all know I been team alexander from through it all

Comment

Originally posted by VatoMulatto View Post
                    I knew he would win easily but I still don't understand why people rate Maidana so high and why sooooooooooooo many fans thought Maidana would KO Alexander. Now when he made Maidana look foolish many of the same fans who picked Maidana to KO him refuse to give Alexander some credit.
                    Well you can't blame them after the Mathysse/Bradley performances (quitting/and being knocked down to a stale performance). I guess people like Maidana because he brings it regardless of who and where. And i believe he still has the power to cause trouble, he wasn't able to really showcase against Alexander, which tells you that Devon A. did a great job boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
                      i dunno why ppl were suprised. if u knew devon and maidana, u saw this coming from a mile away. like i said earlier today, underestimating one fighter and over estimating another leads to "shock" performances.
                      That is exactly what happened.

Alexander was the favorite for a reason, most boxing guys picked it.

Comment

Working...
                      X