Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Alexander Hurts, Punishes and Dominates Maidana To Win

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i dunno why ppl were suprised. if u knew devon and maidana, u saw this coming from a mile away. like i said earlier today, underestimating one fighter and over estimating another leads to "shock" performances.

Comment

Wow, didn't expect Alexander to put it on Chino like that.

Comment

It's good to see Devon Alexander. He did have a rough year last year. Prior to this fight, he lost 3 fights in a row. Even though only 1 loss was official, he still got spanked by Kotelnik and Mathysse. I'm looking forward to seeing what kind of splash Alexander can make at 147. Judging from this fight, I'd say he'll be making a big splash. There are also many young fighters who he get in there with.

Comment

I have n idea...why don´t all boxers hug all night and make it a wrestling match ¿¿¿ i can´t believe the refs dont deduct points. Maidana was not outclassed he was outhugged by a coward. I will not watch fights that involve africans.

Comment

Originally posted by budfr View Post
            I have n idea...why don´t all boxers hug all night and make it a wrestling match ¿¿¿ i can´t believe the refs dont deduct points. Maidana was not outclassed he was outhugged by a coward. I will not watch fights that involve africans.
            lol, butthurt d*ckhead.

Comment

Originally posted by budfr View Post
              ¿What round did u stop watching the fight? Cause in the last few rounds Alexander was doing more clean punching & less grabbing & actually beat Maidana fare & square.. Maidana didn't & hasn't complained about anything & accepted defeat like the man he is!& note that I'm a Maidana fan & was rooting for Maidana all the way, but gotta give credit when credit is due! & Alexander clearly won!!

Comment

This fight was a combination of a good performance from DA and a lackluster performance from Maidana. DA held way to much at the beginning to middle of the fight and did it to a more tolerable and strategic level towards the end when he started to mix it in with good footwork, angles and punching.

He has lost 3 fights in a row regardless of what the official outcome was but unlike many people I am not ready to jump on the bandwagon.

DA seems to have that Jermaine Taylor problem were he is to jittery and can't seem to relax in a fight which causes unnecessary tension and fatigue.

We'll see how they match him up from here on.

Comment

So much for the killer uh? Still don't know what Maidana's overrated reputation on here is based on.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
                    So much for the killer uh? Still don't know what Maidana's overrated reputation on here is based on.
                    i never got it either...but it had to be the ortiz fight. ppl should have realized that was more ortiz than it was miadana tho.

Comment

Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
                      i never got it either...but it had to be the ortiz fight. ppl should have realized that was more ortiz than it was miadana tho.
                      I like his attitude but he isn't any different from what I have seen over the last 20 years but the way posters on here talk about him and call him names like " A killer" " Warrior" " He just wants to kill his opponents" etc you would think all he does is last one punch and his opponent would lay there dead, For me he hasn't done much since the Ortiz fight, A fight where he was down multiple times himself, seems if you are not drink from the same cup of maidana killer-rade then you aren't a fight fan, For a so call killer what has he done since he got on the scene?
                      Last edited by Ray*; 02-26-2012, 03:41 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X