Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Schaefer on Mayweather's Return, Pacquiao, Shaw, DiBella

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello folks, I have a general boxing question. Can anyone please tell me how many days before a professional fight does a boxer have to take his physical?

Comment

Originally posted by 4CornersKid View Post
      Mayweather does sell more PPV's on a per fight basis, Marquez III was the only time Pac out sold him with a common opponent. But, it should be 50-50. Another issue that people seem to be forgetting now, is that Arum and Manny both still say that's it's May 26th or June 9th, not May 5th. So...if Floyd says yeah 50-50 is okay, the date still isn't and never has been.

It's a f**ked up mess and BOTH fighters went back on their word.

Floyd said everything was all good but the drug testing, NOT TRUE. Manny sadi he'd take less money than Floyd just to make the sure the fight definitely happens, NOT TRUE.

They better fight in 2012, or I will lose interest.
      to be honest iv already lost a bit of interest in this fight. pac hasnt looked as good in his last couple of fights.

the date, i dont see any reason why they cant fight may 5th. apart from arums bullcrap about stadiums and extra money. i fcukin hate that guy. you know straight after pac vs marquez 3, first thing arum said in his interview is pac marquez 4 will surpass all monetary records. thats all he ever thinks about. fcukin money.

but like iv said before, i will not buy any top rank, mayweather or pacquiao fights until they fight each other. its been 3 fcukin years.

Comment

The IRS and Forbes magazine said Manny made 61 million his last two fights in 2011... Do you dumb clowns think that the IRS and Forbes is lying to help Manny??? Forbes is a widely respected publication and the IRS is the man... There is no going around them... Pac and Floyd both get about the same percentage points, it's been standard rates for the superstars the last 30 years. Floyd is not Jesus!!! That's why Golden Boy co promotes his fights and guess what they don't do it for free... Every boxer is their own boss and hire trainers, managers, and promoters... So all this talk about own boss is just BS!!! Golden Boy is Floyd's promoter and Top Rank is Manny's... Floyd does one thing better than Manny and disrespect and that's under pay fighters... Manny and Floyd both had the same guaranteed purses vs. Mosley but Mosley got a little more with Pac... At the end of the day who cares about another man's money???? Like, Don King said "Counting another man's money is a disease..." 50/50 split... End of story if either fighter says no to that, they don't really want to fight... BTW, Schafer and Arum have one thing in common, they are both full of ****!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by k1llu View Post
          Pacquiao needs be more independent and stop letting arum control everything to do with who he fights. i can understand if he was making that much more money but he's not.
          Does arum control what floyd is asking to prevent the fight? Floyd is the one with the road block...and if there is a 4 man tourny, im all for it...better that than all the drama that floyd brings

Comment

Originally posted by indystress View Post
            Does arum control what floyd is asking to prevent the fight? Floyd is the one with the road block...and if there is a 4 man tourny, im all for it...better that than all the drama that floyd brings
            No, but he does control all that things that he and Pac says to prevent the fight. Which is a lot of things. I mean, first he said Pacquiao's cut will prevent them from fighting on May 5th. Then when he realized that nobody was buying the fact that it takes a cut 6 months to heal, he then turned the date into an issue saying they can make more money fighting at the end of May in a temp stadium to maximize profit. And then he goes to say that he wants the fight to be in June 9th when Mayweather is in jail (This point right here convince a any normal person Arum doesn't want the fight. I mean come on. When Mayweather is in jail???). Then he just abandoned everything and came up with this tournament idea.

Comment

So I guess Lou is the most annoying promotor to lose too.

Comment

one thing is sure about mayweather now. he can't back down on his may 5th commitment. otherwise, another avalanche of hate will come his way. floyd is a part-time boxer. he doesn't have the energy to promote another non-pac fight and retire without the pac fight hanging over his head, or the ordeal of having to answer questions about pac. it will always be there. he knows it.

clearly, he wants pac, then retire. the ball is entirely on his court. he can either submit to pac's terms or insist on his arrogant self, fight other figther on may 5th and retire. it's entirely up to him.

this fight happening on may 5th is still 50/50.

Comment

Originally posted by pacfan View Post
                  one thing is sure about mayweather now. he can't back down on his may 5th commitment. otherwise, another avalanche of hate will come his way. floyd is a part-time boxer. he doesn't have the energy to promote another non-pac fight and retire without the pac fight hanging over his head, or the ordeal of having to answer questions about pac. it will always be there. he knows it.

clearly, he wants pac, then retire. the ball is entirely on his court. he can either submit to pac's terms or insist on his arrogant self, fight other figther on may 5th and retire. it's entirely up to him.

this fight happening on may 5th is still 50/50.

I have a feeling youre just trolling. I refuse to believe youre a total ******.

Comment

Originally posted by eddoes View Post
                    I have a feeling youre just trolling. I refuse to believe youre a total ******.
                    you're clearly a floyd dickrider for so long but you still don't have a clue what kind of man your idol is. tell him to fight alvarez or cotto on may 5th, cinco de mayo. he doesn't have to fight pac if he doesn't want to. right, homie?

like you say he's a cash cow. he doesn't need pac.

Comment

Originally posted by pacfan View Post
                      one thing is sure about mayweather now. he can't back down on his may 5th commitment. otherwise, another avalanche of hate will come his way.
                      mayweather doesnt back down from nobody,especially a sorriest ass one dimensional fighter that can't beat marquez.

Comment

Working...
                      X