No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Schaefer on Mayweather's Return, Pacquiao, Shaw, DiBella

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sugar Q View Post
    The question is: Why isn't anyone outraged by Arum's counter offer of 45 million? People are so full of **** it's ridiculous. I'm a real boxing fan so I remember how much being undefeated meant. Marciano went down in history because he retired undefeated even though he fought most guy on their way out like Calzaghe did but here you have Floyd is a true 5 division champion who has beaten every top fighter put in front of him that would fight him and people try to belittle his perfect record. I don't know a fighter in history that would not like to retire with a perfect record, they may say they learned from a loss but they had no choice and would have much rather won than loss. I'll take 42-0 over 54-3-2 (52-5-2 to a real boxing fan) any day of the week. Floyd brings the intrigued to this fight cause a Manny loss wouldn't surprise anyone especially since we just saw Manny lose. Too bad Shaefer is right cause Arum and Pac do not wanna face Floyd.
    so its ok for pac to take 40, but its not ok for floyd to take 45? riiiiiiiiiiiight.

Comment

Originally posted by pacfan View Post
      i hope i'm wrong. i want to see him fight one of these guys before taking on pac.

alvarez vs mayweather, may 5th, cinco de mayo.

i'm okay with cotto, too.

what do you think, brah?

I don't know about Cotto I think Alvarez will be the selection. Cotto would be a good choice financially but it would be his last fight also.

Comment

Originally posted by pacfan View Post
        i hope i'm wrong. i want to see him fight one of these guys before taking on pac.

alvarez vs mayweather, may 5th, cinco de mayo.

i'm okay with cotto, too.

what do you think, brah?

If there's no Mayweather-Pacquiao in May, than I hope it's Pacquiao-Bradley in June, as well as Mayweather-Cotto at 154. Floyd needs to get Cotto, while he's still good, on his resume. Manny gets more credit for beating Cotto, because he did it first, but Floyd still gets his due. Same thing with Hatton, only vice-versa obviously.

Mayweather-Alvarez is too soon. Let Alvarez beat someone like Kirkland, Cotto, or Lara first before he gets a fight with Mayweather. I'd rather see Floyd fighting Alvarez in 2013, in one of his last couple fights.

Comment

Filth!!...Nothing less!!

Comment

Originally posted by shade darkar View Post
            so its ok for pac to take 40, but its not ok for floyd to take 45? riiiiiiiiiiiight.

Based on Pac's legal purses being no more than 7.4 mill yes!!!! Do you see a man that gives Pac such a low purse tripling the purse to make up in the end? If there wasn't some BS going on why not write Manny's 20 dollar purse up in the first place like it's done with other fighters? Floyd's contracted purses are written up then he makes additional money from the PPV which puts him well over the 40 million dollar mark per fight now why would he take a mere 45 million cut when he's made more than that in financially the biggest fight in boxing history. Makes sense for Manny (@7.4 mill tops) but not for Floyd don't you think?

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Q View Post
              Based on Pac's legal purses being no more than 7.4 mill yes!!!! Do you see a man that gives Pac such a low purse tripling the purse to make up in the end? If there wasn't some BS going on why not write Manny's 20 dollar purse up in the first place like it's done with other fighters? Floyd's contracted purses are written up then he makes additional money from the PPV which puts him over the 40 million dollar plus mark per fight now why would he take a mere 45 million cut when he's made more than that in financially the biggest fight in boxing history. Makes sense for Manny (@7.4 mill tops) but not for Floyd don't you think?
              do you really believe pc only made 7 mil in his last fight?

Comment

7.4 million was his largest guarantee, where as Floyd's largest guarantee was 25 million, against Ortiz. So, given that Pac made in the ballpark of 8 million probably for Marquez, what do you think he made in total after the PPV and fight revenue??? Probably no more than 20 million or so, at the very most. Pac has to give a % to Arum, and the money is spread out thin.

Floyd made 25 million guaranteed against Ortiz, and with the PPV and fight revenue, he made over 40 million.

Comment

I don't think he made more than 10-12 million. I am positive Arum makes more than Manny per fight, then you factor in the Golden Boy percentage, Roach's cut, Koncz cut, Ariza's cut and Manny is pretty much living fight to fight which explains the advances he needs.

Comment

Originally posted by 4CornersKid View Post
                    7.4 million was his largest guarantee, where as Floyd's largest guarantee was 25 million, against Ortiz. So, given that Pac made in the ballpark of 8 million probably for Marquez, what do you think he made in total after the PPV and fight revenue??? Probably no more than 20 million or so, at the very most. Pac has to give a % to Arum, and the money is spread out thin.

Floyd made 25 million guaranteed against Ortiz, and with the PPV and fight revenue, he made over 40 million.
                    i heard pacs guarentee was 20 odd mil for marquez. marquez got a 5 mil guarentee. so if marquez is getting 5, i dont think pac qill be getting as low as 8.

either way, didnt they both already agree on 50/50 before?

they both bring in similar PPV numbers.

Comment

i heard pacs guarentee was 20 odd mil for marquez. marquez got a 5 mil guarentee. so if marquez is getting 5, i dont think pac qill be getting as low as 8.

either way, didnt they both already agree on 50/50 before?

they both bring in similar PPV numbers.
                      Mayweather does sell more PPV's on a per fight basis, Marquez III was the only time Pac out sold him with a common opponent. But, it should be 50-50. Another issue that people seem to be forgetting now, is that Arum and Manny both still say that's it's May 26th or June 9th, not May 5th. So...if Floyd says yeah 50-50 is okay, the date still isn't and never has been.

It's a f**ked up mess and BOTH fighters went back on their word.

Floyd said everything was all good but the drug testing, NOT TRUE. Manny sadi he'd take less money than Floyd just to make the sure the fight definitely happens, NOT TRUE.

They better fight in 2012, or I will lose interest.

Comment

Working...
                      X