Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Schaefer on Mayweather's Return, Pacquiao, Shaw, DiBella

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd prefer that this fight happens in November. I want to see PBF fight twice this year -- May 5th and November. I'm very sure Pac will be PBF's last fight. He'll swim in a pool of money after that. Which means retirement.

Comment

Originally posted by Deevel916 View Post
      We have to look it at both ways, lets say both Arum and Pac were on board to make this May 5th fight a reality. What makes you think they would have accepted Floyd's ridiculous offer of a flat fee with no ppv upside for Pac?

Now i'll admit that Arum is a scumbag who's trying to milk Pac for all he's worth, but at the same time, it doesnt look as if Floyd's eager to make this fight either with ridiculous offers like that.
      Its almost like people have never heard of the term "negotiation" before. This is what happens in any contract negotiation for any sport on the planet. Players want the most money possible and owners want to give the least amount of money possible, and they usually find common ground.

All Floyd is doing is taking advantage of something that Pacquiao foolishly said, which was that he would take lesser money to fight Mayweather.

Where I would fault Mayweather is if he actually refuses to accept a 50/50 split, considering he accepted the 50/50 fairly quickly in the last negotiations. We have no way of knowing what would happen in actual negotiations because they aren't negotiating. Everything is being said through the media.

Comment

talking about sneaky guys , mr. schaefer look into the mirror .

Comment

Originally posted by jcpryor View Post
          Its almost like people have never heard of the term "negotiation" before. This is what happens in any contract negotiation for any sport on the planet. Players want the most money possible and owners want to give the least amount of money possible, and they usually find common ground.

All Floyd is doing is taking advantage of something that Pacquiao foolishly said, which was that he would take lesser money to fight Mayweather.

Where I would fault Mayweather is if he actually refuses to accept a 50/50 split, considering he accepted the 50/50 fairly quickly in the last negotiations. We have no way of knowing what would happen in actual negotiations because they aren't negotiating. Everything is being said through the media.
          That's the problem. He's already accepted 50/50 and now turns around and pulls this stunt. Offering Pac $40mil with no ppv upside in a fight that's expected to pull in over $200mil is not what I would consider "negotiating". Sounds more like playing games to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Deevel916 View Post
            That's the problem. He's already accepted 50/50 and now turns around and pulls this stunt. Offering Pac $40mil with no ppv upside in a fight that's expected to pull in over $200mil is not what I would consider "negotiating". Sounds more like playing games to me.
            I think he's using the 50/50 split as leverage to get the May 5th date. however, after all this back and forth I don't think any of them give a sh-t about us.

Comment

Originally posted by JoeMan View Post
              I'd prefer that this fight happens in November. I want to see PBF fight twice this year -- May 5th and November. I'm very sure Pac will be PBF's last fight. He'll swim in a pool of money after that. Which means retirement.
              that's the thing. pbf will only fight one fight this year, then retires. fighting cotto, alvarez, martinez will be too much stake for him. so he'll eventually buckle down, accept 50/50, plus whatever arum adds on the table. he's not in a position to dictate the terms.

Comment

The question is: Why isn't anyone outraged by Arum's counter offer of 45 million? People are so full of **** it's ridiculous. I'm a real boxing fan so I remember how much being undefeated meant. Marciano went down in history because he retired undefeated even though he fought most guy on their way out like Calzaghe did but here you have Floyd is a true 5 division champion who has beaten every top fighter put in front of him that would fight him and people try to belittle his perfect record. I don't know a fighter in history that would not like to retire with a perfect record, they may say they learned from a loss but they had no choice and would have much rather won than loss. I'll take 42-0 over 54-3-2 (52-5-2 to a real boxing fan) any day of the week. Floyd brings the intrigued to this fight cause a Manny loss wouldn't surprise anyone especially since we just saw Manny lose. Too bad Shaefer is right cause Arum and Pac do not wanna face Floyd.

Comment

Originally posted by pacfan View Post
                  that's the thing. pbf will only fight one fight this year, then retires. fighting cotto, alvarez, martinez will be too much stake for him. so he'll eventually buckle down, accept 50/50, plus whatever arum adds on the table. he's not in a position to dictate the terms.

That's old, tired, dead and untrue dude, try to come up with another one.

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Q View Post
                    That's old, tired, dead and untrue dude, try to come up with another one.
                    i hope i'm wrong. i want to see him fight one of these guys before taking on pac.

alvarez vs mayweather, may 5th, cinco de mayo.

i'm okay with cotto, too.

what do you think, brah?

Comment

2012 or bust. If it's in 2013, I really won't care all that much if it happens. Floyd will be 36 and Manny will be 34 in 13'.

They may still be really good, but 2012 is the year. It would have been mega huge in 2010, and still really huge in 2011-2012. But, in 2013, who knows what will happen.

Comment

Working...
                      X