Comments Thread For: Schaefer on Mayweather's Return, Pacquiao, Shaw, DiBella

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by k1llu View Post
    Jada Stevens
    That's an interesting name. Not often seen I think. It may come from the old dixieland tune called "Jada" which came out around the end of WW1.

Comment

Originally posted by Deevel916 View Post
      We have to look it at both ways, lets say both Arum and Pac were on board to make this May 5th fight a reality. What makes you think they would have accepted Floyd's ridiculous offer of a flat fee with no ppv upside for Pac?

Now i'll admit that Arum is a scumbag who's trying to milk Pac for all he's worth, but at the same time, it doesnt look as if Floyd's eager to make this fight either with ridiculous offers like that.
      I agree with this totally.

Comment

Why are they blaming Arum & Pacman?

In the past, Mayweather jr., said “If you wanna fight TAKE THE TEST”;

and when Pacman agreed, he said “I don’t need Pacman”;

then change his mind, and called Pacman in the phone, and when Pacman said “50-50” ;

he didn’t agree, and offered 40M flat fee!

Come on guys, stop blaming each other;
        let that “50-50” equal sharing be agreed upon,
        Pacman a Non-American, has already proven his PPV star status inside USA.

and let the fight goes on…Give the Boxing Fans a fair shake!
        Last edited by Rolaz; 01-29-2012, 01:55 AM. Reason: ADDL INFO

Comment

Originally posted by Rolaz View Post
          Why are they blaming Arum & Pacman?

In the past, Mayweather jr., said “If you wanna fight TAKE THE TEST”;

and when Pacman agreed, he said “I don’t need Pacman”;

then change his mind, and called Pacman in the phone, and when Pacman said “50-50” ;

he didn’t agree, and offered 40M flat fee!

Come on guys, stop blaming each other;
          let that “50-50” equal sharing be agreed upon,
          Pacman a Non-American, has already proven his PPV star status inside USA.

and let the fight goes on…Give the Boxing Fans a fair shake!
          Arum said 5050 is out of the question.....that's not Floyd's fault...

Pac had a 5050 split in 09 but he wanted no parts of Mayweather and he still doesn't.

Comment

A few things stand out. Schaefer is desperate to promote Floyd and will blow as much wind up his arse as required to enable this. Also, Schaefer doesn't sound like he's very popular with any other promoters...

Comment

Schaefer is right this fight would not happen, and its all schaefer and team mayweather's fault. Yes, you have laid down all your agenda and sticked to it and living pac a no option... lol

Comment

Originally posted by benjiepete View Post
                Schaefer is right this fight would not happen, and its all schaefer and team mayweather's fault. Yes, you have laid down all your agenda and sticked to it and living pac a no option... lol

Comment

Originally posted by pacfan View Post
                  dude, most pac fans wanted pacman to agree to the test and wanted to see the fight. check my older posts repeatedly indicating that pac's biggest mistake was not calling your idol's bluffs from the very beginning. your queen would have been exposed early.

then you *****s kept incantating he won't take the test. for two years you kept repeating the same crap. he did agree to the test eventually. instead of taking it as good news, you took it as bad news as if the world went crashing down. i would have expected *****s dancing in the streets. same silly arguments went on and on and on making yourselves look like stupid clowns.

man if i were a ***** and keep claiming pac is an easy fight, he's amateurish, he's one dimensional, floyd will humiliate him in the ring, etc., i wouldn't even entertain any of these stupid roadblocks. i would focus on making the fight happen to see pac's humiliation in the ring.

just admit you never wanted to see the fight. *****s are just like wrestlemania fans who are more into silly mind/blame games, scripted drama and fake fights.

Once again I'm a boxing fan and Floyd just so happens to be the best in the game by far so I'm no more a fan of his than I was of Ali, Leonard, Hearns, Hagler, Duran, Tyson, etc. Floyd did the ultimate call out. In all my years of being a fight fan I've never heard of anyone being called out like he did to Manny. No real fighter takes that, he's in Manny's head right now cause Manny's not use to this. This is part of what Arum was afraid of. It's beyond mind games when your booking arenas, trying to corner someone and calling them personally. Floyd is not some slick talking punk like Khan, he's an undefeated phenom like it or not and he really thinks Manny is no match for him!!! Now does that mean just sign the fight and disregard his business advantages? Hell no, he would be a fool to do that.

Comment

I've hammered Pacroid for the last 2+ years. I've called him and ******* Nation every name in the book. I continue to believe that Pacroid is not match for Floyd.

That being said, we have all been taken for a ride. Either these two guys don't want to fight each other or they know that they both have to pad their pockets as much as they can before the inevitable happens...old age and retirement.

Sports today is more about business than any other time period in history. Both Floyd and Pac know that the well will eventually dry up. And both these guys are holding ace cards.

So as much talk about a possible May 5th fight there is, it ain't happening. Basically Arum, Pac, Floyd, GBP and whoever else in involved are telling us boxing fans, "PLEASE FOLKS, ONE MORE FIGHT BEFORE THE BIG ONE. WE CAN SQUEEZE IN ONE MORE, PLEASE."

And I stop blaming Pacroid and Floyd and started looking in the mirror. Shame on me for supporting the circus.

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
                      BoxingScene.com spoke to Richard Schaefer, CEO for Golden Boy Promotions, to get an update on the scheduled May 5th return of WBC welterweight champion Floyd Mayweather Jr. Additionally; we discuss the likelihood that Mayweather and Manny Pacquio are not going to fight in 2012, and the ongoing issue of promoters not cooperating due to personal vendettas.

[Click Here To Read More]
                      Pac is Arums whore....

Comment

Working...
                      X