Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can anyone explain to me where the judge said stooge has to fight on 5th May?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If there was a date and a venue reserved, and the judge postponed his 87 day sentence for him to fulfill this obligation, wouldn't it be in good sense to stick to that? The guys who post threads similar to this one, are the guys who dislike Floyd and nothing short of Floyd doing EVERYTHING the Pacquiao camp wants him to do, would suffice. Just ignore the judge's favor in order to satisfy Bob Arum and what they have in mind. If Floyd were to move the date, there would be something else that would hinder the fight. They're just mad because they wanted 5-5 at the MGM and Floyd housed it from them. Why wouldn't the MGM give Floyd the date? He makes them more money than Manny does.

Comment

Why can't mayweather get it postponed again saying the fight can only be made whenever and that it will help the economy? Maybe it is.

Anyway anyone know how to access what the judge said?

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
        RE: Point 2. Reserving a date was always going to do the exact opposite and Team Mayweather knew that. If Arum had said "we're fighting on date x at venue y", would Mayweather have conceded to it?

Arum did that whole countdown thing and that was just to begin negotiations. And Mayweather didn't adhere to it.
        The thing is Bob Arum was not gonna do that because they dont want the fight. Team Mayweather has tried it Top Ranks way for the last 2 years and where has that gotten us, yeah thats right no where! Now Mayweather has done it his way and look where we are,yeah thats right, closer to the fight than ever. TR has been backed into a corner by Team Mayweather smart tactics. Stop complaining bro and get on board for the fight on MAY 5 , unless ur afraid for SUPER Manny Pacquiao!

Comment

Originally posted by ChristianBale View Post
          Why can't mayweather get it postponed again saying the fight can only be made whenever and that it will help the economy? Maybe it is.

Floyd's attorney issued a statement just yesterday. Check the front page.

Comment

Originally posted by ChristianBale View Post

Give me one good reason to postpone the fight! Just one is all im asking!
            Last edited by SWEETSCIENCE100; 01-19-2012, 01:49 PM.

Comment

the ****riding continues. not one ***** is intereted in answering a perfectly legitimate question. all they want is to cuddle their idol. man, why don't you just recommend fighting other boxers for floyd and forget about this pacquiao fight. go for martinez or something. if martinez is too much for your idol, get another one that's non-threatening. it's so clear to me that *****s are just interested in ****** mind games. relinquishing control seems too much to stomach for them, which is ironic, if you really think floyd is the superior boxer. i'd probably give up any ****** demand just to make this fight happen. i'd be more interested in seeing pac get humiliated in the ring. it's so clear that these clowns are more interested in silly little things outside the ring.

Comment

*Puts on Devil's Advocate cap*

What kind of obligation does Floyd really have for May 5th though? It's one thing "reserving" the date and it's also another thing if May 12th, 19th, and 26th are already reserved. But even with that being said, if MGM got word the fight was happening, but it would have to be either of the other Sat dates in May except May 5th, I have a tough time believing MGM wouldn't do what they had to do to host the fight in their venue considering no other event (minus maybe a live Gang**** starring Jessica Biel) would ***** Mayweather vs Pacquiao. Also, if Floyd's attorney went to the judge about postponing the sentence giving him a May 5th "obligated" date, I also have a tough time believing the judge would just throw Floyd directly into jail if the fight happens 1-2 weeks after May 5th being he's not going in until June 1st anyway. How many people do you know that get a pardon of 4 months before they go to jail because of an "obligation"?

But one thing I'll ask is, if the roles were reversed and Pac set a date to fight, nobody thinks Floyd's rebuttal would be "I dictate when I wanna fight!!!"? Seems exactly something Floyd would say, and the Pac fans would eat it up similar to how Floyd fans are doing now with Pacquiao.

But again guys, until we see some type of finality or closure to this 3 year long soap opera, anything but a press conference and or a contract signing is simply...

and besides...in May....

40 days 40 nights!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Convicted_Felon View Post
                  If there was a date and a venue reserved, and the judge postponed his 87 day sentence for him to fulfill this obligation, wouldn't it be in good sense to stick to that? The guys who post threads similar to this one, are the guys who dislike Floyd and nothing short of Floyd doing EVERYTHING the Pacquiao camp wants him to do, would suffice. Just ignore the judge's favor in order to satisfy Bob Arum and what they have in mind. If Floyd were to move the date, there would be something else that would hinder the fight. They're just mad because they wanted 5-5 at the MGM and Floyd housed it from them. Why wouldn't the MGM give Floyd the date? He makes them more money than Manny does.
                  Real Talk! 100% agreed!

Comment

Originally posted by pacfan View Post
                    the ****riding continues. not one ***** is intereted in answering a perfectly legitimate question. all they want is to cuddle their idol. man, why don't you just recommend fighting other boxers for floyd and forget about this pacquiao fight. go for martinez or something. if martinez is too much for your idol, get another one that's non-threatening. it's so clear to me that *****s are just interested in ****** mind games. relinquishing control seems too much to stomach for them, which is ironic, if you really think floyd is the superior boxer. i'd probably give up any ****** demand just to make this fight happen. i'd be more interested in seeing pac get humiliated in the ring. it's so clear that these clowns are more interested in silly little things outside the ring.

MAy 5th is available. Manny hasn't said anything yet. Its ok, the real manny would take this fight in a minute. The fake ODH image, singing-ass nice guy has to let Bob control him. I hope he doesn't act this way in congress.

Comment

• Originally posted by Convicted_Felon View Post
                      WHich he did BEFORE the outcome of Manny JMM 3. Brilliant move.

Comment

Working...
                      X