Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can anyone explain to me where the judge said stooge has to fight on 5th May?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FeFist View Post
    Is there a problem with May 5th? It's a big day for boxing and Arum claimed he would be ''married to the date if it was Marquez''. Is there a problem with the MGM arena? No.

It's beyond ludicrous to suggest that it shows a lack of real intention on Mayweather's part.
    I think its ludicrous to set a time and date before you've even begun negotiating this fight and it shows a lack of real intention. Its like the drug testing thing. Its all about egos. They know Arum/Pacquiao arent going to be dictated to like Ortiz or Mosley.

Just like Mayweather wasnt going to be dictated to when Arum had that whole countdown thing....

Fight is never happening.

Comment

Originally posted by hoya4prez View Post
      The judge is saying the date was switched because he had duties to Las Vegas (Ie, fight May 5th and create millions in revenue, and not in another state due to his fight duties as a resident of Vegas)

This venue had been reserved for quite some time now.

Arum said no, and is planning an outdoor stadium for June 9th.

Floyd goes to jail June 1st.

Whats so difficult to understand?

What I want is the statement of the judge. I don't know if this is possible though.

Obviously he can't fight in June.

Comment

Floyd has played the media better of the two this time around. That's what I've deciphered from this whole scenario.

Comment

Basically, we got to watch mayweather In court live. I want to know if anyone has a video of the court case that talked about the date.

Or if there is anything written.

I don't want to hear your opinion or what is hear say.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
            I think its ludicrous to set a time and date before you've even begun negotiating this fight and it shows a lack of real intention. Its like the drug testing thing. Its all about egos. They know Arum/Pacquiao arent going to be dictated to like Ortiz or Mosley.

Just like Mayweather wasnt going to be dictated to when Arum had that whole countdown thing....

BINGO! Someone who's gone beneath the surface and see's the real picture.
            Last edited by tailchaser001; 01-19-2012, 12:43 PM.

Comment

Manny's cut wouldn't heal by May 5th, lets leave it at that instead of trolling and recycling.

Comment

#1 Team MAYWEATHER Picked that date because its the biggest fight date of the year, most worthy for a fight of this magnitude.

#2 Team MAYWEATHER, knew that Bob and Pac always have excuse, reserving the date would back them in a corner and expose them for the cowards and cherry pickers that they are. Great business move by Team Mayweather. Always one step ahead of the competion.

#3 Mayweather was suppose to be in jail,right? He had his lawyer pitched a story to the Judge about the state of the economy, and the Money that would be lost, if he was not able to meet his obligation on May 5. Not to mention all the influential big wiggs that are intrested in the profits off the fight , like the Mayor,Governor,Mobb, etc etc. If they change the date its like a slap in the judges face and it makes her and the law look like a joke. Whats so hard to understand about that. *******s are the dumbest fans on earth!LOL

Instead of *****ing about a later date, why not get behind the man thats pushing for a fight thats sooner rather than later. More time mean s more excuses, lets get it on in May, stop talking about what you gonna do and do it. Mayweather has put all the cards on the table, and hes holding a full deck, all Pac can do is fight or run. This bull**** about a cut,new venue,more money,afraid of needles etc etc needs to stop. If your a fan of boxing you'll support the fight on MAY 5, END OF STORY!
                Last edited by SWEETSCIENCE100; 01-19-2012, 12:50 PM.

Comment

Floyd has played the media better of the two this time around. That's what I've deciphered from this whole scenario.
                  http://www.espn.co.uk/boxing/sport/story/124063.html

Don't be a coward. There is Pacquiao saying that he was almost close to agreeing to terms for a May 5th fight with Mayweather. If the date was cool then why not now?

Comment

Originally posted by SWEETSCIENCE100 View Post
                    #1 Team MAYWEATHER Picked that date because its the biggest fight date of the year, most worthy for a fight of this magnitude.

#2 Team MAYWEATHER, knew that Bob and Pac always have excuse, reserving the date would back them in a corner and expose them for the cowards and cherry pickers that they are. Great business move by Team Mayweather. Always one step ahead of the competion.

#3 Mayweather was suppose to be in jail,right? He had his lawyer pitched a story to the Judge about the state of the economy, and the Money that would be lost, if he was not able to meet his obligation on May 5. Not to mention all the influential big wiggs that are intrested in the profits off the fight , like the Mayor,Governor,Mobb, etc etc. If they change the date its like a slap in the judges face and it makes her and the law look like a joke. Whats so hard to understand about that. *******s are the dumbest fans on earth!LOL
                    RE: Point 2. Reserving a date was always going to do the exact opposite and Team Mayweather knew that. If Arum had said "we're fighting on date x at venue y", would Mayweather have conceded to it?

Arum did that whole countdown thing and that was just to begin negotiations. And Mayweather didn't adhere to it.

Comment

Dirk:

If this was a random day I'd see your point. But this is the biggest boxing weekend of the year usually. Locking it down is no problem.

Comment

Working...
                      X