No announcement yet.

Vitaly and steroids

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Simurgh View Post
    Some do, but most are biased beyond the objectivity.

You won't make a thread about Holyfield and steroids if you know what I mean.
    I wouldn't make a thread about Holyfield? Why not, I've made threads about Hopkins and Jones and there is far less extenuating circumstances for Hopkins than for Holy.

Comment

• he is a doctor in sports medicine & if anyone could screen a test it would be him...there are so many athletes cheating that nothing surprises me. botha & toney were always chunky & they used. so who knows?

Comment

• Originally posted by joe strong View Post
        he is a doctor in sports medicine & if anyone could screen a test it would be him...there are so many athletes cheating that nothing surprises me. botha & toney were always chunky & they used. so who knows?
        He has a doctorate in Sports Science, not Sports Medicine... his thesis was on Talent and Sponsorship in Sports, nothing to do with medicine/drugs at all

Comment

• if he takes a big long year off (no testing) after looking pretty crappy v chisora and a meaningless fight v charr and then looks great again ... major HMMMMMMM

Comment

• Originally posted by techliam View Post
            If you disregard the legitimacy of the German testing boards. I'd accuse US fighters to be at a higher risk of PEDs since their testing boards are known to be lax in places, and have doubt surrounding them. The fact Vitali was caught in the first place is testament to that
            Except he wasnt caught by a German boxing commission .

Comment

• Originally posted by techliam View Post
              He has a doctorate in Sports Science, not Sports Medicine... his thesis was on Talent and Sponsorship in Sports, nothing to do with medicine/drugs at all
              thank you for clearing that up. always thought he & his brother were sports medicine grads...

Comment

• You can really play this game with every possible fighter.

Tell me one fighter for which you can say there is no chance he uses/used something illegal...

Comment

• Originally posted by Simurgh View Post
                  You can really play this game with every possible fighter.

Tell me one fighter for which you can say there is no chance he uses/used something illegal...
                  i wouldn't be surprised if there are more using then not using...there are steroids for everything.

Comment

• Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
                    Except he wasnt caught by a German boxing commission .
                    This is fair enough.

Here's an article from 2004 which is pretty interesting:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/oth...oid-abuse.html
                    Last edited by techliam; 03-09-2013, 02:32 PM. Reason: wrong date

Comment

• Originally posted by Own3d View Post
                      He was scheduled to fight on Lewis's undercard, so no.
                      Originally posted by joe strong View Post
                      he was on the undercard & was training to fight cedric boswell. the main event was lennox vs kirk johnson. johnson tore his pec & lennox just gave vitali a shot instead of cancelling the event.
                      Thanks for clearing that up.

Comment

Working...
                      X