No announcement yet.

Vitaly and steroids

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fact 1 - Vitali is a proven cheat
    Fact 2 - After 4 years away from the sport and at 38 years of age, his punch rate had risen and he broke the record for punches thrown in an HW fight and still looked fresh after doing it.

How can a 38 year old improve his stamina so much compared to when he was in his physical prime? Doesn't make sense............ unless........ you know.

Comment

• Originally posted by Simurgh View Post
      You hardly can use the poll statistics on these types of questions.

It just tells you how many fans and 'anti-fans' vitali has on ths forum, or their overall opinion on vitali. Make the same poll with any question regarding vitali (that has at least some subjectivity) and you'll get a similar result.
      So what, you think this is just all hate against Vits? I don't think so, most people just have common sense.

Comment

• Originally posted by Own3d View Post
        Fact 1 - Vitali is a proven cheat
        Fact 2 - After 4 years away from the sport and at 38 years of age, his punch rate had risen and he broke the record for punches thrown in an HW fight and still looked fresh after doing it.

How can a 38 year old improve his stamina so much compared to when he was in his physical prime? Doesn't make sense............ unless........ you know.
        Broke reord for punches yes, but guess what? Vitali up untill 2004 didn't use to fight that many rounds, because he knocked his opponents the fuck out before 10 rounds. He's a beast, deal with it. You have no proof about that stamina bull****, you're just making things up to suit your agenda.

Comment

• Originally posted by Weltschmerz View Post
          Broke reord for punches yes, but guess what? Vitali up untill 2004 didn't use to fight that many rounds, because he knocked his opponents the fuck out before 10 rounds. He's a beast, deal with it. You have no proof about that stamina bull****, you're just making things up to suit your agenda.
          Go check yourself his average punches a round had a significant increase. Can't argue with the numbers they're there to see on boxrec.

The fact he was averaging more punches a round over 12 than he did in much shorter fights proves what i say.
          Last edited by Jam Jars; 03-09-2013, 01:46 PM.

Comment

• I guess its important to accept that:

A. Vitali isn't going to go down as a major suspect of PEDs, nor is he ever really going to go down linked with them

B. A random NSB poll/random guy on an internet forum isn't going to change that.

The German testing boards are well respected. The Klitschkos go through far harsher testing methods than US fighters go through.

Can you suspect Vitali of it? Sure, but it's certainly no different than suspecting anyone else

Comment

• Originally posted by techliam View Post
              I guess its important to accept that:

A. Vitali isn't going to go down as a major suspect of PEDs, nor is he ever really going to go down linked with them

B. A random NSB poll/random guy on an internet forum isn't going to change that.

The German testing boards are well respected. The Klitschkos go through far harsher testing methods than US fighters go through.

Can you suspect Vitali of it? Sure, but it's certainly no different than suspecting anyone else
              Not true he's been caught cheating in the past, a cheat will always be more suspect than a guy who hasn't been caught.

Comment

• Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
                So what, you think this is just all hate against Vits? I don't think so, most people just have common sense.
                Some do, but most are biased beyond the objectivity.

You won't make a thread about Holyfield and steroids if you know what I mean.

Comment

• Originally posted by Own3d View Post
                  Not true he's been caught cheating in the past, a cheat will always be more suspect than a guy who hasn't been caught.
                  If you disregard the legitimacy of the German testing boards. I'd accuse US fighters to be at a higher risk of PEDs since their testing boards are known to be lax in places, and have doubt surrounding them. The fact Vitali was caught in the first place is testament to that

Comment

• Originally posted by techliam View Post
                    I guess its important to accept that:

All good points. Except for the fact he has a history that will always connect him to the use of steroids.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ray* View Post
                      If i remember correctly he took that fight on a short notice so that might have something to do with him gassing around the 6th round.
                      he was on the undercard & was training to fight cedric boswell. the main event was lennox vs kirk johnson. johnson tore his pec & lennox just gave vitali a shot instead of cancelling the event.

Comment

Working...
                      X