Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vitali Klitschko vs Joe Louis - Who wins?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by crold1 View Post
    Most fight film from the mid-30s forward is at real speed and guages speed as good as anything today (if not in HD). Sanders was a low stamina mediocrity with one real good weapon, an iffy chin, questionable professionalism, and one good win no matter how you slice it. He showed up 10 pounds heavier for Vit than Wlad and got wasted by the ultimate pro, embarassing himself by showing visibly up out of shape. One thing to be said for both brothers...they put in WORK in the gym. You got to pack a lunch to have a shot at beating them. And of course it was telegraphed. It was all he had.
    There's a difference between telegraphing a punch and having a punch which your opponent knows in advance you're going to try to land. Telegraphing involves showing your opponent in the ring what you're going to do a split second before you do it, that split second being akin to a blazing neon warning sign for a trained fighter. Sanders was a limited fighter, I think we can both agree there, but his straight left was a phenomenal punch for a heavyweight, blindingly quick, crisp, powerful and well-timed. The fact it caught Vitali and nearly knocked him down doesn't relate badly on Vitali's defensive skills if you take that into account.

Comment

• Originally posted by The_Bringer View Post
      Now you're stretching it quite a bit.

Granted I wouldn't say Lewis was "shot", but how could you say he wasn't slow and out of shape in his fight with Vitali? IIRC, he entered the ring at the highest weight of his career, and his body was clearly soft, and untrained.
      As a Lewis fan first and foremost I won't try to overplay Lennox's conditioning to make Vitali look bad. Yes he wasn't in best fighting shape, but he wasn't an obese lump wheezing around the ring schooling Vitali six ways to Sunday because Vitali is dat shoite. Lewis could have made things much easier on himself had he been in better condition but the Lewis that Vitali fought was still the best heavyweight in the world and the fact Vitali held his own for six rounds is impressive and not something to be embarrassed about. Lewis was just that good.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cupocity303 View Post
        I have. And I see nothing in his arsenal or his physical makeup that would pose any problems to Vitai, at a consistent basis.

When Vitali isn't dominating fights, he also has a history of proving himself in taking a good punch, and hasn't been knocked out since. So it's fair to give him that edge, wouldn't you say? There is no basis in saying that Louis would just Ko him. Or would one dismiss that as an advantage also like we do with his dominant wins, attributing it to weak punchers, and not his toughness & great chin.
        Louis's combination punching, to both the head and body, would cause massive problems for Vitali. That shouldn't even be an argument. Joe Louis isn't like fighters today, who don't understand how to make a taller fighter's head come into range, and he certainly has the precision punching to nail Vitali's chin when it does come into range.

Louis certainly wouldn't level Vital with one shot, but it's not ridiculous at all to think, with his power and precision punching, that he would break Vitali down over the course of a fight. Just like it's not ridiculous to think Vitali's size might just be too much.

Comment

• Vitali would annihilate Louis just like he owned Lewis.

Tiny midget Joe Louis was extremely skilled but would just be another KO victim for ATG Vitali Klitschko
          moneytheman Ascended likes this.

Comment

• Originally posted by etlux View Post
            Vitali would annihilate Louis just like he owned Lewis.

Tiny midget Joe Louis was extremely skilled but would just be another KO victim for ATG Vitali Klitschko
            Vitali's face told another story in the Lewis fight. That sure didn't look like ownage to me.

Comment

• klitscho by tko way to big and powerfull.
              moneytheman Ascended likes this.

Comment

• The poll result is a kind of victory over racism against the Klitschkos.

It shows MOST people are FAIR and don't believe the very racist idea that Eurasian men are athletically inferior and even the best would lose to a smaller fighter from the supposedly athletically superior race.

Comment

• Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
                  The poll result is a kind of victory over racism against the Klitschkos.

It shows MOST people are FAIR and don't believe the very racist idea that Eurasian men are athletically inferior and even the best would lose to a smaller fighter from the supposedly athletically superior race.
                  Thank you for that PSA boxingscene Grand Wizard .

Comment

• Originally posted by joseph5620 View Post
                    Vitali's face told another story in the Lewis fight. That sure didn't look like ownage to me.
                    it might have told another story to you. But the judge's scorecards told another story yet, one that your blind agenda bearing moronic small mind isn't able to accept

Comment

• Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post

This is incorrect. The neutral corner rule was created during for the second Dempsey-Tunney fight. I can't think of a single Louis fight where he was allowed to hover over a fallen opponent and pounce on him as soon as he got off the canvas. Maybe Im wrong, but you would have to show me.
                      I was talking about Max Baer in context to him killing guy, not Louis. You may be right about the neutral corner rule, but this video proves my point, the judges didn't enforce it as they do today. It looked like a damn Rocky movie:

Last edited by cupocity303; 12-17-2011, 04:13 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X