No announcement yet.

Come on fellas keep it real...Cotto's face was damaged Vid inside

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by x3_bazooka_x3 View Post
    Seriously the moment the fight shifted when Miguel started to fall forward into Tony, the bell rings, Tony makes a gesture to his corner cutting off the throat telling his corner he is done, and the fight got stopped.

The middle rounds were close no doubt, the reason Cottos face held up better is due to the "EVERLAST" brand gloves which were bigger 10 ounces as apposed to last time out "Reyes" 8 ounce gloves...

if you dont at the very least own up to that factor than I suggest you dont know ****, because everybody knows the difference between the gloves...
    WTF I didn't see none of that.........

Comment

this pic disproves this whole original post --- Cotto today:

http://www.boxingscene.com/uploads/4...11205gal-1.jpg

damn you're right! his face is really busted up!

lol foh

Comment

Originally posted by RavshinRicRude View Post
        Dumb mo'fos still not reading/understanding the thread.....hahahhaah
        Nah I read your post bro and if you knew ANYTHING about boxing then you would know that it's pretty NORMAL to be that busted up in a hard fast paced championship fight.

and besides that your so called "point" is null and void because you know what PrickRude? Cotto won. That is fact. Now be a man and accept it, move on and grow up.

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
          Desperate attempt to validate Margarito's first cheated win and trying to use the eye excuse.

Reality is Margo wasn't in the fight in the couple of rounds before his eye swoll up and he wasn't in the fight after it, he barely won a round and was looking the much more tired fighter by the end.

The first fight he fought he broke Cotto's nose with an uppercut, this time his uppercuts had no impact, wonder why...

Yeah Margarito didnt look so good after that 9th round and he couldnt even muscle Cotto off of him. Wouldve liked the fight to continue to see what a couple more headshots and most of all some bodyshots wouldve done.

Comment

Originally posted by James78 View Post
            Nah I read your post bro and if you knew ANYTHING about boxing then you would know that it's pretty NORMAL to be that busted up in a hard fast paced championship fight.

and besides that your so called "point" is null and void because you know what PrickRude? Cotto won. That is fact. Now be a man and accept it, move on and grow up.
            ahahaha........you still don't get it.........hahahahah

Comment

WOW Cotto's face is very busted up. Look at this video..... LOLLOL

http://www.elnuevodia.com/videos-dep...690897001.html

Comment

Originally posted by reedickyaluss View Post
                Cottos face not looking the same as the first fight, to me, is directly related to the fact he did not get hit anywhere near as much.
                Nobody is denying Cotto won.....he boxed, hit and moved, backed peddled, ran (what ever you wanna call it) all night to win it....he had a plan and he executed it...more power to Cotto....no hateraide being sipped here.....just pointing out that some of the fanboy nuthuggers sayin Cotto went unscathed and trying to tie that into illegal wraps are trippin balls
                Cotto displayed the normal effects of being in a fight with a professional fighter. Very often, you don't notice the results of punches because you're watching the fighter on TV. If you were to see the same guy in person, you would see the damage, however slight, the fighter sustained. I've seen this many times myself. It's unusual for a boxer to leave the ring completely unscathed. Even one punch landed can leave evidence of contact.

The fact that Miguel's face wasn't the bloody pulp it was after the first fight doesn't prove anything about the plaster controversy. As Reed points out, Cotto wasn't hit nearly as much as in the first meeting. Also, both men are older and have taken greater punishment since. There may be evidence that proves Margarito cheated in the earlier bout, but I haven't seen it. It's all circumstantial, as far as I know.

Two things are beyond doubt. Antonio won in 2008 and Miguel won in 2011. Everything else is just fuel for argument.

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
                  Cotto displayed the normal effects of being in a fight with a professional fighter. Very often, you don't notice the results of punches because you're watching the fighter on TV. If you were to see the same guy in person, you would see the damage, however slight, the fighter sustained. I've seen this many times myself. It's unusual for a boxer to leave the ring completely unscathed. Even one punch landed can leave evidence of contact.

The fact that Miguel's face wasn't the bloody pulp it was after the first fight doesn't prove anything about the plaster controversy. As Reed points out, Cotto wasn't hit nearly as much as in the first meeting. Also, both men are older and have taken greater punishment since. There may be evidence that proves Margarito cheated in the earlier bout, but I haven't seen it. It's all circumstantial, as far as I know.

Two things are beyond doubt. Antonio won in 2008 and Miguel won in 2011. Everything else is just fuel for argument.
                  posted like a standup poster.....green k for you my good sir!!!......END OF THREAD!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by CLETO_REYES_01 View Post
                    well i would say cotto's face was pretty bad and that was with margarito not landing much punches due to cotto's footwork
                    Probably the most underrated aspect in all this is that Cotto's movement, at times running, at times lateral movement and much more likely to hold Margarito (I remember Cotto didn't do this until it was too late in the 1st fight and was a stationary target, sitting on the ropes and all that much more so than in this fight) being a much, much better explanation of the lack of damage on Cotto's face.

Look I'm a Cotto fan but I will say when many of my fellow Cotto fans seem reluctant to say because of hatred of Margarito and love of Cotto and it's this: I think Cotto and his team had the wrong gameplan and the wrong preperation for the 1st fight and would've probably lost with or without plaster the only difference being in the amount of damage taken. It was just a wrong game plan for a tough as nails brawler like Margarito.

Take a look at the 7th round of this fight where at this point in the 1st fight it all started to go downhill quickly for Cotto. Margo landed 46 power punches in that round in the 1st fight vs 16 power punches in the rematch and I don't believe he threw more than 100 in any round.

That alone tells me that Cotto's movement, defense, holding and some would say running was a bigger factor in making this a Cotto victory than anything else.

Of course having that bum eye was just icing but to me the victory had more to do with having the right gameplan and the right preparation than handwraps.
                    Last edited by KOKings; 12-05-2011, 07:16 PM.

Comment

ahahaha........you still don't get it.........hahahahah
                      Wow thats your argument, is that the best you can do? Go and try on some more masks you queer boy.

Comment

Working...
                      X