Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Team Pirog: Sergio Martinez Won't Fight For $6 Million!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dedication View Post
    Woah. That's a lot of money. For him to refuse an amount that much, only ascertains my belief that a Mayweather vs Martinez fight is in the making - please god be true!
    He wasn't offered that amount, they are saying they offered 3mil and are stating that they belive that he wouldn't do it even for 6mil. I hope he fights money as well, but I would aslo really like the fight pirog.

Comment

WAR PIROG

Comment

Originally posted by southpaw_07 View Post
        aha, now I understand why they took the Darren Barker fight for $ 600k, and refusing Pirog for $3 million, to make Martinez look good ahead of a Mayweather fight that will give Martinez / DiBella $10-15 million..smart business but please be fair to the boxing fans while you still have us.. I been looking more and more @ UFC recently...
        I very seriously doubt Martinez would get 10-15 million off fighting Floyd. If you take into consideration the Floyd-Ortiz numbers, that would be a 60/40 split (almost 50/50). That's not going to happen. I think Martinez can hope to get about 80/20 (5 mil.$) with a possible cut on the PPV revenue. Not actually holding my breath over the latter, since he's not considered to be a big PPV draw.

Comment

he fights barker for 600k but wont fight pirog for 3 mil? hes a ****ing duck. he'd be lucky to get 5 mil against mayweather or pac. and nows hes ducking a true middleweight for 3 mil?

Comment

he is holding out for mayweather or pacman...he has only a few fights left in his career so i don't blame him. if he loses to pirog he will miss out on possibly 10million or more

Comment

What's the source of the quotes? It doesn't sound like they were given directly to boxingscene.
              Last edited by DoktorSleepless; 10-17-2011, 11:55 AM.

Comment

i hate how pirog act as if they are entitled to this fight. sure martinez should fight him, but they need to stop being ******* and make it so that martinez has no other choice but to fight him. beat someone!

Comment

Believe what you want, but there would only be one reason Martinez wouldn't take Pirog's offer. If Martinez was certain the Mayweather fight isn't gonna happen, this fight would have already taken place.

Comment

Originally posted by Dominicano Soy! View Post
                    Believe what you want, but there would only be one reason Martinez wouldn't take Pirog's offer. If Martinez was certain the Mayweather fight isn't gonna happen, this fight would have already taken place.
                    And what d'ya suppose that reason is?

Comment

Originally posted by Guerrero360 View Post
                      He wasn't offered that amount, they are saying they offered 3mil and are stating that they belive that he wouldn't do it even for 6mil. I hope he fights money as well, but I would aslo really like the fight pirog.
                      Ignore that comment I made back there. I merely looked at the thread title, and responded without reading the content of the actual article. Cheers though for pointing that out to me.

Comment

Working...
                      X