Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Team Pirog: Sergio Martinez Won't Fight For $6 Million!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
    This post would make sense if Martinez hadn't just fought Barker.
    Oh no i agree that Barker was also not worhty but there wasnt many on here screaming for Martinez to fight him or that he is ducking him. Maybe cause they dont show Barker fights but they did show ONE of Pirog's and that wasnt even his showcase but Jacobs, and many on here thinking hes this monster. And may i also point out that this will be in Russia.

Comment

Mayweather won't touch Martinez, even if Martinez fought for free.

It's obvious that no amount of money will convince Martinez to fight in Pirog's backyard, which is justifiable. Martinez's only way to beat Pirog in Russia is by KO. DiBella is doing the right thing though by jacking up the price to see how high Pirog's promoters will go.

Comment

Originally posted by Fetta View Post
        Oh no i agree that Barker was also not worhty but there wasnt many on here screaming for Martinez to fight him or that he is ducking him. Maybe cause they dont show Barker fights but they did show ONE of Pirog's and that wasnt even his showcase but Jacobs, and many on here thinking hes this monster. And may i also point out that this will be in Russia.
        Not being worthy is not an excuse. He's willing to fight Lee...How's Lee more worthy than Pirog? He's willing to fight Geale, how's Geale more worthy than Pirog? Willing to fight Macklin, how's Macklin more worthy than Pirog? He wants Chavez jr, how's he worthy? And, just fought Barker.

Yet he's offered a career high payday against Martinez and whatever HBO is willing to pay to show the fight. Still they get a no. Pirog said he's willing to come to America, Dibella says "fuck Pirog"

The question is why is Martinez interested in these lesser opponents. But, won't even entertain a fight with Pirog?

Comment

if martinez doesn't take the fight for $6 million he's ducking.

Comment

Not being worthy is not an excuse. He's willing to fight Lee...How's Lee more worthy than Pirog? He's willing to fight Geale, how's Geale more worthy than Pirog? Willing to fight Macklin, how's Macklin more worthy than Pirog? He wants Chavez jr, how's he worthy? And, just fought Barker.

Yet he's offered a career high payday against Martinez and whatever HBO is willing to pay to show the fight. Still they get a no. Pirog said he's willing to come to America, Dibella says "fuck Pirog"

The question is why is Martinez interested in these lesser opponents. But, won't even entertain a fight with Pirog?
            So they are lesser than Pirog?

Comment

This could mean that the talks with Mayweather are real, not fake crap. It seems to make sense. Spanish Radio stations where Sergio is staying are reporting on the contract talks of a fight with Mayweather-Martinez. Dibella is complimenting Floyd every chance he gets. Sergio is saying he wants to fight Mayweather every 2 seconds on Twitter. Dibella said they will have big news to announce a few weeks after the Darren Barker fight. It could all be coming together.

Why on earth would Martinez refuse a multi million dollar deal to fight Pirog (they could easily make the fight happen in the USA), if he didn't seriously have a good shot at fighting Mayweather.

If Floyd does fight Sergio, it's going to be funny hearing all the excuses about how Martinez was never really that good.

Sergio beats anyone at Middleweight. Pirog, Sturm, Macklin, Lee, Chavez Jr, Rubio...Sergio beats them all.

The only people I can see beating Sergio are Pacquiao and Mayweather at 154, or Andre Ward.

Pac won't ever fight Sergio at 154, and he's already backed off of the 150 lb demand, because Sergio already agreed to that. (I'd rather not see Sergio drain himself to make 150. 154 is far enough and fair enough).

You can throw Ward out, because Martinez' team has made it clear they will never move up to 168, and they are unwilling to fight Ward at a CW, which is crap. I just don't think they want to fight Ward.

That leaves Mayweather, the only real option besides other Middleweights. Cotto won't fight him, Alvarez sure won't at this stage, Chavez jr. clearly won't.

The only options he has are Mayweather, and other Middleweights (Pirog, Sturm, Lee, Macklin, Rubio). If Mayweather-Martinez doesn't happen, Sergio should take the fight with Pirog in March, while Lee and Macklin should fight each other. Let Chavez Jr probably fight Rubio and win, than he'll have to vacate his title. Than, if Sergio beats Pirog, he could fight the Macklin-Lee winner and than really push for a fight with Chavez jr.
              Last edited by 4Corners; 10-17-2011, 01:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Fetta View Post
                So they are lesser than Pirog?
                In many rankings, yes. Do you disagree?

Comment

Good post carnal

Comment

Originally posted by Dedication View Post
                    Ignore that comment I made back there. I merely looked at the thread title, and responded without reading the content of the actual article. Cheers though for pointing that out to me.
                    no big deal, the head is really misleading.

Comment

Martinez already turned down a career high payday and now he wants double it to fight?

This is ducking and dodging flat out

Comment

Working...
                      X