No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Dawson Stops Hopkins, Freak Ending in Two Rounds

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by GattiFan View Post
    PICKED HIM UP AND SLAMMED HIM ON THE GROUND?

WTF fight were you watching?

Hopkins missed big and d****d himself over Dawsons back like a freaking pancho.

Dawson pushes forward and stand up a little and Hopkins hit the deck.

Happens about every 10 seconds in boxing.

And as for you crying "FOUL"...uh...I didnt see the ref call ANYTHING close to a foul. In fact...looks to me like the ref waved off the fall as NO KNOCKDOWN and was waiting for Hopkins to lift his old kiester off the mat.

Yeah, and it's funny that hese B-Hop lovers are claiming foul.

Hopkins is the dirtiest fighter in boxing for the past 15 years. And B-Hop are calling foul. Isn't that funny.

I remember watching Hopkins punch Keith Holms leg about 50 times. I've never seen a fighter punch another mans thigh that much. Oh, but for B-Hop fans all this is legal. But when someone pushes Hopkins off their back, HOPKINS WAS BODY SLAMMED>

Get out of here.

SAME people crying foul on this are the ones that were squealing with joy about how Ortiz should have "Protected himself at all times" or "Win now, look good next time" BOTH events were sketchy, NEITHER is a foul or illegal. The double standard here is hypocritcal and super gay.

You are basically saying its a foul to "STAND UP REAL HARD IF A MAN IS D****D OVER YOUR BACK"

******ed.

TKO cause Old man river wouldnt get up and even ATTEMPT to fight.
    Yeah, and it's funny that hese B-Hop lovers are claiming foul.

Hopkins is the dirtiest fighter in boxing for the past 15 years. And B-Hop are calling foul. Isn't that funny.

I remember watching Hopkins punch Keith Holms leg about 50 times. I've never seen a fighter punch another mans thigh that much. Oh, but for B-Hop fans all this is legal. But when someone pushes Hopkins off their back, HOPKINS WAS BODY SLAMMED>

Get out of here.

Comment

• Originally posted by !! Shawn View Post
      Except Hopkins said he CAN continue.
      Yeah, I didnt get wtf was going on there.

I just dont think the nature of the injury was Dawson's fault, nor was it illegal at all.

Its a weird scenario. Hopkins already had extra time to get up and get to fighting, and he should have just done that. but I wish the ref was more competent in such a situation.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr. Invincible View Post
        So, does that mean that the guy who is so close that you have to push off is not doing anything illegal?

Exactly, which makes your statement moot.
        What? Thats what your legs are for man. Techinically, you are suppose to use that god given form of bipedal locomotion to move backwards and create space. I have no problem with using your shoulder to shove a bit and create distance, but technically, it is listed as a foul in the rule book.

Comment

• I HAVE FALLEN and I can't get up!!! Somebody call 911

Comment

• Originally posted by Steak View Post

I just dont think the nature of the injury was Dawson's fault, nor was it illegal at all.

Its a weird scenario. Hopkins already had extra time to get up and get to fighting, and he should have just done that. but I wish the ref was more competent in such a situation.
            I agree, nobody is arguing for a DQ. Dawson didn't do anything wrong in the situation, but he is responsible for Hopkins getting injured.

The obvious conclusion is a NC, same thing that happens with every accidental injury before 4 rounds have elapsed.

Comment

• Being a fan of hopkins I must say he milked it too long. He wasn't hurt . Took the whole thing too far

Comment

• Abstraction....why on earth would I be mad?

I think its freaking fantastic. =)

Just read one to many "This isnt the wwe or ufc" comments.

As if pillow fisted chad dawson had shot in on that cheating douche and scooped him up and dropped him on his head.

None of them comment on how Hopkins was even able to be shoved off Dawsons back. Answer: Cause he was laying on his back after missing a shot.

Dont lay on a mans back = You wont get pushed off, hurt your aged shoulder, and quit like a giant vagina on a pay per view. =)

So no. Im just about the opposite of mad. Thanks for asking.

Comment

• Originally posted by Steak View Post

If it wasn't illegal, then wtf was it !?

It sure wasn't a Legal movie.

It's a weird scenario alright, but bottom line is the Referee messed up.

In Boxing rules, it's actually impossible for a TKO to be given in that situation, unless the Referee saw a Dawson land a punch that none of the camera's picked up ...

Comment

• Originally posted by Iceta Lives View Post
                    Yeah, that's the thing. Hopkins really technically did the same thing that Cintron did when you stop to think about it. And I feel kind of like a hypocrite for bashing Cintron and calling the dude a pussy when he flew out of the ring against Paul Williams. But what makes that situation different to me, is Cintron brought his situation on himself more so than Hopkins did against Dawson. Plus Cintron acts like a bitch or a mental midget in 85% of his fights where Hopkins is mentally tough in most of his fights. The guy did push ups while the ref called a time out in the Pascal fight for crying out loud. The last thing I would think of Hopkins as is a pussy or a quitter.
                    hahahah so doing pushups during abreak means your not a *****?

LOL. . hopkins always pulls **** like this. . calzaghe, jones II, and it finally backfired on his hoe ass. . . TKO!! hahah

Comment

• Originally posted by gattifan View Post
                      abstraction....why on earth would i be mad?

I think its freaking fantastic. =)

just read one to many "this isnt the wwe or ufc" comments.

As if pillow fisted chad dawson had shot in on that cheating douche and scooped him up and dropped him on his head.

None of them comment on how hopkins was even able to be shoved off dawsons back. Answer: Cause he was laying on his back after missing a shot.

Dont lay on a mans back = you wont get pushed off, hurt your aged shoulder, and quit like a giant vagina on a pay per view. =)

so no. Im just about the opposite of mad. Thanks for asking.
                      green k sent!

Comment

Working...
                      X