Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jean pascal dislocated his shoulder against adrian diacano

Comment

• Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
      Maybe for a few minutes whilst he was on the ground.

It wouldn't go away when you stand up though and you wouldn't be standing around doing post fight interviews either.

Again not that I'm denying he has this injury I'm sure a Doctor's report will be given I just find it incredible that he was able to hold back something that would be utterly and unbelievabley painful.
      He's a tough man in a profession which demands pain tolerance, and it was important for him to set the record straight. I believe he was plainly in a lot of pain, but he bit down and gave an interview. Injuries are commonplace in sports, and when you have two large athletes jostling around things happen. It is pure ignorance on the part of the people who thought he was acting. Again, injuries are a normal part of sport.

Comment

• Originally posted by Iceta Lives View Post
        What you are saying is true. And I've been a Hopkins fan a long time. But I'm also not quick to jump and say that it was Dawson's fault that Hopkins hurt himself. I will however say that Dawson put himself in a position to get jumped on like that by leaning over and just staying there for a long period of time. It's one thing to duck a punch. But it's another to just lean over like you wanna get butt fucked and that's exactly what Chad did.

Neither guy did anything wrong really, I just want the fight to be changed to a no contest and for both guys to go in different directions for one fight to maybe help repair the image and get fans interested in a rematch. I won't pay for another Hopkins fight because of stuff like this even though I still got respect for him.

I understand with him being 46 years old it's easier for things like this to happen due to fragility. But paying to see a no contest is a real bummer. This isn't any different though to what happened with him and Robert Allen and Hopkins came back in the rematch and destroyed his ass. There is nothing saying he couldn't do that to Dawson. But we would have to see a second fight to find out.
        No the whole tactic by Hopkins, and indee others too-if they can get away with it- is when a punch is sliped and the opponent leans down, you continue on and fold over him,prsssing him down as hard as you can. Just like this Hopkins trick tonight.as floor. It would eventually wear Dawson out. Dawson just straightened up, in the process shrugging off Hopkins, who went over backwards his head catching the BOTTOM ROPE, cushioning his fall on the extremely well rubber padded canvas floor.

I'd be surprised if this is not one of his well tried, vintage performances, and attemptto get a fake DQ.

Comment

• Well i'm assuming it was an AC joint dislocation, probably had an Xray done, so gonna have to wait for MRI to see how bad the dislocation was.

Comment

• Originally posted by texasboi15 View Post
            George Dodd of the California State Athletic Commission admits there was a foul:

This will be overturned.

Rematch will be ordered.
            "Things you did in your career when you was coming up, nobody can hold you to what you use to do." Lol, it sounds like he's suggesting Max use to suck cocks on his way up or something. Not that he actually was suggesting any such thing, just a funny clip.

Comment

• Originally posted by edgarg View Post
              No the whole tactic by Hopkins, and indee others too-if they can get away with it- is when a punch is sliped and the opponent leans down, you continue on and fold over him,prsssing him down as hard as you can. Just like this Hopkins trick tonight.as floor. It would eventually wear Dawson out. Dawson just straightened up, in the process shrugging off Hopkins, who went over backwards his head catching the BOTTOM ROPE, cushioning his fall on the extremely well rubber padded canvas floor.

I'd be surprised if this is not one of his well tried, vintage performances, and attemptto get a fake DQ.
              You keep saying extremely well rubbered floor. SOmething tells me you have never actually fallen on one.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nodogoshi View Post
                "Things you did in your career when you was coming up, nobody can hold you to what you use to do." Lol, it sounds like he's suggesting Max use to suck cocks on his way up or something. Not that he actually was suggesting any such thing, just a funny clip.
                I hope it does, Chad will still whooop his ass.

This better be free on HBO! I aint paying for this shiet again

Comment

• Originally posted by Nodogoshi View Post
                  He's a tough man in a profession which demands pain tolerance, and it was important for him to set the record straight. I believe he was plainly in a lot of pain, but he bit down and gave an interview. Injuries are commonplace in sports, and when you have two large athletes jostling around things happen. It is pure ignorance on the part of the people who thought he was acting. Again, injuries are a normal part of sport.
                  I agree despite orginally feeling like he was milking the injury.

I would still like to see a Doctor's report though which I presume will be documented as soon as they get hold of it.

Comment

• Glad I didn't buy this bull****

Comment

• Originally posted by TheAlmighty View Post
                      I hope it does, Chad will still whooop his ass.

This better be free on HBO! I aint paying for this shiet again
                      LOL, if there is a rematch Hopkins will go back to playing mind games, something he didn't do for this fight, and will eat Dawson alive. Nothing tonight showed me that Dawson could whoop his ass at all.

Comment

Working...
                      X