Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RIP to anyone who bought this sht ..... rematch should be on Telemundo

Comment

• You guys are stupid.

I'm normally a fan of Hopkins (though I do believe he legitimately lost to Calzaghe), but not his dirty tactics. This was not an example of quitting, however.

Dawson picked up Hopkins and threw him on the mat. That's an illegal move in boxing. By rule, Dawson committed a foul. That means any injury or stoppage thereafter requires a 5 minute recovery period, and/or a declaration of No Contest.

The ref went to Hop's corner and asked him, "can you continue?" Bernard replies, CLEAR AS F---ING DAY, "Yes." The ref waives it off anyway and calls it a TKO, because he could see that Hopkins was injured.

So, the facts:

-Hopkins leaned on Dawson; that isn't illegal, but does require separation.
      -Dawson tackled Hopkins; that is illegal. Depending on severity, it's a warning, or a point.
      -An injury resulted, thus the official asked Hopkins if he could continue. Hopkins said he could. The ref made the call to stop the fight based on the injury, as well as the doctor's quick examination.

THE REF STOPPED THE FIGHT. HOPKINS DID NOT!

So you can stop talking like a bunch of jack-asses. Hopkins didn't quit. He was fouled, and subsequently injured, but plead his case to continue.

Comment

• Originally posted by ИATAS206 View Post
        he grimaced like that against echols too and what happened? The ref gave hopkins a couple moments to recover and the fight went on.
        What you are saying is true. And I've been a Hopkins fan a long time. But I'm also not quick to jump and say that it was Dawson's fault that Hopkins hurt himself. I will however say that Dawson put himself in a position to get jumped on like that by leaning over and just staying there for a long period of time. It's one thing to duck a punch. But it's another to just lean over like you wanna get butt fucked and that's exactly what Chad did.

Neither guy did anything wrong really, I just want the fight to be changed to a no contest and for both guys to go in different directions for one fight to maybe help repair the image and get fans interested in a rematch. I won't pay for another Hopkins fight because of stuff like this even though I still got respect for him.

I understand with him being 46 years old it's easier for things like this to happen due to fragility. But paying to see a no contest is a real bummer. This isn't any different though to what happened with him and Robert Allen and Hopkins came back in the rematch and destroyed his ass. There is nothing saying he couldn't do that to Dawson. But we would have to see a second fight to find out.

Comment

• Originally posted by Steak View Post
          I frankly just dont see a Dawson 'foul'. He tried to shrug an opponent off his back, its not even like he stuffed his shoulder into Hopkins or anything.

imo its hard to call it a foul when someone merely moves their shoulder down when another guy is above them. all you have to do is watch the replays.
          Exactly, these B-Hop lovers are acting as if Dawson body slammed Hopkins WWF style.

They;re like little girls, ooohh, Dawson wrapped his arms around Hopkins legs and body slammed him. Oooohh.

Comment

• Originally posted by HOOGSTRATEN View Post
            You are such a stupid little liar.

*Dawson pushed him*?

What a clown. Dawson lifted Hopkins from his feet and dropped him on his ass, that is not a boxing move, that is a foul.

Just one question. What was the boxing move that Bhop was using while he was draping himself across Chads back?

Comment

• Thank God I didn't buy it

Comment

• Originally posted by Iceta Lives View Post
                What you are saying is true. And I've been a Hopkins fan a long time. But I'm also not quick to jump and say that it was Dawson's fault that Hopkins hurt himself. I will however say that Dawson put himself in a position to get jumped on like that by leaning over and just staying there for a long period of time. It's one thing to duck a punch. But it's another to just lean over like you wanna get butt fucked and that's exactly what Chad did.
                I'm not blaming chad either. If he wanted to fight physical, foul or not foul whatever anyone wants to call it, that's fine by me. My issue was with how it ended, how the ref handled the situation and ultimately the ruling.

Comment

• What Dawson did wasn't exactly in the rules but it's something that happens a million times in Boxing and wasn't really that bad.

What Hopkins should have done was immediately got up. Instead of lying down pretending to be hurt. That is the one thing that has always annoyed me about Hopkins, is the pretending to be hurt nonsense.

The fight will be changed to an NC either way most likely.

I don't think Hopkins did any favours to his legacy tonight with that though because whether he likes it or not the backlash for that is going to be on him especially if the decison stands.

Comment

• Although Hopkins actually injured his leg against Allen and the same thing happened to his shoulder against Antwun Echols.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr. Invincible View Post
                      No, the result will not get changed. I gaurantee. Danny Green TKO'd Roy Jones with Illegal wraps that photos were taken of and didn't get it overturned, Hopkins has no chance.
                      You do realize that was in Australia. What do they know besides Kangaroo ***ing?

This is a different Athletic Commission and it's in America. Things can and will get overturned.

Comment

Working...
                      X