Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where do you rate Vitali Klitschko among ATG heavyweights?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
    No, Lennox Lewis was age 37 when he fought Vitali.

Wlad will be 36 next month, and Vitali will be 41 in July.
    You do realise that different fighters pass their peak at different ages? I mean tyson was passed it at 30. The Lewis that Vitali fought was completly passed prime ... Wlad at 36 is probably the best he's ever been. Tyson at 20 would destroy wlad at 20 ... wlad at 36 would destroy Tyson at 36

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
      No, Lennox Lewis was age 37 when he fought Vitali.

Wlad will be 36 next month, and Vitali will be 41 in July.
      How would you fancy a 36 year old's Wlad's chances against a prime Vitali Klitschko while coming off a year layoff?

TKO6?

Comment

Originally posted by House of Stone View Post
        You do realise that different fighters pass their peak at different ages? I mean tyson was passed it at 30. The Lewis that Vitali fought was completly passed prime ... Wlad at 36 is probably the best he's ever been. Tyson at 20 would destroy wlad at 20 ... wlad at 36 would destroy Tyson at 36
        But Lewis said he aged like fine wine. Surely there is something to that that proves he wasn't past prime, no?

Comment

Originally posted by jimmy1569 View Post
          # 1...... There's been no heavyweight that has ever been as dominant... Only so much you can shet on his opposition before you come to the conclusion he's 100% responsible for making them completely & utterly inept. Vitali klitschko holds at least 20 heavyweight boxing records.... No one comes close... There's a reason he's got the best start in heavyweight boxing history stopping his first 27 opponents.. Only to have this streak ended by a rotator cuff injury.. He's got the best start in history in terms of numbers & the best finish in history in terms of numbers.. In every sport the guy with the best career numbers is it's best ever.. This is no exception.
          hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. Sure.

Comment

Perhaps Top 30.

Going off the top of my head though.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
              Perhaps Top 30.

Oh come one dude, you know he's higher than that. That's a vague answer. Easily somewhere in the top 11-20.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                Perhaps Top 30.

25 to 30 is reasonable, 10 to 15 is just plain ludicrous. He was dominant, but his resume stinks and he lost his two biggest fights. He's much more favorable in h2h fantasy fights than actual accomplishment. Fans will say it isn't his fault his era was weak and I agree, but that doesn't mean we should promote him over guys more accomplished and with better resumes.

Comment

Originally posted by Japanese Boxing View Post
                  Oh come one dude, you know he's higher than that. That's a vague answer. Easily somewhere in the top 11-20.
                  No career defining wins, no wins over any ATG's. Can you name me another top 20 heavyweight who lack these two very important things?

Comment

Originally posted by Japanese Boxing View Post
                    No, I really don't know he's higher than that.

I could see Top 25 perhaps but certainly not Top 20.

Wladimir however, I would have in the Top 20.

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post

25 to 30 is reasonable, 10 to 15 is just plain ludicrous. He was dominant, but his resume stinks and he lost his two biggest fights. He's much more favorable in h2h fantasy fights than actual accomplishment. Fans will say it isn't his fault his era was weak and I agree, but that doesn't mean we should promote him over guys more accomplished and with better resumes.
                      Agreed.

It's true you can only fight what's available but even then his resume is still weak considering those factors.

I mean, Wladimir IMO has strung together a strong resume considering the weak competition available. His Brother's pales in comparison IMO.

And Wladimir still has years left in the tank.

Comment

Working...
                      X