Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where do you rate Vitali Klitschko among ATG heavyweights?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where is rocky Marciano on most peoples lists?

Comment

he doesn't qualify as an ATG at HW
      his brother might, but not Vit
      he just hasn't beaten that many good opponents
      he's right not to fight his own brother
      but that prevents him from being the man at his weight class
      he was the man in 04, only for 1 fight with bum Danny Williams
      like Vit, he's a boss, but he's not ATG

Comment

Mariciano has the #1 KO% , a perfect record and a win over a 37 year old Louewis.

Vitali, according to his fans should have all 3 of these, but you cheapen Mariano's accomplishments when you give Vitali something he has not earned.

Vitali is in the 11-15 crowd with Langford, Liston, Frazier and Tunney.

Comment

Originally posted by Harry Balls View Post
          great potential, mediocre resume. Very hard to rate in my opinion. Hes really dominate but his resume is garbage even compared to Wlads.
          This is what I think...too many contenders of his era he did not fight & injuries were an issue too

Comment

his accomplishments are likely in the 26-50 category

i voted for that option

that being said, i think he coudl take a lot of the HW ranked higher than he was if he were in his prime

his chin, size, and defensive mentality would make him a rough go

he's also a terrific ring general and one of the more economical big men i've ever seen.
            he'd do fine with small gloves (his defense relies on being out of range and tall,)
            he'd do fine in small rings because he's so tall and strong he can tie a man up or pull his head down like his brother
            and he'd do fine in 15 round fights. he's always carried a perfect pace.

Comment

Originally posted by joe strong View Post
              This is what I think...too many contenders of his era he did not fight & injuries were an issue too
              I'm surprised to see you rated him higher than I did.

Comment

An ATG? For what, beating Kevin Johnson? GTFOH. Wanna talk Wladimir? Fine. But Vitali is nothing more than top 30 HW with a resume on par with John Ruiz's.

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
                  An ATG? For what, beating Kevin Johnson? GTFOH. Wanna talk Wladimir? Fine. But Vitali is nothing more than top 30 HW with a resume on par with John Ruiz's.
                  He's the only man to hold a world HW title in three different decades.

He's the only man besides George Foreman to win a world HW title fight past the age of 40.

He doesn't have a win over a prime ATG HW, but neither do many other ATG HWs.

Vitali has many wins over decent HWs like Corrie Sanders, Tomasz Adamek, Larry Donald, Herbie Hide, prime Danny Williams, JC Gomez, etc.

He's not in the top 10 on my list for several reasons (for example, he quit against Byrd), but he's definitely top 11-20.
                  Last edited by The Hammer; 10-01-2012, 10:11 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
                    He's the only man to hold a world HW title in three different decades.

He's the only man besides George Foreman to win a world HW title fight past the age of 40.

He doesn't have a win over a prime ATG HW, but neither do many other ATG HWs.

Vitali has many wins over decent HWs like Corrie Sanders, Tomasz Adamek, Larry Donald, Herbie Hide, prime Danny Williams, JC Gomez, etc.

He's not in the top 10 on my list for several reasons (for example, he quit against Byrd), but he's definitely top 11-20.
                    So does John Ruiz. He's top 20 too.

Comment

Wlad & Vitali need to get beat by a Brit/American HW boxer to get the ATG rankings. That way they can hype up the boxer in beating an ATG to make him better than what he is. That's all there is to it.

Comment

Working...
                      X