• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by D4thincarnation View Post
    I missed that actually.
    You missed that huh? , yea...

Originally posted by D4thincarnation View Post
    But I don't think that is the official lineal title, As when it was vacated by Mayweather it became vacant.
    Oh now you don't think that is the official lineal title? Really now, is that so? So then why post that link if you didn't think it was?

Oh because, you missed that part actually, right? So it doesn't support your argument so is not official. But, if it would of helped your stupid, ******ed ass logic then it would have been official right?

Originally posted by D4thincarnation View Post
    And it can only be given again when the No.1 ranked fights the No.2 ranked in the division.
    Not necessary,

It can be given it some circumstances a #1 fights a #3. Like when Marg, who was #1 at the time, fought Mosley who was #3 at the time. Because, the #1 guy was already coming off beating #2 Cotto, at the time Marg-Mosley happened. That's how cyberboxing had it.

Or you can send a message to Cliff Rold, Crold1 who can tell you why Floyd is the lineal WW champ now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Harry Balls View Post
      for the record, wladimir and vitali is #2 and #3 on boxrecs p4p list. And theres not a damn thing none of you can do about it!

Lol, I got no problems with that...I guess were are debating over spilled milk.

Pac already ducked Berto so we can't go back.

Lol, lets see who Pac fights NEXT...if no Mayweather fight..

I'll give away all my points if I'm wrong...and DELETE my account.

1. Zab Judah
      2. Paulie
      3. Cotto Rematch
      4. Margarito Rematch
      5. Mayorga

5. Bob Arum : ERIK MORALES IS CLIMBING UP THE RANKINGS AGAIN, HIM AND PAC AGAIN WOULD BE A GREAT FIGHT.
      Last edited by BoxingFollower; 08-10-2011, 05:36 PM.

Comment

That is for the ring championship...

Not lineal..

Good God man, and you asking me if I know what lineal means? When you're the one confusing it for the ring belt?

Comment

for the record, wladimir and vitali is #2 and #3 on boxrecs p4p list. And theres not a damn thing none of you can do about it!

Boxrec I can't believe he used boxrec

Comment

• Lol...today has been hilarous, dude using BoxRec....even Pacquiao fans are not helping him.

He's been alone MAJORITY of the time in this thread.

Comment

• after floyd beat mosley i saw *****s saying pac was ducking mosley even though floyd whupped him

after it they said mosley was shot

interesting logic- in 6 years only floyd cotto and manny have beaten shane

Comment

• Originally posted by tennis-legend View Post
                after floyd beat mosley i saw *****s saying pac was ducking mosley even though floyd whupped him

after it they said mosley was shot

interesting logic- in 6 years only floyd cotto and manny have beaten shane
                mosley was avoided by pac AFTER he crushed margs but before he fought floyd. After he fought like **** against floyd and mora, he gets insta signed for the fight.

If you dont think Manny avoided him pre floyd then fine.

Comment

• http://www.boxingscene.com/crowning-...part-ii--18468

WELTERWEIGHT
                  Current Lineal Champion: None; title vacated 06/06/2008

Last Lineal Champion: Floyd Mayweather Jr.

Length of previous lineage: 06/17/2000 – 06/06/2008

Champions during lineage: Seven (Mayweather UD12 Carlos Baldomir; Baldomir SD12 Zab Judah; Judah KO9 Cory Spinks; Spinks SD12 Ricardo Mayorga; Mayorga KO3 Vernon Forrest; Forrest UD12 Shane Mosley; Mosley SD12 Oscar de la Hoya for vacant World title)

The road to filling the vacancy: Thanks to a major upset and a subsequent suspension to start off the year, the road is clearer than ever. Only one fight matters in restoring order atop the welterweight mountain: a rematch between Miguel Cotto and Shane Mosley.

So long as he wins his February 21 (mis)match with Michael Jennings, Cotto was already penciled in for a rematch to determine welterweight supremacy. Only it wasn’t Mosley’s name that was being sized up for marquee space, but that of Antonio Margarito, Cotto’s lone conqueror to date. All Margarito had to do was win his January 24 battle with 37-year old Mosley and plans could be made for a potential June 13 rematch with Cotto in New York City.

Easier said than done.

The most disastrous night of Margarito’s boxing career began in the locker room with the suspect handwraps, and ended with the most damaging defeat of his career, in every conceivable way.

Less than three weeks after being battered for eight-plus rounds by Mosley, Margarito suffered another knockout loss when his license was revoked for a period of one year by the California State Athletic Commission. The ruling bars him from fighting in the U.S., though promoter Bob Arum has since insisted he will do what he can to keep his fighter busy in Mexico.

Fighting outside of the US is a loophole many a suspended fighter has exploited. Since Arum promotes both Margarito and Cotto, a rematch could easily be made in Mexico or Cotto’s homeland of Puerto Rico, right?

Not so fast.

Cotto, whose most common answer in regards to future plans is “I fight who my promoter puts in front of me, has been more than vocal in his disagreement over how Arum plans to handle Margarito’s suspension. For the moment, the Puerto Rican is adamant about continuing his own career as if Margarito doesn’t exist, meaning he’s not the least bit interested in a rematch anytime before January 24, 2010.

That, coupled with Arum’s unwillingness to do business with any fighters connected to the ubiquitous yet invisible Al Haymon (Andre Berto the most significant name amongst welterweights, unless you also include division-jumping Paul Williams), leaves Cotto with few lucrative options for the rest of 2009.

Of course, he could always look south, specifically the winner of the May 2 lineal junior welterweight showdown between incumbent champ Ricky Hatton and 2008 Fighter of the Year and present pound-for-pound king Manny Pacquiao. Such a fight would go a long way in lining everyone’s bank account, but still leave a gaping hole atop the welterweight division.

The only sticking point in a Cotto-Mosley rematch is location. Money might also be an issue, but chances are if the logistics can be worked out, the necessary funds will be raised to make the rematch a reality.

Between then and now, a location must be found. Mosley is on record to say that a return to Madison Square Garden won’t happen. An odd statement, considering his lightweight reign and first tour as a major welterweight player saw him become a crowd favorite on the East Coast, becoming the first to sell out the Theatre at Madison Square Garden, and his first fight with Vernon Forrest producing the arena’s best ever boxing gate.

His issue these days stems from the belief that another close fight with Cotto will result in his not getting the benefit of the doubt in Boricua-friendly NYC. He insists that they travel to the Left Coast for the potential rematch. Arum could use geography as an excuse to make 2009 a water-treading period for Cotto while waiting out Margarito’s 2010 stateside return.

If Cotto-Mosley II doesn’t occur by the time Margarito returns, a three-way round robin could be in order. Cotto-Margarito II shouldn’t decide welterweight supremacy at that point, unless of course Mosley loses between now and then – entirely possible considering that he can’t sip out of the Fountain of Youth forever.

Given the way 2009 has played out so far, chances are we won’t have to wait that long for the next welterweight era to begin. HBO has so far lived up to its promise this year of producing better fights without taxing our wallets. A Cotto-Mosley rematch would undoubtedly go the pay-per-view route, but would be well worth the price of admission given what’s at stake.

The tiitle is still considered vacant by many.

Comment

http://www.boxingscene.com/crowning-...part-ii--18468

The tiitle is still considered vacant by many.

What's the point of this link now?

That same source has Floyd as the current lineal WW champ now.

Are you mentally ******ed? Seriously, are you?

Comment

mosley was avoided by pac AFTER he crushed margs but before he fought floyd. After he fought like **** against floyd and mora, he gets insta signed for the fight.

If you dont think Manny avoided him pre floyd then fine.
                      Shane put in an official offer to fight Mayweather after Marg, Mayweather turned it down.

Roach offer Mosley the same deal as Cotto, Mosley turned it down.

That was the only time Pacquiao could have fought Mosley, Cotto was young strong fighter, so Pacquiao when for him.

I don't remember anyone complaining that Pacquiao chose to fight Cotto over Mosley, and Mosley turned down the chace to fight Pacquiao.

Comment

Working...
                      X