No announcement yet.

Why did Pacquiao fight Mosley?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BoxingFollower View Post
    Well if you are asking that if Berto beat someone who was not a bum, then no, he beat no elite fighters.

But that doesn't change the fact that Pacquiao should have beat Berto.

Noooooo, the Pacman wanted to go for $****ty Shane.
    So Pacquiao should have fought an paper champ who has not beat any A class or even B+ opposition, who struggle when he stepped up to a B level fighter and should have lost, fought a gimme fight in Nov last year, who had little following, no real legacy, and tied to a different promoter.

Yeah that would have been a smart move.

I'll tell you what, post me one of your old post from prior to the Margarito fight where you are calling Pacquiao to fight Berto and I'll give you your dues.

Please don't tell me you are going to duck this one too.

It is just getting embarassing for you.

Comment

Why did Pacquiao fight Mosley?
      $$$$$$

Or was it for money? I thought Pacquiao was the peoples champion and not money hungry like Mayweather?
      Arum wanted that fight, no one else wanted it, so yeah

Comment

• Originally posted by D4thincarnation View Post
        So Pacquiao should have fought an paper champ who has not beat any A class or even B+ opposition, who struggle when he stepped up to a B level fighter and should have lost, fought a gimme fight in Nov last year, who had little following, no real legacy, and tied to a different promoter.

Yeah that would have been a smart move.

I'll tell you what, post me one of your old post from prior to the Margarito fight where you are calling Pacquiao to fight Berto and I'll give you your dues.

Please don't tell me you are going to duck this one too.

It is just getting embarassing for you.
        Right now, you are just being crazy, my THREAD SEARCH doesn't even allow me to go back that far.

You know why????? BECAUSE I WASN'T EVEN ON BOXINGSCENE BACK THEN.

This is getting bad for you man...you've been owned by everyone today.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pullcounter View Post
          $$$$$$

Arum wanted that fight, no one else wanted it, so yeah
          Thanks!! Simple answer. No Bias.

Comment

• Originally posted by Visceral View Post
            I totally get that. And Berto was the better choice to fight Pac at the time he faught Mosley instead.
            Berto: Undefeated, young, strong, and fast.
            Mosley: Washed up, just got whooped by Mayweather and drew with Mora, old, and slow.
            Young and strong don't win you fights, if it did, Pascal would have beat Hopkins.

Mosley at least had a punchers chance against Pacquiao, had good handspeed and a granite chin.

There is no doubt in my mind Berto would have got KOed in 6.

Plus Pacquiao wanted to out do Mayweather, which he did.

Comment

Young and strong don't win you fights, if it did, Pascal would have beat Hopkins.

Mosley at least had a punchers chance against Pacquiao, had good handspeed and a granite chin.

There is no doubt in my mind Berto would have got KOed in 6.

Plus Pacquiao wanted to out do Mayweather, which he did.
              Yes, because he probably would have attempted to trade with Pacquiao. Mosley wanted money and that was it, and Arum knew that.

http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/box...ory?id=5944532

EVEN DAN RAFAEL SAYS IT'S BECAUSE OF MONEY AND THAT MOSLEY HAD NO CHANCE.

Comment

Demolition of Margarito ending with a brutal 9th round KO

A beautiful KO of Mayorga in the final round with seconds remaining.

Should have got the decision over a middleweight Mora, who wanted to run all night. Well that where Mosley got that tactic from.

Since "Very Casual BoxingFollower" can't name the top 3 Berto wins, maybe you can help him out?

How about this one, what great name did Berto beat in November to put him in frame to win the Pacquiao sweepstakes?
                Only the Marg fight was at WW.

You have still yet to answer...Name the top 3 wins Mosley has in the last 48 months(4 years) at WW.

Margarito is one....Who are the other 2?

Go...

Comment

Right now, you are just being crazy, my THREAD SEARCH doesn't even allow me to go back that far.

You know why????? BECAUSE I WASN'T EVEN ON BOXINGSCENE BACK THEN.

This is getting bad for you man...you've been owned by everyone today.
                  About the same time you started watch boxing by the looks of things.

Ok who was calling for Berto to fight Pacquiao before October 2010?

Comment

No he wasn't.

Study up and get back to me when you find out the answer.
                    Yes he is/was...You should study up more.

Comment

About the same time you started watch boxing by the looks of things.

Ok who was calling for Berto to fight Pacquiao before October 2010?
                      No one also was calling for Mosley vs Pacquiao after the lost to Mora, it was clear he was shot!!

Hardcore boxing fans wanted to see Pacquiao vs someone young, rather it was Berto or Bradley, Madiana or someone else. There was more demand for a Cotto rematch than a Mosley fight.

There was less than 1% of demand for the Mosley fight.

Comment

Working...
                      X