Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why did Pacquiao fight Mosley?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This mofo is trying to debate me that Floyd isn't/wasn't lineal WW champion.

Yet he posts a link that states:

"Floyd Mayweather (41-0, 25 KO)
    Current Title: Lineal World Welterweight (2010-Present)"

As a way of owning me that Floyd isn't/wasn't the lineal champ?

Good God, .

Comment

• I never seen a Pacquiao fan of this LEVEL, this dude is truly P4P king of dickriders

Comment

• Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
        WTF? Did you not read where it says, CURRENT LINEAL CHAMPION?

Why do you think it has the word "CURRENT" in there?

Because, he is the current lineal champion.

He won it when he beat Mosley.

So therefor *sigh* I repeat.

When Pac vs Mosley happened.

Floyd was the lineal champion

Pac ranked #1
        Ortiz #2

Those are your top 3 WWs when Pac-Mosley happened.

However, more importantly is when Pac-Mosley was signed. That's when it matter of most.

Floyd was the lineal champion
        Pac ranked #1
        Berto ranked #2

Those were your top 3 WW's.

If you want the ring rankings then....

Pac #1
        Floyd #2
        Berto #3

No matter how you try to spin it, Mosley wasn't ranked top 3. And, there were better options.

Anyways, so when you read that it Floyd Mayweather "CURRENT LINEAL CHAMPION" what exactly did you think that meant?

I missed that actually.

But I don't think that is the official lineal title, As when it was vacated by Mayweather it became vacant.

And it can only be given again when the No.1 ranked fights the No.2 ranked in the division.

Comment

• Originally posted by chav View Post
          Arum made it because he could get Mosley signed into his stable and make double bubble off the promoters fees and keep it all in-house.

They also took it to try and beat Mosley better then Mayweather did because Manny doesn't want to take a drugs test, so they figure, avoid Floyd yet beat all his competition, that way you don't have to fight and risk losing to him, yet to you can claim bragging rights.

Flawed logic as Mayweather destroyed Mosley and Pacman didn't do the magical number he was supposed to on Mosley. Definitely one of the worst fights Manny has been in. I think I enjoyed the Clottey fight more and that is saying something.

ridiculous. Mosley was competitive for 2 rounds and rocked Floyd bad TWICE. He was never knocked down against Floyd. Mosley's face was sparkle fresh after the fight too.

Mosley got bleachede against Pac. Got knocked down an ran for his life. he won 0 seconds in that entire fight.

Pac > Mayweather

Comment

• Originally posted by D4thincarnation View Post
            Have you studied that list as yet, worked it out?

Look forward to your reply.
            Studied what list?

Who the current lineal WW champ is? That list?

Sure let me go look at the link you posted as your source for that answer

Comment

• for the record, wladimir and vitali is #2 and #3 on boxrecs p4p list. And theres not a damn thing none of you can do about it!

Comment

• Originally posted by Rassclot View Post
                ridiculous. Mosley was competitive for 2 rounds and rocked Floyd bad TWICE. He was never knocked down against Floyd. Mosley's face was sparkle fresh after the fight too.

Mosley got bleachede against Pac. Got knocked down an ran for his life. he won 0 seconds in that entire fight.

Pac > Mayweather
                AND THAT WAS WHY EXACTLY THE FIGHT SHOULD HAVE BEEN NEVER MADE.

Regardless he took a beating from Mayweather, some people even believe that he lost to Sergio Mora.

Truth about it, Mosley shouldn't have been in there, but it was a money fight, its as simple as that.

Pacquiao wanted a big payday, but lets not turn it in to Mosley being the most dangerous WW.

Comment

• http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...ld_championsIn 2002,

The Ring created a lineal championship system that is "intended to reward fighters who, by satisfying rigid criteria, can justify a claim as the true and only world champion in a given weight class".[2] There are currently only two ways that a boxer can win The Ring's title: defeat the reigning champion; or winning a box-off between The Ring's number-one and number-two rated contenders (or, sometimes, number-one and number-three rated).[3] There are also only three ways that a boxer can lose The Ring's title: lose a championship fight, move to a different weight class, or retire.[3] (The Ring does not strip its champions' titles like the sanctioning bodies do.)

Comment

• Originally posted by Rassclot View Post

Pac > Mayweather
                    thats why nazim wanted to stop the fight, right?

Comment

• Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
                      This mofo is trying to debate me that Floyd isn't/wasn't lineal WW champion.

Yet he posts a link that states:

"Floyd Mayweather (41-0, 25 KO)
                      Current Title: Lineal World Welterweight (2010-Present)"

As a way of owning me that Floyd isn't/wasn't the lineal champ?

Good God, .
                      It makes you wonder dont it

Comment

Working...
                      X