Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which fighter is more dangerous??Bradley for Pac or Ortiz for Mayweather???

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
    I'm not comparing Judah to Bradley I'm just using him as an example for a fighter with similar accolades who is also overrated (By set people).

Judah doesn't get overrated? Really? This is a guy who people thought would be an ALL TIME GREAT. Not just a good champion, P4P ranked, but an all time great.

Even now, people give him legit chances of winning big fights. Not so much now but 6 or 7 years ago. He'd be picked against most. When he was undefeated he would be picked against anyone in or around his weight class.
    Maybe I'm getting old(meanwhile I'm 28)..But I don't remember Judah being picked to beat Mayweather Cotto or Khan..I do however remember him being hype when he first came in the game..But hell he was undefeated and super talented..Shall we recall the hype fighters like Berto Khan Alexander Ortiz etc etc was getting..Oh and even now Matt's is getting??Very undeserving,no??But it's what happens,but like I said..Every belt Bradley has won he has taken..Can Judah say the same,very bad comparison at the end of the day..

Quick question,how many fighters who are active right now say that every belt they won,was off a Champion..Let's make it fun,they have to have won over two belts...Go..

Comment

• Originally posted by Rome-By-Ko View Post
      Every last fighter I've named is flat footed including Barrera..What style did Barrera employ??Was he coming forward while Marquez fought off the back foot??Or was Barrera the aggressor??I rest my case on that matter..Barrera was coming forward and applying pressure,Barrera never gave any movement to any fighter
      You should try watching his fights before making comments like this. Especially in his "second prime".

Originally posted by Rome-By-Ko View Post
      ..Is he skilled,hell yes..But more skilled then Bradley your talking out of ya ass..
      Barrera in his prime is more skilled than Bradley. Not sure about the version Marquez fought.

To say any of the fighters or more or as skilled then Bradley is foolish..Pac is close,but even he is not more skilled..Put it like this,Bradley would get a good to great in every department of a boxer..Manny Barrera Salido even Marquez would not..Bradley is more skilled...
      Pacquaio is close Good lord.

Bradley is not very skilled, seriously. He really isn't.

He's solid in ever area and is skilled but he's not overly skilled at all. He's not a overly good boxer, he's not an overly good counter puncher, he doesn't have great timing, or speed, or defense, or anything for that matter.

What does Chris John bring to the table that Bradley could not utilize??I can't wait to hear the answer to this one..
      Bradley is much better than Chris John but he isn't effective off the backfoot like John is in the sense of making Marquez uncomfortable.

If Bradley tried to outbox Marquez he'd get outboxed easily.

Comment

He was putting it on him most of the fight until the last few rounds.

I'm not sure if he was fading, Bradley was getting his timing or he thought he was so far ahead that he just coasted the last few rounds. We'd find out in the rematch but I highly doubt it was because he respected his power.

Bradley has some pop but not enough to Pacquaio, at all.

I'm not disputing Bradley is a better fighter than Ortiz but he doesn't being anything to the table for Pacquaio. Ortiz atleast has some power that could win him the fight against Mayweather. As unlikely as it is.
        Pac respected Bradley's power if not he would have ran in like he did to Cotto..Pac was putting it on Timmy??LMAO..Ok yet never hurt or stunned him at all..The only time Timmy even look a bit hurt was when he rolled his foot..Which unless Pac is faster then the human eye,did not have much to do with..Well him landing on Timmy anyway...

Comment

.Put it like this,Bradley would get a good to great in every department of a boxer..Manny Barrera Salido even Marquez would not..Bradley is more skilled...
          All of those fighters are better than Bradley. All of them.

The fact of the matter is, Bradley is a solid B fighter. He's not exceptional in any category. He's extremely competent and, until fighting Pacquiao, appeared to have indomitable will. For most guys he'll be too much.

The difference is that even if Bradley is extremely competent in every category, he's not "exceptional" in any of them. Pacquiao, Marquez, Barrera, etc may all have a flaw or two but they make up for them with their absolute greatness in other areas.

Bradley will not be a big deal in the sport. He's a guy that will continue to lose when put in against truly great fighters, but he'll do well against most everyone else. It will take a special fighter to beat him. I think that's high enough praise for Bradley, but people like you and mathed won't let go of the idea that he's destined to be P4P #1 someday even after having reality smack him in the face in the Pacquiao fight.

Echoing IronDanHamza, Bradley seriously isn't as skilled as some people here act like he is. He's a jack of all trades but a master of none.

Comment

Maybe I'm getting old(meanwhile I'm 28)..But I don't remember Judah being picked to beat Mayweather Cotto or Khan..I do however remember him being hype when he first came in the game..But hell he was undefeated and super talented..Shall we recall the hype fighters like Berto Khan Alexander Ortiz etc etc was getting..Oh and even now Matt's is getting??Very undeserving,no??But it's what happens,but like I said..Every belt Bradley has won he has taken..Can Judah say the same,very bad comparison at the end of the day..
            He wasn't picked against those fighters but before then he had more hype than an of those names mentioned.

Like I just said, I wasn't comparing Bradley and Judah. Do you understand that?

I was merely using an example of a fighter with accolades you named who is overrated.

You said "A two time unified Champion is overrated? Ok"

Is it impossible to be overrated if you have those accolades? No, it's not.

And I was using an example to show you why.

Quick question,how many fighters who are active right now say that every belt they won,was off a Champion..Let's make it fun,they have to have won over two belts...Go..
            Off the top of my head all I think of is Mayweather.

Not sure the point you're making.

Comment

Is being skilled only about boxing off the back foot? Does that determine who's more skilled.

Pacquaio is clearly more skilled than Bradley. Clearly
              There is nothing clear about it except you not wanting to give Bradley really any credit..You start off by saying the kid is overrated..Now he is not even in Pac's league in the skill department and he beat Pac..Dude it's not only fighting off the back foot..It's a lot of things..Pac does not control distance well..Pac can be timed and has very laxed defense..Attacks with his guard down..I can go on and on..While Bradley's technique might not be pretty to watch,he is more skilled then Pac bro..he also does more things well,it's just that Pac does what he does well very well..Hell even Great!!

Comment

Pac respected Bradley's power if not he would have ran in like he did to Cotto..Pac was putting it on Timmy??LMAO..Ok yet never hurt or stunned him at all..The only time Timmy even look a bit hurt was when he rolled his foot..Which unless Pac is faster then the human eye,did not have much to do with..Well him landing on Timmy anyway...
                Yeah he was. There were rounds where he was putting it on him heavily. Just because he didn't badly hurt him doesn't mean he wasn't.

He did stun him, by the way. Don't recall the round but he definitely stunned him in one of them. Bradley can take a shot though to his credit.

Comment

• Originally posted by streetwaves View Post
                  All of those fighters are better than Bradley. All of them.

The fact of the matter is, Bradley is a solid B fighter. He's not exceptional in any category. He's extremely competent and, until fighting Pacquiao, appeared to have indomitable will. For most guys he'll be too much.

The difference is that even if Bradley is extremely competent in every category, he's not "exceptional" in any of them. Pacquiao, Marquez, Barrera, etc may all have a flaw or two but they make up for them with their absolute greatness in other areas.

Bradley will not be a big deal in the sport. He's a guy that will continue to lose when put in against truly great fighters, but he'll do well against most everyone else. It will take a special fighter to beat him. I think that's high enough praise for Bradley, but people like you and mathed won't let go of the idea that he's destined to be P4P #1 someday even after having reality smack him in the face in the Pacquiao fight.

Echoing IronDanHamza, Bradley seriously isn't as skilled as some people here act like he is. He's a jack of all trades but a master of none.
                  Reality hit Bradley right in the face when they announced,and new...

Yea I heard this all before,Bradley not great..He's going to lose..I make to much of him..Ok..Let's wait and see...

Oh btw me and Math's have been right about most thing involving Bradley..Are you a lil mad because ya hate has not done anything to harm his career...

Comment

Yeah he was. There were rounds where he was putting it on him heavily. Just because he didn't badly hurt him doesn't mean he wasn't.

He did stun him, by the way. Don't recall the round but he definitely stunned him in one of them. Bradley can take a shot though to his credit.
                    Can't remember exactly which round, but it seemed like it was around the 5th that people started talking about Bradley getting knocked out. To his credit, he did manage to survive. I think the Pacquiao that showed up for the 4th Marquez fight would have murdered Bradley.

Comment

• Bradley will never come close to being a ATG

Comment

Working...
                      X