Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Froch vs Ward Will Land at Boardwalk Hall on October 29

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Imagine that.... Dan Goosen taking another one of his fighters back to Atlantic City.... The home of the three blind mice!!!

Comment

Both good points addressed by Medved and Bush.

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
        I disagree.I think it's the fans that allow star fighters to bull**** around the sport.Star fighters have star power,tons of fans who support whatever they do.
        I don't know I thought the late 90's and early 2000 was worse then now..Since about 2008 and even a lil in 2007 they started having great match ups in boxing..Look even this yr how many prospects are being defeated,I think boxing is trying it's best to match guys up hard..Pwill had to fight Lara in his comeback fight after being brutally KO'd,Alexander had to fight Matt's after his lost to Bradley..We've seen some good fights for the past four to five yrs consistently..Better then when some of the highlights of a yr was Hoya fighting Forbes and Taylor fight Ouma..

Comment

The fight should be in Nottingham, UK, since that's where it would draw the biggest crowd and make the most money.

The pampered Ward has had all his fights at home, while Froch has fought in foreign countries for three of his four Super Six fights.

But I suppose Atlantic City is better than California.

I just hope the officials are from neutral countries, especially the referee. We need a referee who will stop Ward's illegal tactics: 1) deliberate head butts, 2) hitting off the break and 3) hitting while holding.

Hopefully Ward's shady promoter Dan Goossen won't be able to have his crooked referee Jack Reiss working this fight.

Comment

This Turdament is still going on? Never seen so many fighters go through so much trouble for a second place trophy. Luciane Bute must be honored that these guys are fighting so hard to earn a shot at the Championship

Comment

That's fair atlantic city is h half way

Comment

Tunney, without missing a beat, has more excuses.

"Ward won't fight outside of California"

"..... I mean, Ward won't fight outside of the west coast"

"...wait, what I mean was, uh, Ward... uh.. CHEATER!!"

Comment

Originally posted by johnm View Post
                  Tunney, without missing a beat, has more excuses.

"Ward won't fight outside of California"

"..... I mean, Ward won't fight outside of the west coast"

"...wait, what I mean was, uh, Ward... uh.. CHEATER!!"
                  Ward will have had all his Super Six fights in his home country.

Froch will have had 4 of his 5 Super Six fights in foreign countries.

If you think that's fair, you must be very stupid.

Originally posted by Pullcounter View Post
                  That's fair atlantic city is h half way
                  Not really.

Atlantic City is in the USA, Ward's home country.

With the three hour time difference from California, Ward will feel like he's fighting at 7:00 PM instead of 10:00 PM. So that won't affect him much.

With the five hour time difference from the UK, Froch will feel like he's fighting at 3 AM instead off 10 PM.

So it's not rocket science, Froch will be at a disadvantage. It's more difficult to adjust to a time change of five hours from east to west than of three hours from west to east.

God I hope Froch beats that cheating scumbag!
                  Last edited by The Hammer; 07-16-2011, 12:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
                    Ward will have had all his Super Six fights in his home country.

Froch will have had 4 of his 5 Super Six fights in foreign countries.
                    If you think that's fair, you must be very stupid.

Not really.

Atlantic City is in the USA, Ward's home country.

With the three hour time difference from California, Ward will feel like he's fighting at 7:00 PM instead of 10:00 PM. So that won't affect him much.

With the five hour time difference from the UK, Froch will feel like he's fighting at 3 AM instead off 10 PM.

So it's not rocket science, Froch will be at a disadvantage. It's more difficult to adjust to a time change of five hours from east to west than of three hours from west to east.

God I hope Froch beats that cheating scumbag!
                    Atlantic City is equal to Froch going to France or Germany. We can't help that America is such a large nation. If Bute was fighting in Vancouver would he have home court, not really. AC is pretty much as far as it could possibly be. The fight was always going to be in America, and AC is the very best spot to have it due to its half way point between Froch and Ward. Stop making excuses and Ward has never cheated. Headbutts, hitting on the break, and behind the head are not cheating. Taking something like PEDs would be.

Comment

Hope the tickets aren't too expensive and I will be there. Had a blast at the PW-Lara fight and want to make another AC fight. These have been the 2 guys I thought would be in the finals and glad to see it work out that way.

Comment

Working...
                      X