Comments Thread For: Froch vs Ward Will Land at Boardwalk Hall on October 29

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LeadUppercut View Post
    What a rip.

I should have known this would happen, my boy Ward never gets a fair deal.

Ward has all the fans, that fight should have been in Oakland.
    0/10 on the sarcasm meter.

Ward sold 500 tickets at the home Depot center his last fight. Nobody wants to see a headbutter/clincher. Froch will bring most of the fans anyways.

Comment

Originally posted by Check View Post
      Plus all the Halloween parties. AC has an awesome feel, being right off the ocean and all. TBH, I'd rather go to AC than Vegas if I'm just looking for a more laid back, enjoyable time.
      You might be right but by Oct 29 it's gonna be a lil cold out there being by the water and all..I really don't give a **** tho I'm in there like swim wear...

Comment

Originally posted by LeadUppercut View Post
        What a rip.

I should have known this would happen, my boy Ward never gets a fair deal.

Ward has all the fans, that fight should have been in Oakland.
        Froch has more fans than Ward.

Comment

Another fight that matters without the diva like attitude of spoiled fighters!!I can't wait to see what happens.

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
            Another fight that matters without the diva like attitude of spoiled fighters!!I can't wait to see what happens.
            They are in contract already tho so that helps with the Diva attitude you speak of,not to say either would have that attitude anyway tho...

Comment

Originally posted by Rome-By-Ko View Post
              They are in contract already tho so that helps with the Diva attitude you speak of,not to say either would have that attitude anyway tho...
              The pro's should be set up like the ama's.That way if U don't wanna fight the best,U simply don't show up to the tourney.

Comment

The pro's should be set up like the ama's.That way if U don't wanna fight the best,U simply don't show up to the tourney.
                Umm the only thing I don't like about that is it takes away from some of the hype and glamour that is boxing,and what makes a big fight..Sometimes waiting is the best thing for the fighters and their wallets..But I would love to see the networks give guys contracts and match make umm(almost like they are the promoters)but they will still need to know how to make fights big ya know..The wait at times can be a good thing for the fighters and the sport...The only losers out of creating buzz for fights are the fans..
                Last edited by Rome-By-Ko; 07-16-2011, 08:04 AM.

Comment

The only thing landing on that day will be a massive KO Uppercut to FrWards chin.

Comment

Originally posted by Rome-By-Ko View Post
                    Umm the only thing I don't like about that is it takes away from some of the hype and glamour that is boxing,and what makes a big fight..Sometimes waiting is the best thing for the fighters and their wallets..But I would love to see the networks give guys contracts and match make umm(almost like they are the promoters)but they will still need to know how to make fights big ya know..The wait at times can be a good thing for the fighters and the sport...The only losers out of creating buzz for fights are the fans..
                    That's how it would seem.But honestly IMO star fighters rarely deliver eexciting fights anymore.They're content with beating easy opponents while getting payed big bucks.Showbox & espn seems to always put up better fights than Hbo & Sowtimes championship fights envolving big stars.

Comment

That's how it would seem.But honestly IMO star fighters rarely deliver eexciting fights anymore.They're content with beating easy opponents while getting payed big bucks.Showbox & espn seems to always put up better fights than Hbo & Sowtimes championship fights envolving big stars.
                      I'm telling you we can thank the promoters for that,styles make fights is a old saying in boxing but it's a live an well in 2011..Most mix and match their star fighters carefully as to milk their money train as long as it's worth..I totally blame the Promoters for that..But there has been some good ones from Championship boxing from Showtime and HBO just to far in between ya know..

Comment

Working...
                      X