Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Race has nothing to do with it, most true boxing fans overlook the constant praise of newer fans that try to convince us "the latest is the greatest". Whether or not the fighter has proved it against meaningful competition.

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
      I think the whole racism angle is a load of crap. At the same time, if the bros were not as big as they are I certainly don't think they would be near as effective as they have been. If they were forced to fight quality fighter from the past I think they lose much of the time anyway. But if they didn't have that size advantage.....I might not even consider them competitive with most. That has nothing to do with color, but with an honest assessment of the facts.
      i didn't say it was the only reason.. read my first post please.. anyways i said its a factor..... and you cannot deny that..

now on to the size argument i will post again

wow a typical anti-klitschko argument...... "there just all size, if they were small they would suck"

if size is all that matters.. then valuev is the GOAT (he's 7f2)... Julius Long is an ATG... he's 7f1

marcellus brown 7f0 and you can see how he is dominating the heavyweight scene at the moment.. lmao

you know whats funny about all this

the klitschkos, either one would beat the **** out of all the fighters i mentioned above...

Comment

Originally posted by Marcov View Post
        Race has nothing to do with it, most true boxing fans overlook the constant praise of newer fans that try to convince us "the latest is the greatest". Whether or not the fighter has proved it against meaningful competition.
        does anyone know how to read... i didn't say it was the only factor.. i said it was a factor.. A FACTOR.... A

Comment

From what I have seen on this forum its a factor for all fighters regardless of colour. I have seen Klitschko fans show racial prejudice towards blacks, Manny fans show racial prejudice towards blacks, Mayweather fans show racial prejudice towards anyone not black(same with Bhop fans, but not quite as bad) etc.

Basically all it shows is that you get ignorant people of all colours and I cant see the point of these kind of threads as they only seem to serve to perpetuate this kind of nonsense.

This is supposed to be a boxing forum, but it just seems to get clogged up with garbage that actually has very little to do with boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by junior gong View Post
            From what I have seen on this forum its a factor for all fighters regardless of colour. I have seen Klitschko fans show racial prejudice towards blacks, Manny fans show racial prejudice towards blacks, Mayweather fans show racial prejudice towards anyone not black(same with Bhop fans, but not quite as bad) etc.

Basically all it shows is that you get ignorant people of all colours and I cant see the point of these kind of threads as they only seem to serve to perpetuate this kind of nonsense.

This is supposed to be a boxing forum, but it just seems to get clogged up with garbage that actually has very little to do with boxing.
            Race will always be an issue.. in everything..

Comment

Originally posted by Marcov View Post
              I would love to agree 100% with you, but I can't. As I've said, I don't give a crap about the race, and I know a lot of people also don't care about it. But some guys do.

I've argued with some guys who know a lot about a certain thing, they are very smart guys that can give you convincing arguments, and yet some of them in the end hate a guy just because of the race.

There are true boxing fans who don't care about race, and there are some who do care =/.

About the latest is the greatest, as I mentioned in another post it's just impossible to tell. With logic, analysis and common sense you can make an opinion on who's better, but a lot of this is subjective. Could Wlad beat Ali? A lot of guys would say no, some would say yes, I say that I don't know. Maybe, maybe not, and even if I said yes because of any reason I could find, I wouldn't know for sure if he could because they won't fight and that's the only certain way to tell if he could or couldn't beat Ali.

Comment

Originally posted by boxingking500 View Post
                i didn't say it was the only reason.. read my first post please.. anyways i said its a factor..... and you cannot deny that..

now on to the size argument i will post again

wow a typical anti-klitschko argument...... "there just all size, if they were small they would suck"

if size is all that matters.. then valuev is the GOAT (he's 7f2)... Julius Long is an ATG... he's 7f1

marcellus brown 7f0 and you can see how he is dominating the heavyweight scene at the moment.. lmao

you know whats funny about all this

the klitschkos, either one would beat the **** out of all the fighters i mentioned above...
                I agree they would beat all the fighters above. And my arguments are not based on their size though I do think they would be much less effective without it when you consider their respective styles to greats of the past.I would respectfully ask you to read MY posts before jumping down my throat, as I never said size was the only reason they were the best today.

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
                  I agree they would beat all the fighters above. And my arguments are not based on their size though I do think they would be much less effective without it when you consider their respective styles to greats of the past.I would respectfully ask you to read MY posts before jumping down my throat, as I never said size was the only reason they were the best today.
                  "if the bros were not as big as they are I certainly don't think they would be near as effective as they have been. If they were forced to fight quality fighter from the past I think they lose much of the time anyway. But if they didn't have that size advantage.."

clearly you did jab..

Comment

Originally posted by boxingking500 View Post
                    Race will always be an issue.. in everything..
                    Only to those stupid and ignorant to believe it actually matters.

Comment

Race is an issue for a tiny, easily ignorable minority of haters. Next is the nationalism aspect, the fact they are Eastern European/Slavic...there is a little prejudice around that perhaps but again no more than for an Italian or a Brit or Mexican who dominates. There were plenty who hated Lewis because he was a Brit.

Take that aside most people dislike Wlad's style. The disciplinary square, straight jabbing, outside fighting aspect and that Wlad uses his size so effectively and his tactics are actually quite methodical but many of us have now seen that, when pushed, Wlad has a good heart under pressure and there is a real fighter under that methodical boxer.

Most people like Vitali's style of fighting. No question.

Comment

Working...
                      X