No announcement yet.

Ivan Calderon a first Ballot HOF'er?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BennyST View Post
    I think so. Whether he wins or not tonight I still think he has shown HOF skill, longevity etc to be considered a first ballot type. Of course, we only say 'first ballot' HOFer as a guide. If you had Ray Leonard, Roberto Duran and Pernell Whitaker up against you, it's very, very, very rare you are going to be a first ballot HOFer.

As a guide, I'd say so. He's been a much overlooked great champion.
    I do agree with this statment overall, Benny.

I'm questioning the term 'unquestionable' more so. Or 'I esure you of that' or however Al put it.

Calderon is a great fighter IMO. Unquestionable first Ballot I wouldn't agree with though. Not to say he won't be a first ballot. But the term unquestionable I attach to the Leonards, Durans and Whitakers like you highlighted.

Obviously as you said if he were to be up against those names he would most definitely not get in which is why I questioned Al and was curious on others opinions.

Then again, Al said Andre Ward is this eras Ray Leonard

Comment

Originally posted by Billionz Rican View Post
      If he wins this fight, I'd say YES, if he loses, I'd than say NO
      I think he does regardless of whether or not he wins tonight because of his career.

Comment

Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
        No, and there are guys who are in the ballot right now as we speak. That should be in before Calderon. Maybe if he wins today, I will change my mind...Maybe.
        I don't think even avenging the Segura loss makes him an 'unquestionable' first Ballot.

It's the term unquestionable that I am aiming the disagreement at. Not the fact of him being a future HOF'er.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
          I don't think even avenging the Segura loss makes him an 'unquestionable' first Ballot.

It's the term unquestionable that I am aiming the disagreement at. Not the fact of him being a future HOF'er.
          It's questionable for sure.

Comment

Has anyone's opinion now changed after tonight???

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
              Has anyone's opinion now changed after tonight???
              No. You can vote on my poll.

http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=470637

Comment

I agree with those who said that it depends on who's on the ballot, so no. He's not an unquestionable first ballot HOFer.

Comment

Bump for Blackirish.

Comment

he's not a hall of famer to me. long title reigns don't mean much if you aren't fighting the best guys in your division and calderon never fought any of the best fighters at 105. his best win at 105 is daniel reyes who had lost 2 out of 3. he did beat cazares who was the best at 108 but in total he only beat 5 guys who were in the top 10 and cazares was the only true elite.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
                      he's not a hall of famer to me. long title reigns don't mean much if you aren't fighting the best guys in your division and calderon never fought any of the best fighters at 105. his best win at 105 is daniel reyes who had lost 2 out of 3. he did beat cazares who was the best at 108 but in total he only beat 5 guys who were in the top 10 and cazares was the only true elite.
                      well thank god u don't vote people into the hall of fame!

Comment

Working...
                      X