Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ivan Calderon a first Ballot HOF'er?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

calderon had a great career.lots of title defenses and held his deivision down..sure fire hof

Comment

Originally posted by figzuki View Post
      well thank god u don't vote people into the hall of fame!
      Well thank god you don't vote for HOF either because damn near everybody will get in. Especially Boricuas, every Puerto Rican fighter would get in, if you're voting.

Comment

Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
        Well thank god you don't vote for HOF either because damn near everybody will get in. Especially Boricuas, every Puerto Rican fighter would get in, if you're voting.
        i havent posted in this thread saying he needed to get in u idiot lol

Comment

well thank god u don't vote people into the hall of fame!
          the boxing hall of fame has hardly any credibility. some guys that are in it were merely above average fighters. by my standards you should have to challenge yourself against many top fighters and calderon didn't do that so i wouldn't vote him in.

Comment

i havent posted in this thread saying he needed to get in u idiot lol
            Isn't that what you tried to insinuate to Daggum post?

If that's not the case, then why respond to that manner when Daggum says Calderon shouldn't be in?

Yea....OK....Idiot.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
              the boxing hall of fame has hardly any credibility. some guys that are in it were merely above average fighters. by my standards you should have to challenge yourself against many top fighters and calderon didn't do that so i wouldn't vote him in.
              I agree to disagree, Calderon has been of the smallest guys in boxing for a long time and Beat Cazares twice, him being the elite at 108, and being defeated by Segura a ex 115 pounder that goes down in weight for some reason, he didn't win, but at least he tried to beat the best no?

as far as my original comment, PROFESSIONALS are saying hes gonna get voted in the first ballot not me or any clown on here.. i'm just sayin...

Comment

Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
                Isn't that what you tried to insinuate to Daggum post?

If that's not the case, then why respond to that manner when Daggum says Calderon shouldn't be in?

Yea....OK....Idiot.

cuz hes not no damn boxing professional thats saying he will be u dummy, let me guess, ur really a boxing professional now too? u knew what I meant in my post, now, if u want to play games go ahead bro...

Comment

If Calderon is first ballot then Sven Ottke should have been first ballot(He wasn't).

Michalczewski isn't even first ballot and he did unify titles and had something like 24 title defenses.

Comment

how in te hell is Calderon a HOFer? He only beat 5 top 10 fighters his entire career. He only fought 3 top ten guys during his minimumweight 'reign', and never fought Eagle Kyowa, Muhammad Rachman, or Yutaka Niida...never fought the best in his division nor unified.

his career defining win is Cazares...which is actually a pretty good win. but someone like Iran Barkley aint gettin in the HOF, and Barkley is far more deserving than Calderon.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                      Bump for Blackirish.
                      hahaha. And I read this after I was inevitably drawn to this thread.

Comment

Working...
                      X