Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who Won Pac-Bradley? Post fight discussion STOP MAKING NEW THREADS ABOUT THIS FIGHT.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Lorily View Post
    See, this here is what you call 'honesty'. You and I are two of the biggest Bradley supporters on here... and we can admit that even though we wanted him to win and look good, he didn't. Bradley went in the first 4 rounds reverting back to old ways and swinging wildly while neglecting his defence. I think he thought his speed was going to surprise Pac (and I think it did a little), but his wild shots opened him up to be hit and spurred Pac on even more.

You could clearly see Bradley coming in the 5th looking dejected and he did calm down quite a bit after that. He realized that nothing he could do would hurt Pac and that discouraged him I think. Yea, Bradley did better after that... because he wasn't throwing wild shots and he was being more defensive and moving around the ring a bit more. But Pac matched Bradley almost 2 shots for every one he threw, and Pac had Bradley hurt several times in the fight.

As I said in another thread.... the answer at the end of the fight is written all over Tim's wifes face. When Timmy reviews the tape, he's gonna see the look on her face and there's NO WAY he can believe that she thought he won that fight. Even the way Monica went up to Cameron and told him the announced score, they were both jumping up and down like they had just won the lottery by default. The other thing is - sadly.... Bradley may have lost more fans in winning (this way) then he probably would have made by losing in a good spirited effort (which is what the fight last night really was).

But I do feel bad for Bradley. He knew he lost before the decision was read. But the judges gave it to him, it's not HIS fault. What was he supposed to do?
    Good post. Bradley visibly lost his will after being dominated in the early rounds of the fight. He knew he couldn't match Pacquiao's speed, and he knew he couldn't hurt him. On the other hand, Pacquiao's power obviously could hurt Bradley.

He didn't get dominated as decisively from that point on because as you mentioned, he basically just tried to survive. He threw some shots here and there, but he lost his will - something I wouldn't have guessed would happen to Bradley.

Everyone knew he lost the fight. Bradley sure did, it was written all over his face at the end of every round. It was written all over his wife's face. This was an incredible robbery.

So what's the most likely scenario for November? Does Arum rob Pacquiao again, or does he give him the win he'll definitely replicate in November, possibly in hopes of setting up another rematch? This first fight doesn't deserve a rematch, Bradley was outclassed. It was a mismatch. God Arum's such a ****ing scumbag.

Comment

• Originally posted by mathed View Post
      A win is a win and a good prediction is a good prediction...what else can I say?
      It was a terrible prediction. You know what you thought would happen: Bradley would expose Pacquiao, and he'd be too much for him. You talked about it every day. You weren't "right" about the outcome.

Comment

• Originally posted by ИATAS206 View Post
        more

and for the celebrities/athletes

Justin Timberlake
        I cannot believe what I just saw... Please tell me they read that decision wrong... #Rigged

Jeremy Lin
        That was disappointing... RT @TherealRyanHiga: Manny landed double the punches, but Bradley landed double the hugs #boxingisdead

Jessica Biel
        What a joke! I can't believe they gave it to Bradley.

Jared Dudley
        There cheating in Vegas!!!!!!!! OMG!!!!!!! Wow!!!!! Biggest cheat EVER!!!!!!!

George Foreman
        The fight: Pacquiao was not accurate; Bradley won 2 rd. at the most. Pac was robbed.

Aaron Rodgers
        That is why boxing isn't popular anymore because of embarrassing scoring of fights like that. Wow. Goodnight

Ray Rice
        AgreedRT @DeronWilliams: Boxing is now the worst sport in the history of the world Im never buying a fight again

Shaq
        I watched allota fights but that decision was some bs. Now I wanna see pacqiou verses may weather I spelled PAC mans name wrong so what lol

Busta Rhymes
        BRADLEY U CAN'T SLEEP 2NIGHT THE FEEDBACK IS OVERWHELMING ISN'T IT? THE WORLD KNOWS U LOST. DO THE RIGHT THING & GIVE THAT BELT 2 PACMAN!!!

Lady Gaga: Twitter holds the truth. #MannyPacquiaoIsStillTheWorldsBestBoxer
        Katy Perry: #RIPBoxing #MannyPacquiaoIsStillTheWorldsBestBoxer The whole world is disappointed just look at the TT. But we all know who really won!

Kim Kardashian
        Just talking about this Pacquiao fight with @KhloeKardashian! How is this even legal???!!! Seems so fixed! Pacquiao deserves that belt!

marlon wayans
        Were we all watching the same fight? Bradley got clearly "****ed up"!

Xzibit: I live in LA, if I wanted to see somebody get robbed,I could go outside and see it for free, it shouldn't cost me 65 bucks. #PacBradley

Bill Simmons: Does everyone who watched tonight's fight have to appear as witnesses at the trial for the people who fixed it? How does this work?

oliviamunn
        Did u think u won? Pacquiao:Absolutely. Bradley:I have 2 watch tape&see. ?!! Judges r on crack. Solid crack. Only thing that makes sense.

Miley Cyrus: umm wtf?!? were the judges not watching the same fight i was??? wowwww. i keep thinking they are gonna say "gotchya!" MP (NTBC) is the hero here & every body knows it! I feel so sad right now! i wanna send him a belt! ha! that summm bulll****! This just proves that everything boils down to politics. ugh. why cant people just fight fair?! let the WINNERS win!

Floyd Mayweather Sr: I think Pacquiao should have won. #PacBradley

Nick Carter: I think I may never take boxing seriously again after that horrible decision against pacquiao. Manny freakin won that fight! Read more: http://indopinoy.blogspot.com/2012/0...#ixzz1xPiE37A7
        If Arum's master plan was this... it's working.
        Social media exploded and now everybody is talking about this fight.
        Although it's not going to work in his favor because everybody is saying they won't buy it

Comment

• Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
          I wonder if Mayweather will troll when he comes out and say's that Bradley legitimately won

I don't think even he would have the audacity to do that.
          LOL with Floyd audacity lays an egg. You'll never know. Trust me mate.

Comment

• Pacquiao won BUT he looked amteurish, just like he did before Roach.

The fight was an absolute circus, both men throwing punches like two drunk guys, no technique whatsoever.

Comment

• I scored the fight 114-114, a draw. I thought that Pacquiao won his rounds more clearly than Bradley won his, but I definitely can't agree with anyone calling this a robbery or a clear win for Manny. Watch it without the HBO commentary like I did and just really pay attention and i'm more than sure that you will give Bradley at least 5 rounds if not more. It was a close fight and there should be a rematch but I don't understand why people are feeling sorry for Manny. This is karma right here. Marquez did much better against him than he did against Bradley, and didn't get the decision so as far as i'm concerned this is poetic justice. And you people who are mad at Bradley for claiming that he won the fight are immature hypocrites. Saying things like "Bradley should have gave him the belt and admitted that he lost". Manny didn't do that against Marquez. He was claiming that he won the fight just like Bradley is. The only difference is that Bradley actually has a legit argument that he won, Pacquiao-Marquez 3 was a very clear robbery and far more controversial decision than this was in my opinion. Nobody can make a logical argument that Manny deserved to win that fight.

I'm absolutley overjoyed about what happened. Normally I don't like to see anyone lose in boxing or get the short end of the stick when they didn't deserve to because this is a very brutal and gruelling sport. I just like to see the people who I like win, but after everything that's happened over the last 3 years with the way that Manny Pacquiao has been presented (The charachter that he plays couldn't be further from the truth) and the way he's gotten to the top (by in my opinion taking enhancement drugs, and fighting almost exclusively washed up and drained opponents, while constantly using Floyd Mayweather's name to build his own while making no attempt whatsoever to get in the ring with him), I can't help but be happy that he lost. I don't hate Manny, I hate this idea that he's the best when he's clearly not, and it has brought me so much joy to watch that lying, cheating, fake, overrated hypocrite, his no-soul-having crook of a promoter Bob Arum and his ignorant, racist and juvenile fans get the short end of the stick. Manny's a good fighter, but he doesn't belong in the same sentance nevermind the same ring as Floyd Mayweather and I hope that we will see less of that now that he has been exposed again and given another loss.

Finally I want to do something that it seems like nobody else has done yet and give congratulations to Timothy Bradley. He's not getting the credit that he deserves for this victory and hopefully he can continue to be undefeated and improve with each fight. As of right now he's not ready at all but in a year to two years I think him and Floyd would be a tremendous match up if Tim can find a way to get away from Top Rank when the time comes and he is ready and closer to Mayweather's level than he is now. I'm hoping that we can see him against Manny in a rematch and then next year he can face Juan Manuel Marquez (The 2nd best boxer in the world right now behind Floyd Mayweather) and if he wins both of those fights convincingly, which I think is very possible, then Mayweather-Bradley will be the fight to make and the fight to see.
              Last edited by JK1700; 06-10-2012, 01:32 PM.

Comment

But I do feel bad for Bradley. He knew he lost before the decision was read. But the judges gave it to him, it's not HIS fault. What was he supposed to do?
                I don't understand... I really don't. I have a lot of people blaming HBO and Bradley for the robbery... I can't even fathom how they even came to this and why they can't blame more reasonable options. It's as if they think HBO and Bradley scored the fight themselves.

Comment

See, this here is what you call 'honesty'. You and I are two of the biggest Bradley supporters on here... and we can admit that even though we wanted him to win and look good, he didn't. Bradley went in the first 4 rounds reverting back to old ways and swinging wildly while neglecting his defence. I think he thought his speed was going to surprise Pac (and I think it did a little), but his wild shots opened him up to be hit and spurred Pac on even more.

You could clearly see Bradley coming in the 5th looking dejected and he did calm down quite a bit after that. He realized that nothing he could do would hurt Pac and that discouraged him I think. Yea, Bradley did better after that... because he wasn't throwing wild shots and he was being more defensive and moving around the ring a bit more. But Pac matched Bradley almost 2 shots for every one he threw, and Pac had Bradley hurt several times in the fight.

As I said in another thread.... the answer at the end of the fight is written all over Tim's wifes face. When Timmy reviews the tape, he's gonna see the look on her face and there's NO WAY he can believe that she thought he won that fight. Even the way Monica went up to Cameron and told him the announced score, they were both jumping up and down like they had just won the lottery by default. The other thing is - sadly.... Bradley may have lost more fans in winning (this way) then he probably would have made by losing in a good spirited effort (which is what the fight last night really was).

I agree,but I disagree with people saying Bradley was dominated..I really don't believe that is the case..I do believe Bradley clearly lost..I was sick listening to the commentators,oh god Jim pull Pac's cocck from you azz..Clear win for Pac,but not a dominate win for Pac imo..

Comment

• Originally posted by Rome-By-Ko View Post
                    I agree,but I disagree with people saying Bradley was dominated..I really don't believe that is the case..I do believe Bradley clearly lost..I was sick listening to the commentators,oh god Jim pull Pac's cocck from you azz..Clear win for Pac,but not a dominate win for Pac imo..
                    Pacquiao dominated in the only rounds that Bradley had the will to fight. Pacquiao's not great at catching a runner, I think that's obvious. But winning by what should have been a very wide decision should be considered dominant.

Comment

• Originally posted by cotto#1p4p View Post
                      Pacquiao won BUT he looked amteurish, just like he did before Roach.

The fight was an absolute circus, both men throwing punches like two drunk guys, no technique whatsoever.
                      This I agree with.

Comment

Working...
                      X