Comments Thread For: Marquez, Nacho Trade Words With Sulaiman Over Canelo

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pullcounter View Post
    dlh is a horrible liar
    for real...imagine if by some miracle his dream of being the only promoter in boxing comes true...oh my goodness, boxing goes down the ****ter in no time.....

Comment

This is good and i have respect for the fighters especially the Mex. boxers who stood up to WBC and called them out on this. But frankly i want to see how in the hell will the WBC try and protect Canelo when he wins? There will be top fighters that i honestly dont see him beating that will target him and he wont be able to hide under WBC, ODLH, miniskirt. I like canelo but he has fought nobody to be ranked 1 or be fighting for a belt and its unjust for the fighters that have fought for the right to be contenders. I call it that he wins and vacates the title because he will use the excuse he wants to fight at 147. Just my 2c.

Comment

Originally posted by Pullcounter View Post
        cause jmm knows what it's like to be a contender who always has to wait and wait to get his shot while less worthy guys get a shot at the champ.

jmm plainly said he was looking at the situation from the contender's POV, not the promoters or the champions POV.

you gotta give jmm credit though, because he did give his mando Katsidis the fight.

Jmm is legit.im just glad the wbc got exposed like a hot jerry springer show

Comment

I can't believe De La Hoya compared Mathew Hatton to Shane Mosley in his prime & Chris John. I wonder who the winner will fight. They will probably bring in a lightweight for 1st defense....sad state of the sport.

Comment

sulaiman is a corrupt scumbag that gets to operate without impunity, it's sickening, and it's only obvious where dlh's gonna lean, jmm and nacho, and all those opposed have it right, but the sad fact of the matter when it comes to this type crap, in and out of boxing, happens all the time.

boycott the corrupt boxing organizations, they don't protect the fighter, they don't protect the sport, they're only a parasite on boxing and NEED THE BOXERS, THE BOXERS DO NOT NEED THEM!!!!! all they do is take, take, take, and give up nothing, all the while running any credibility of the sport into the ground!!!!!

this stand point is one of the only ones that i agree with, with floyd mayweather, he has it right when it comes to the abc organizations........

Comment

Top stuff from JMM and Nacho. I like Saul but this is pure bullshi*t.

Comment

Would Chavez Sr. have complained if Junior was the one getting the breaks from the WBC? Isn't Junior also getting a title shot against Zbik this year for the belt that the WBC stripped from Sergio?

Comment

Originally posted by blackirish137 View Post
                  Alvarez had already been signed to fight Hatton before the WBC decided it was magically for the belt.

I agree wholeheartedly that the title thing is BS, but put the blame on Sulaiman and the WBC, not Alvarez.

I think Chavez Sr got it right. theyre pushing Alvarez too quickly. He should NOT be a 'world champ' already, hes not ready for that level. getting very close, but not there yet. once he becomes champ he needs to be obligated to fight the best in the division, and Im not so sure he quite ready for that yet.
                  he has a lot of potential, and they should not waste it.

Marquez has been a real sour grape lately. but I am very glad to see people getting on the WBCs ass about their crap decisions and rankings.
                  Excellent post, especially the bold.

Comment

Originally posted by wichito_one View Post
                    This is good and i have respect for the fighters especially the Mex. boxers who stood up to WBC and called them out on this. But frankly i want to see how in the hell will the WBC try and protect Canelo when he wins? There will be top fighters that i honestly dont see him beating that will target him and he wont be able to hide under WBC, ODLH, miniskirt. I like canelo but he has fought nobody to be ranked 1 or be fighting for a belt and its unjust for the fighters that have fought for the right to be contenders. I call it that he wins and vacates the title because he will use the excuse he wants to fight at 147. Just my 2c.
                    Or Saul could take the Andre Berto route and keep defending his belt against stiffs.

Comment

Originally posted by wichito_one View Post
                      Thats the main point Irish was making.

To me, the real issue is fighting an unranked guy for a title.

I wanna hear the opinion of Angulo, Rhodes, Cintron, Vanes, K9, etc.

Esp Cintron and Vanes.

Not because I think those two are the most deserving, just the funniest.

Comment

Working...
                      X