No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Marquez, Nacho Trade Words With Sulaiman Over Canelo

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GRUSTLER View Post
    I don't think it is that. The point is that, Canelo should be fighting someone with creditability for the WBC title not Hatton. Canelo could have fought a better fighter and he still would have received the recognition. I think the choice of opponent is the real problem considering Mat Hat is not ranked and hasn't fought in the division. I feel Marquez and Nacho has a strong case. Mexican fighters have a history of fighting the tough fights and getting the titles the hard way (like Marquez). Chavez Jr is no better. A fight between Canelo and Chavez Jr should have been instead of Matthew Hatton but the promoters want to squeeze even the coins out of the pockets of the boxing fans by creating these marketing hype jobs.

But thats the thing every modern champion has been moved up in class in this exact fashion. Cotto and Berto are two prime examples and you know what that title becomes a big bullseye once you have it around your waste. If anything that title in that division is gonna force Golden Boy to take some dangerous fights and I guerentee even if Canelo takes and wins the dangerous fights you are still gonna have idiots calling him a hype job. I seriously think the people who are calling him a hype job are the same people who never watch him fight becasue if they had watched his fights they would see that he is a very well rounded boxer with heavy hands and great athletic ability.

Comment

Originally posted by pistol whip View Post
      But thats the thing every modern champion has been moved up in class in this exact fashion. Cotto and Berto are two prime examples and you know what that title becomes a big bullseye once you have it around your waste. If anything that title in that division is gonna force Golden Boy to take some dangerous fights and I guerentee even if Canelo takes and wins the dangerous fights you are still gonna have idiots calling him a hype job. I seriously think the people who are calling him a hype job are the same people who never watch him fight becasue if they had watched his fights they would see that he is a very well rounded boxer with heavy hands and great athletic ability.
      Canelo definitely has the tools to be a great champion but as of right now he is a hype job until he proves other wise. They want this fight to be for a title but their not willing to have them take the risk in fighting a ligit contender for it? Canelo needs to fight a good opponent since it is all this hype about him. Chavez and Berto too.

Comment

Working...
      X