Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How will Donaire fare against Moreno and Agbeko?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
    I honestly believe Donaire allowed Montiel to have some success so he could set him up for that finale. In fact, I thought it was kinda obvious but maybe I missed something. He was so eager - and in tune - on that counter hook that he damn near threw it too early.
    Watching the fight last night, I thought that was BS on the part of Nonito. However, after watching the replay earlier today, I think you are correct. Nonito did not even try to slip, flinch or close his eyes when Montiel threw and connected with the right.

The super slow-motion caught everything. Nonito was expecting the punch and threw his hook, eyes wide open and full torque. Regardless of what RJJ, said Montiel saw the the left hook coming a fraction of a second before it landed.

Call me crazy, but if Montiel was countered throwing a left hook instead of a right. Nonito's check hook would have sent him straight to the hospital. Imagine Vic's KO x2.

Comment

Originally posted by Dominicano Soy! View Post
      I see that, but his lack of power...atleast Agbeko is durable. I like Moreno and in that instance I'd root for him, but I can't see it.
      Pernell Whitaker and Hilario Zapata weren't great power guys either. They hit hard enough. Power is great but having some pop hasn't helped anyone against Donaire. Moreno is durable as hell. Travels all over the world, multiple styles, guys with and without pop, and the only loss he has is some split in the four round days? Moreno might be the biggest threat to Donaire below 135 lbs.

I think he's that good.

Comment

Originally posted by crold1 View Post
        Pernell Whitaker and Hilario Zapata weren't great power guys either. They hit hard enough. Power is great but having some pop hasn't helped anyone against Donaire. Moreno is durable as hell. Travels all over the world, multiple styles, guys with and without pop, and the only loss he has is some split in the four round days? Moreno might be the biggest threat to Donaire below 135 lbs.

I think he's that good.
        Pernell Whitaker had his infighting/ physical strength to fall back on, I haven't seen that from Moreno. Plus I'd say Pernell's power was underrated. Again, I'd like to see Moreno pull it off but I doubt he can.

Comment

I think he's that good.
          I also think Moreno-Donaire is the fight to make at 118 but I'm starting to get concerned about Moreno. He packed on more weight than usual after the second Cermeno fight and his latetest fight has been pushed back a few times.

I hope it's just me overreacting and not him having trouble with the weight or some other issue. It'd be a shame if the fight doesn't happen.

Comment

Pernell Whitaker had his infighting/ physical strength to fall back on, I haven't seen that from Moreno. Plus I'd say Pernell's power was underrated. Again, I'd like to see Moreno pull it off but I doubt he can.
            I don't think anyone is beating Donaire right now. Moreno would be the least shocking upset.

Comment

Originally posted by Shadows View Post
              I also think Moreno-Donaire is the fight to make at 118 but I'm starting to get concerned about Moreno. He packed on more weight than usual after the second Cermeno fight and his latetest fight has been pushed back a few times.

I hope it's just me overreacting and not him having trouble with the weight or some other issue. It'd be a shame if the fight doesn't happen.
              It's ironic that, just as he seems ready to really realize his talent, he faces Parra with weight issues.

Comment

I don't think anyone is beating Donaire right now. Moreno would be the least shocking upset.
                Well, thanks for letting me know about Hilario Zapata, I like what I see

Checking out his HLs
                Last edited by Doctor_Tenma; 02-20-2011, 05:23 PM.

Comment

Donaire beats them all. He's king at 118 until proven otherwise. He needs to fight Moreno though to create a new lineage.

Comment

Well, thanks for letting me now about Hilario Zapata, I like what I see

Checking out his HLs
                    Zapata is a solid decade overdue for the HOF. Arguably the greatest yet at 108 (and that's a Jr. class with substantial history over the last almost 40 years).

Comment

Donaire will probably only stick around at 118 pounds to face the winner of Mares-Agbeko. I don't see him making the weight after that just to face Moreno, unfortunately.

Comment

Working...
                      X