Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How will Donaire fare against Moreno and Agbeko?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pastrano View Post
    Montiel got reckless. He went at Donaire with all he had and forgot to play defense along the way. I think he'd do a lot better in the rematch, but now its not certain if he'll get one and if he'll want one in the first place. I think Vic has the best chance to beat Donaire out of all bantams. Why? Because he already fought him and knows him better than Agbeko, Moreno, Mares or Perez. And because he's a good enough boxer to take him on, with tons of heart. And his power at this weight is underrated, he knocked down Mares after all.
    I agree he got reckless but really...what else was he going to do? He had already eaten a couple bombs before Donaire slipped some cyanide in that last meal he fed him. Montiel was going out either way, on his face or his back.

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
      I agree he got reckless but really...what else was he going to do? He had already eaten a couple bombs before Donaire slipped some cyanide in that last meal he fed him. Montiel was going out either way, on his face or his back.
      Montiel was trying to get some, to slow Donaire down, and was winning the second until...well...Those two were going for the bomb. Donaire got there first and showed some lethal ish along the way.

As to the topic question, Donaire is the star of the moment but styles make fights and this IS the best division in the game. With the depth there now, at least a couple more fights are in order at 18 for Donaire. Moreno would be the most intriguing.

Comment

Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
        the best part about Bantams: none of them are getting Andre Berto paydays

avoidance might not be an option...there is a payday named Nonito Donaire and there are showdowns to be made
        great point, it really is a great division.

Comment

Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
          the best part about Bantams: none of them are getting Andre Berto paydays

avoidance might not be an option...there is a payday named Nonito Donaire and there are showdowns to be made
          you get it wrong,

theres a monster named like this.

Comment

Originally posted by crold1 View Post
            Montiel was trying to get some, to slow Donaire down, and was winning the second until...well...Those two were going for the bomb. Donaire got there first and showed some lethal ish along the way.

As to the topic question, Donaire is the star of the moment but styles make fights and this IS the best division in the game. With the depth there now, at least a couple more fights are in order at 18 for Donaire. Moreno would be the most intriguing.
            I honestly believe Donaire allowed Montiel to have some success so he could set him up for that finale. In fact, I thought it was kinda obvious but maybe I missed something. He was so eager - and in tune - on that counter hook that he damn near threw it too early.

Comment

Nonito would be heavily favored against anyone @118.

Win or lose vs. Mares, I would love to see Agbeko fight Donaire. IMO it would be a decent measuring stick for how well he would do in the higher weights; if he can carry his power as a feather.

Comment

He beats them both IMO, Agbeko would have a better chance but he'd need to fight the perfect fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Dominicano Soy! View Post
                  He beats them both IMO, Agbeko would have a better chance but he'd need to fight the perfect fight.
                  Agbeko would provide the more entertaining fight but Moreno would have the much better chance to win. He's brilliantly contained. Knows he isn't scoring the KO most of the time so concentrates on winning rounds and can do so about 3-4 different ways.

Offense v. defense...Donaire-Moreno is THE fight at Bantam.

Comment

Originally posted by crold1 View Post
                    Agbeko would provide the more entertaining fight but Moreno would have the much better chance to win. He's brilliantly contained. Knows he isn't scoring the KO most of the time so concentrates on winning rounds and can do so about 3-4 different ways.

Offense v. defense...Donaire-Moreno is THE fight at Bantam.
                    I see that, but his lack of power...atleast Agbeko is durable. I like Moreno and in that instance I'd root for him, but I can't see it.

Comment

Originally posted by D4thincarnation View Post
                      After that KO that Donaire gave Vic he did not want a rematch then, why is he going to change his mind now?
                      Not saying he will, but if he beats Perez and Mares, he might. It would be a last hoorah. And to prove he lost because he got too reckless, like Montiel. That he CAN do better.

Comment

Working...
                      X